“Special little place”

Remy's Cafe Kulinarya
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Description: We are a quality coffee shop serving traditional English Breakfasts, Lunches and Afternoon Teas together with Southeast Asian Signature Dishes and Tapas (Thursday eves). Home cooked food in a comfortable and attractive setting. (Kitchen closes at 10pm on Friday and Saturday).
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Lovely, relaxed place. Good food, good wine and friendly atmosphere. They have got it just right here. Well done. A real pleasure.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I like this place. If you want a little refinement at a reasonable cost this is the place. I was impressed they could muster me up a vegan sausages and mash even tho not on the menu. The coffee is good too.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely small restaurant with Remy herself being front of house.
There is a relaxed friendly atmosphere and service is with a smile.
The food is all freshly prepared and very tasty.
It’s great value for money and I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We moved to Hastings one year ago so we are still finding pleasant surprises.

We came upon Remy's on a recent unscheduled trip to Kings Road. It was lunchtime and we fancied something different. We liked the look of the venue and the menu, so decided to give it a try.

A warm welcome was supported by 2 excellent Filipino dishes (one beef and one chicken.). The food was delicious, not too hot, very very tender meat, washed down with a bottle of cold Filipino beer.

A wonderful lunch. We will be going back.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

A group of four of us came here for Sunday lunch simply because The Royal wasn't serving food that particular day. We had friends staying who were going back home by train; they had their bags with the so didn't want to walk far. I had passed this place many times but had never been in. It has a lovely Art Nouveau exterior and interior which I have always admired. The service is very friendly, the menu is good but being a Sunday we had been prepared to have Sunday Lunch and that is also offered on a Sunday too with choices of Beef, Lamb, Chicken, Pork, Nut Roast. I can genuinely say that this was the best Sunday Lunch I have ever had (other than my Mum's, of course, and I am nearly 60). How the roast potatoes were so fluffy and how each of the vegetables was cooked perfectly I will never know. Unusually for me, we had dessert as well and that too was divine. We arrived at just after midday on Sunday and got a table for 4 but it was soon very busy. It quietened down a lot by 2pm, so that might be the time to come if you want to be sure of getting a table. Apart from our group everyone else seemed to be a regular and were warmly welcomed, so this place is getting a good reputation. The Yorkshire Pudding and Roast Potatoes for the person having the Nut Roast were cooked in a separate oil to the others, they paid that much attention to detail, and his gravy was Vegan. I couldn't recommend this place higher.