Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
US$204
View deal
eDreamsUS$211
TravelocityUS$211
All reviews washing machine plunge pool poolside restaurant bedroom bungalow lower pool apple crumble home away from home family vacation quiet pool pools are lovely cleaned daily spacious rooms spent nights pool attendant slice of paradise palm trees air conditioning
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I have stayed at Lantana Galu 3 times now and I keep going back. It is the convenience of having a fully fitted kitchen, a generous sized living space, combined with stunning views which keep bringing me back. The beach restaurant is good, the pool is super family friendly. The beach is also always quiet.

Date of stay: May 2018
Diana S, General Manager at Lantana Galu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Nazanine,

It's always a pleasure having you around and this time was no exception. You make it easy for our team to serve you well because of your kindness and we thank you for taking time to write this review. We hope to welcome you back soon and remain always available for any special requests that you may have.

Kind regards,

Diana

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I really enjoyed my stay at Lantana, it really is a great spot and if the opportunity arises again I would return. The villas are large and comfortable. I read a review citing poor cleanliness but did not experience this. Staying in one of the villas gives you all the advantages of a hotel and a great place to retreat in the evening, rather than returning to a 40 sq meter hotel room. Perfect if travelling with a group or with children. The beach is fantastic with powder soft sand and fewer hawkers loitering than at the hotel further down.

Im not entirely sure I would want to stay in the main hotel however. The feel at reception is that this is more a serviced apartment than a hotel and lacks 'life/vibrancy'. Also the hotel rooms are some distance from the main pool and cafe. It comes across as a bit detached. This might be different in busier months however.

The food in the restaurant was actually decent. Particularly surprised at the pizza which was far better than expected. I love surprises like that.

However, regarding service, dont expect anything amazing, it will only ruin your mood. Like almost everywhere in Kenya it was completely hit and miss. Some staff were great and the others just in the wrong job. In the cafe it seemed that if Patience was not around, service levels fell like a stone. Im always astounded when I see non attentive waiters everywhere I go, the lost revenue because of missed drinks orders (opportunity cost) would wind me up if I was the owner.

Room tip: Bring one decent kitchen knife if you are planning on any cooking.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Like2flyalot
LantanaGaluBeach, General Manager at Lantana Galu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you so much for the great review and the kind words. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and will pass your compliments to the Chef and to Patience. We certainly will be looking into the areas where your expectations were not met as we pride ourselves in our staff who are very often complimented by our guests.

It would be wonderful to host you again and we do hope that you get the opportunity to return.

Regards,

Diana

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I arrived on May 3rd-7th for my nephew's wedding and were received cordially by management well versed with Hotel guests reception, thanks to Edward and Diana. We felt at home with a tropical rain forest ambient environment. The staff was very welcoming,helpful and very accommodating. The food was in varieties and mostly delicious. The pool was kept clean all the time and private beach serene. The rooms were clean and spacious.For all the above mentioned, we decided to stay for one more night and were readily and extremely fairly accommodated. The wedding was beautifully decorated and well conducted. Nothing much needed to be done as the place is a natural beauty. We'll definitely visit again soon. Shout out to Rashid and the rest of the restaurant staff.

Emmanuel & Nilsa.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank nilsa s
LantanaGaluBeach, General Manager at Lantana Galu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Dear Emmanuel & Nilsa
It was wonderful hosting you and we're glad you had a great time. Regards from Rashid and the team, all looking forward to your return.

Diana.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Lantana is situated on a beautiful stretch of sand . Galu beach is fantastic but it's a crying shame that they have put up those sea walls in the area that are eroding the natural beach. Unfortunately that's where the beauty stops. While we loved the beach, we would not return again. Mainly because of poor hospitality. A few of the servers were rude and incompetent, the managers were bound by "laws" and petty policies that saw them refusing their guests an extra sachet of coffee and charging 25% for room service. Most places would charge a flat fee in this instance. On day of departure, we had a late checkout, so we wanted the kitchen cleaned so we could make our lunch etc. It took several requests to get someone to come and then they wanted them to just do a few dishes and leave for something else. The food was hit and miss - would avoid the Swahili menu and focus on pizza and sandwiches, or the crab. Furthermore, the villa we stayed in was infested with ants and this place has a lot of potential but zero vibrancy. We urge management to look at how they treat their guests and ensure that the focus is on good hospitality and not just cost cutting.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank kenyansalsa
LantanaGaluBeach, General Manager at Lantana Galu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, but we were all so disappointed to read you felt that some of the team were "rude and incompetent". We have never received comments like this before - we usually receive extremely positive comments about all our staff (other reviews show testament to this). With regard to the sea wall, I think you may be mistaking Lantana for our neighbours, who have a concrete seawall? Lantana's sea wall is made from loose, natural coral, in keeping with our environmental commitment. I have checked with our Front Office, and apologise that they did not bring to my notice that you requested replenishment of your coffee sachets. Had you mentioned this to me at the times we had chats during your stay, I would have arranged for you to be given further sachets. It is mentioned in my welcome letter that what we provide in our self-catering units is a "starter pack" only, but we do try to be flexible wherever possible, to ensure that our guests have the most enjoyable stay possible. I was surprised to read that you were not happy with the Swahili menu - these dishes are amongst our most popular. I believe that my colleague, Kirsty, mentioned to you on your departure, when you raised the subject of room service charges, that this was for dishes from the A La Carte menu, and not from the room service menu? I believe that she also advised that this was being reviewed downwards to 12%. I close by apologizing that your expectations were not met, as our aim at Lantana is EXCEED every guest’s expectations, and hope you are happy that we extended an afternoon check out at no extra charge. With very best wishes, Diana

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Charming villa complex set in a beautiful garden and fronting on to Galu beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the area. The architect has done a fabulous job setting out the villas and apartments and creating each with its own private space. The quality of the finish/ furnishings is very high. The staff are absolutely charming and clearly love working there. All apartments are self catering, with well-equipped kitchens but for the lazy (like us) there is a great cafe with a good menu. Fantastic for children - kids club at Easter and a great pool for children to learn in.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank Clairerbw
LantanaGaluBeach, General Manager at Lantana Galu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Claire

Many thanks for your lovely review. It was a pleasure having you to stay, and I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us so much.

We hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to Lantana.

With warmest wishes to you all
Kirsty