Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews washing machine plunge pool poolside restaurant bedroom bungalow lower pool apple crumble home away from home family vacation quiet pool pools are lovely cleaned daily spacious rooms spent nights pool attendant slice of paradise palm trees air conditioning
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Lantana is situated on a beautiful stretch of sand . Galu beach is fantastic but it's a crying shame that they have put up those sea walls in the area that are eroding the natural beach. Unfortunately that's where the beauty stops. While we loved the beach, we would not return again. Mainly because of poor hospitality. A few of the servers were rude and incompetent, the managers were bound by "laws" and petty policies that saw them refusing their guests an extra sachet of coffee and charging 25% for room service. Most places would charge a flat fee in this instance. On day of departure, we had a late checkout, so we wanted the kitchen cleaned so we could make our lunch etc. It took several requests to get someone to come and then they wanted them to just do a few dishes and leave for something else. The food was hit and miss - would avoid the Swahili menu and focus on pizza and sandwiches, or the crab. Furthermore, the villa we stayed in was infested with ants and this place has a lot of potential but zero vibrancy. We urge management to look at how they treat their guests and ensure that the focus is on good hospitality and not just cost cutting.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank kenyansalsa
LantanaGaluBeach, General Manager at Lantana Galu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, but we were all so disappointed to read you felt that some of the team were "rude and incompetent". We have never received comments like this before - we usually receive extremely positive comments about all our staff (other reviews show testament to this). With regard to the sea wall, I think you may be mistaking Lantana for our neighbours, who have a concrete seawall? Lantana's sea wall is made from loose, natural coral, in keeping with our environmental commitment. I have checked with our Front Office, and apologise that they did not bring to my notice that you requested replenishment of your coffee sachets. Had you mentioned this to me at the times we had chats during your stay, I would have arranged for you to be given further sachets. It is mentioned in my welcome letter that what we provide in our self-catering units is a "starter pack" only, but we do try to be flexible wherever possible, to ensure that our guests have the most enjoyable stay possible. I was surprised to read that you were not happy with the Swahili menu - these dishes are amongst our most popular. I believe that my colleague, Kirsty, mentioned to you on your departure, when you raised the subject of room service charges, that this was for dishes from the A La Carte menu, and not from the room service menu? I believe that she also advised that this was being reviewed downwards to 12%. I close by apologizing that your expectations were not met, as our aim at Lantana is EXCEED every guest’s expectations, and hope you are happy that we extended an afternoon check out at no extra charge. With very best wishes, Diana

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Charming villa complex set in a beautiful garden and fronting on to Galu beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the area. The architect has done a fabulous job setting out the villas and apartments and creating each with its own private space. The quality of the finish/ furnishings is very high. The staff are absolutely charming and clearly love working there. All apartments are self catering, with well-equipped kitchens but for the lazy (like us) there is a great cafe with a good menu. Fantastic for children - kids club at Easter and a great pool for children to learn in.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank Clairerbw
LantanaGaluBeach, General Manager at Lantana Galu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Claire

Many thanks for your lovely review. It was a pleasure having you to stay, and I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us so much.

We hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to Lantana.

With warmest wishes to you all

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Lantana Galu is the perfect place for a family holiday. A lovely combination of hotel services and facilities in the comfort of your own private space. We enjoyed the convenience of cooking our apartment...and when we didn’t feel like it the Restaurant was on site..as well as the many restaurants in the area. It really was perfect!
It is all beautifully designed and developed with all the facilities you could need. Galu beach is breathtaking! Would definitely return again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 506OTR
LantanaGaluBeach, General Manager at Lantana Galu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Many thanks for your lovely review.
Galu Beach really is breathtaking - we are so lucky to be located in such a very special part of paradise!
Myself and the Lantana team look forward to welcoming you back.
With very best wishes

Reviewed 6 March 2018

I have just come back from a lovely stay at Lantana we stayed in one of the bungalows at the top of Lantana, we had are own plunge pool, garden, re veranda. A/C through out the property. I was with my wife and our three year old son, who simply loved the pool especially the kids are which he stand in. The food at the restaurant is fresh and yummy, the staff are so friendly and kind, such a nice atmosphere. Lantana organised a cook for us who did all the shopping cooked us breakfast and dinner for our son. Lantana also organised glass bottom boat on the reef. This is not my first time, nor will it be my last. I have been with friends and sat in the pool chillin and having fun and have done it with kids, it works superbly well for either. The style of the accommodation, is airy, fresh, great finishes and is modern. You will find it hard to get better. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DougalMacdonald
LantanaGaluBeach, General Manager at Lantana Galu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear Dougal

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We enjoyed having your family to stay very much, and are glad this was reciprocated!

With warmest wishes from myself and all the Lantana team

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We stayed in a Villa in Lantana Galu in February and it was absolutely amazing. John and Edward at the reception were superb from handling my booking and transfer requests and also organizing a surprise Birthday cake for my sister-in-law they ensured everything happened seamlessly.
In the restaurant area and the pool side Didah and his team comprising Eliud and Rashid were superb, everything we requested for was catered for and they are what makes the place run smoothly.
Madafu's, Cocktails and the Food at this place was outstanding. Thank you all for making it a fantastic experience and hope to see you all again soon.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Nugu_Tz
LantanaGaluBeach, General Manager at Lantana Galu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are very proud of the Lantana team, who take a real pleasure in looking after guests and doing all possible to make everyone's stay as enjoyable as possible. Lovely to read how much you appreciated this. We're looking forward to welcoming you back!