Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews other guests half board local fishermen kenyan coast beautiful garden the food is great quiet place the main house isabel turner bungalow stories hosts books trips sea beauty
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 February 2019 via mobile

By far the best coastal getaway we've had.
My husband and I along with our daughter (toddler) travelled from Nairobi to Msambweni. There's no check-in upon arrival. You're shown straight to your bungalow by the owner(s). No time wasting, no standing around waiting for keys. You get to dive straight into your holiday of relaxation.
The tropical garden is beautiful here. Very well maintained. Like nothing I've seen next to a beach. The bungalows are perfect in size but we hardly spent time in there as there are so many places to relax out in the gardens.

The hospitality and service is second to none. The owners, Werner and Isabelle are the loveliest and most friendly hosts. They go above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and content.

The food is amazing. Just like home cooked food. Although there is a set menu but the kitchen does cater for your needs.

There's a real family like feeling at mbuyu beach bungalows. From the owners to the guests to all the workers. It makes all the difference.

If I could give the place a 10 star rating, I would!
Thanking Isabelle and Werner for letting us into their home.
We're really looking forward to coming back!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
IsabelleUndWerner, Owner at Mbuyu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2019

Thanks a lot, you lovely people from Nairobi! We promise to keep on trying our best, and to keep the place as welcoming and intimate as it is. See you back on our beach some day!

Reviewed 6 December 2018 via mobile

Cool ocean breeze, services were excellent..ocean waves and sounds at night it's a lifetime experience i can never forget.The place is organized in such a way it suits the wants of every visitor and fun it's all covered there... Back soon

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank nelsonmwenda57
Reviewed 14 November 2018 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights in Bungalow 1, right at the beach. Fell asleep and woke up to the sound of the waves breaking on the sand. Breakfast and dinner, served family style, was tasty, healthy and excellent. Extremely peaceful place. Staff was super helpful, warm and friendly. Walks in the surrounding town, beach and countryside were wonderful, beautiful and untouched by tourism.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank swisstraveler1990
IsabelleUndWerner, Owner at Mbuyu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2018

Thanks for your encouraging remarks, which we will share with our staff. Our bunch of cats will miss you as well...

Reviewed 1 April 2018

A friend and I, she lives in Nairobi and I am from Buenos Aires, Argentina, stayed for three nights at Mbuyu and we reallly liked the experience. The owners, Werner and Isabelle, welcome you on arrival and take care of you during your stay. So this is not a "hotel-experience" where you ask in the reception for the things you need: this is a beautiful familiy experience where the owners interact continually with the guests; not to mention the excellent dinners we all share. And this is a strong point: having read so many articles about what to eat and not to eat in east Africa I was a bit concerned, but lunch and dinner here were like mum cooking for us! Lovely.

I am studying German and did have my "übungsecke" (if the word exists): a beautiful library with books where you can pick one at your choice and read in one of the couches with a wonderful view to the ocean. I got interested in one, which was at my level: Die Deutschlehrerin. I promised the owners to read it and return to Mbuyu Beach Bungalows to better experience German conversations! :)

Useful last but not least info: Werner and Isabelle provide you with a beach towel. I bought one before flying to Kenya and then realised I could have avoided the extra weight :)

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank PabloC990
IsabelleUndWerner, Owner at Mbuyu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hello from the Indian to the South Atlantic Ocean, and thanks for the intercontinental compliments! Take the loaned book as a silent reminder and come back some day - you are so much welcome!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I remember lying under the baobab and watching a monkey family jumping from branch to branch. I remember waking up early to see the sunrise and the boats going out to sea. I remember watching the fishermen coming in again with handful of fish. I remember having dinner at that large table on the beach under the stars. The place is beautifully located on the beach under the coconut trees and surrounded by lush vegetation. Werner and Isabelle have put lots of effort in making my stay the most comfortable and practical. You will get all the information you need, about local life, places to visit, local attractions, handicraft. I only stayed there 2 nights, but I will definitely go again to take full advantage of this beautiful region. Lots to do, lots to see in the surroundings, the perfect place to relax without getting bored. WARMLY RECOMMENDED

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank MelanieNyssen
IsabelleUndWerner, Owner at Mbuyu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thanks Melanie, for dropping in on short notice and for your nice company at the long dinner table. it was interesting to listen to your rich travel experiences, and if we could even add some useful information: all the better! Welcome again...