“Poor service again .....”
Review of The Plough

The Plough
Ranked #7 of 67 Restaurants in Redhill
Price range: US$5 - US$34
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Plough is a traditional English pub, built in the 1600’s, situated within 50 yards of St Johns Church in St. Johns, Redhill in Surrey. The Plough retains many of its original features with its low ceilings, wooden beams and original flag stone floors, and Open log fires in the winter months. The Plough food menu includes The Blackboard Menu, Bar Menu and Summer menu (during the summer months). There is a large garden with a large wooden purpose built undercover area with heating and lighting and a separate Heated Smoking Hut. The Plough has regular events such as the Wednesday pub quiz, as well as hosting events for those special occasions We are a dog Friendly Pub and welcome all dogs with water and dog biscuits, ideal after your walking. The Plough is situated close to many beautiful walks including Earlswood Lakes and Redhill Common. Children over 10 years are welcome if eating with parents and all ages welcome outside. There is a heated undercover area for al fresco dining
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Poor service now on a number of visits ....

Bar man Jay smashed cold wine bottle bucket down in front of my friends - and was angry when asked for more glasses .... he needs a customer service course ....

Is a real shame as pub lovely character and food but service there lately has been sooo poor with few staff which is causing long waits at bar for drinks

Everyone today said the same while at bar with stressed staff

Plough1600, Owner at The Plough, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Firstly I would like to apologise for the poor customer service you received yesterday . We are trying to recruit more staff, but it proves very difficult at this time of year not only to recruit, but to recruit good staff.

It can very very hot and stressful working behind the bar in the current weather conditions, but this does not excuse poor service.
We hope to have our recruitment issues resolved soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Went there today for a l pub lunch after my wife said it was great,she ended up wishing she had not bothered
I had the ploughman’s lunch and what a let down, I got 3 little bits of cheese one pickled onion cut in half and about a table spoon full of salad which was mixed up in a dressing
My wife showed me a picture when we got home of the ploughman’s she had had before when she went with friends
From work and I could not believe. The difference
Whilst we were there a member of staff came to clear the table
And asked was all ok and I said ,not not what I thought it would be like ,he looked shocked, and said sorry but he had only just come on duty,
But no one came to see us ,so I assume he did not say anything to other staff members
£10.95 for that was a total rip off, and as we are local and thought we have found a good local it was a total let down
I know as an ex chef I’m critical but this was so bad and you don’t have to to be a chef to know when something is not right
Please look into this and I await your comments
Nice pub and garden shame about the food today

1  Thank Fuser2662
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

What a comforting little traditional English pub. They are always so accommodating and helpful if you can’t find a seat.
This place is perfect for after work drinks and has really good food. The beer garden is fantastic as well for a sunny day

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Love this place, bar staff are friendly, great choice of Gin, it has a real local feel in beautiful surroundings. Food it well priced and good quality. Beer garden is stunning and dog friendly.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

We had reserved our favourite table only to find it occupied.The man behind the bar said "it does'nt matter....sit somewhere else" Big attitude problem.
We later managed to get our table and soon realised it was cold with the main door of the pub wedged open.We did ask politely if the door could be closed.The answer was a very stern "No"....."people will think the pub is shut !! ". Unbelievable.
We did not stay for our meal.