Hotels.com
StayForLong
Snaptravel
All reviews private villa the owner indian ocean seafood pizza ocean suite main pool main building an amazing place shimba hills beach house an amazing view little piece of paradise small cliff memorable stay blown away world class
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2019

If you are looking for total relaxation with only a handful of guests, a beautiful swimming pool either to yourself if staying in a villa or a pool nearly all to yourself if staying in the house, then you will love this place. Food is great and rooms are beautiful which have views of a deserted beach that you can have all to yourself. You will escape everything for a truly relaxing time.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Msambweni, Manager at Msambweni Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2019

Dear @Leoeleph,

First off we would like to thank you for choosing Msambweni Beach House as your Kenyan Coastal getaway!

The fact that you were able to join us and get an escape as well as also relax, is the highlight of our day

You are most welcome back for new memorable moments on our lovely pristine beach of Msambweni.

Reviewed 29 August 2019

As you arrive you are greeted with hot towels & refreshing drink. You then walk through the entrance to a spectacular view....infinity pool that pours out onto the Indian Ocean.
We were a party of 5 and had the 3 units in the main building. Was a little taken aback as there was no room key. aka as there were no locks on the doors but I quickly relaxed when we settled in & understood no need for concern.
The food and the service was first class! You select your meals ahead of time, there is a good assortment & tables are all have an amazing view.
This is not a place to go if you are looking for excitement or entertainment. This is a total relax & enjoy the moment. If you need it, wifi is good.
The rooms are beautiful & we had an amazing spacious balcony to relax & enjoy the view. We even a monkey surprise us as they romped through balcony as we enjoyed our morning coffee.
We hopefuly can have the opportunity to return one day!

Date of stay: August 2019
Msambweni, Manager at Msambweni Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2019

Dear Lynne,

Thanks so much for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 15 August 2019

I desperately needed peace of mind to recharge my batteries with "pure unadulterated peace". I found this at Msambweni BH.

Jesse was my first contact and he was thoroughly hands on. I was a lone traveller. I had contracted services of a local regional airline and I flew straight to Ukunda Airstrip, 40 minutes away from the house. This meant that I avoided the ferry crossing, thankfully. The Chauffeur was waiting with my name neatly put on a board. And that was the moment that I understood this was a VIP trip. Ushered into the waiting cool van and a short stop is made for me to buy a sun hat & cream, as in my hurry had forgotten to pack these. We arrive at this gate which opened promptly. I was craning my neck to take peeks around me as we drove onto the front yard. and joy hit me like a ton of bricks :). I could already see the turquoise sea beyond the inviting infinity pool ahead. I had already died a small death of happiness.

My "standard" room was enormous, overlooking the pool/sea and had a large verandah with day beds. Evenings were an affair..cocktails with a fire by the sea in barefoot luxury. Flexibility for those who wanted some down time. There was discretion and an attention to detail that I marveled at. You might want to know if there was a complaint: yes, I had just one. That I had to leave! So if travelling as a family, group of friends, couple or other, rest assured this will be a home away from home. I will be back Frederick, Terri, Hamisi, Muzuki and team.

Date of stay: August 2019
Msambweni, Manager at Msambweni Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2019

Hi Lucy

We were overjoyed to read your review! Our team always try to make each guest feel special and we're delighted to hear that with you, they met and exceeded your expectations.

We also have a complaint; you left too soon!

Receive our utmost gratitude for taking the time to leave that excellent review, and we are anxiously awaiting your return.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2019

A wonderful friendly family run hotel, with excellent rooms, food, service and friendly staff, who are well supported by an excellent managerial team, which also supports the local community. Great pool and beach access.

Room tip: Visit the Mangroves and the Village
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Msambweni, Manager at Msambweni Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2019

Dear David,

Thank you for the excellent review.

It was a pleasure having you over at the hotel. We miss you already

Reviewed 17 July 2019 via mobile

Great service, great food, fantastic location, I could go on. I visited with family & friends, we all loved it, we’ll definitely be coming back, I highly recommend this place to anyone who is after an experience of a lifetime

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Msambweni, Manager at Msambweni Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2019

Dear Alvin,

Wow! What a wonderful review, we truly appreciate your trust in us

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I’m sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Take care!