“Laluna Guests for Life!”
Review of Laluna Hotel

Laluna Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Grand Anse
Reviewed 17 July 2017

After tucking away an article on Laluna for several years, my husband and I finally visited during August, 2013. The food, the staff, the cottages, the sights and sounds of the seemingly private ocean setting and incredibly clean beach...we were hooked! Every subsequent New England winter, we would tempt each other with emailed photos of our prior visit, until, at last, we were able to visit again this past April. We will not wait as long to return, and we have vowed to be Laluna Lifers! We, too, have never tried to recreate a travel adventure, but this place has a magic that is irresistible.

We chose to stay put during this trip. The relaxation that granted us actually made the trip pleasantly different in its own way. We kayaked and hunted for sea glass; we slept late and ate more delicious food than we should have. We were treated both like royalty and like old friends by the staff. Yoga with Faye was divine, and we enjoyed live music at the bar with a very mellow-but-happy happy hour crowd. Snorkeling to view sea life was easy and rewarding; watching the sunsets....ahhhh.....those sunsets.....

A few details to note...the mosquito net works great, if you happen to be there during a buggy spell. We visited during two different seasons, and we were never disturbed during the day, with only one or two outside the netting in the room at night. The room and closet are generous! Do not hesitate to ask the staff questions; they genuinely want your stay to be incredibly satisfying. Drying wet clothing is a snap, because the bathroom is open to flowing air. The robes are a good weight and come in really handy. I am fussy about using organic/natural body products. The shampoo and soaps provided fit the bill, so I will never pack mine again. My husband is never fussy, so he says, "You go, Girl."

What we will do differently next time? Return sooner! Book more days!! (first 3, then 5, maybe 7 next?) Take some money when we kayak to the next cove, so we can have a drink at one of the restaurants there. Skip the meal plan, so we can eat larger meals mid-day and lighter in the evenings on occasion, if we choose. (We will still eat too much, because the food is incredible!) Visit the spice market each trip - the prices are phenomenal, the spices are very fresh, and they make excellent gifts! Pack less and a smaller variety of dinner clothing. Take a second book to read. Try a different cocktail each night. Hire a fishing boat, so the chef can cook our catch? Log more hammock time. Download my photos the minute we return, because I lost my phone and all my pics within a week, but what a great excuse to return sooner than later, right?

Room Tip: No room is a bad room.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank BohemianWay
LalunaOwner, Owner at Laluna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear Laluna Lifers,
We are so thrilled you got the vibe about Laluna on your first visit and decided to come back again, with plans to return often.
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review on Laluna's trip advisor page. Love how you gave such good hints for future guests, of what to do while staying at Laluna and inspiring those who are hesitant to book.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the very near future.
ciao

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Great getaway for couples in love. My wife and I experienced the most incredible 6 days at Laluna, in Grenada. We will go back, no doubt. The beaches are the best in the world. Crystal clear and white beautiful sand. The staff Tracy, Dwight, Urban, Arvonel, the girl who recommend Bananas (outdoor club) and so many others were wonderful. They have food packages aval (breakfast/dinner) $90/day per. Well worth it. We used points for hotel (villa costs are modest to high depending on season). There is a grocery store 10 mins from hotel. Take a cab $30 and Buy all your snacks,drinks, alcohol, and anything else. Save money on these things (no stove /micro in room). The villas are incredible. We stayed in 14; an amazing view. Next time we want the beach cottage; only villa on beach. They have a bar/outside lounge area and Urban and Dwight can make you anything. During happy hour (everyday) 5pm-7pm it's 2 for 1. This was an incredible vacation and so many memories; we have been all over the world and this place is one of our best.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kenny D
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited Laluna for a week in the Fall and had an amazing experience. Great spot for couples to vacation!
We stayed in a private villa with a plunge pool. Very clean, well kept rooms.
The resort is very private and we definitely received top notch, personalized customer service. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable about the island (sharing insights about what to see and where to go if you'd like to venture out), and ensures guests have all they need during their stay. The food and drinks were great. Loved the Italian inspired menu offerings! Very different from what I've experienced at other resorts - in a good way!
The pool area and beach are very relaxing. We were there slightly off season so it was quiet - very few other guests which allowed us to have an even more personalized/private experience. Very clean beach - not many rocks. The resort also offers water recreation such as stand up paddle boarding. The water is so clear so it's a beautiful view floating above! :)
Definitely recommend Laluna! Overall, quiet, private, and perfect to unplug from the daily grind and relax.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mvd822
LalunaOwner, Owner at Laluna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us. We are so happy that you had such a wonderful fulfilled experience at Laluna. We look forward to having you stay with us in the very near future.
ciao

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Part of wanting to see everywhere in the world means that return visits are very unlikely, even when you love the location. As we left for the airport last year, the owner of La Luna said in his Italian accent "don't look so upset. You will be back." We smiled and my wife and I shared a glance. His words felt real. This year, when we were looking for a 4 day getaway, we did the unthinkable. For the first time in 20 years, we repeated a vacation. Not only did we repeat, but we went on the same calendar date, same room and I am happy to report that we had the same amazing time. Again, Cottage #8 allowed us to see some of the most amazing sunsets. This time, having none of the "I must visit.. anxiety, my wife and I simply stayed at the beach sipping Rum concoctions and enjoying the amazing Grenadian blue/green water. Everything about our second stay was just as great as the first. Urban the bartender still continues to impress as do all of the staff...kinda have a feeing that we will be back. (still feels weird to imagine that)

Room Tip: kayak around the bend to The Plywood Bar..2 years in a row. Get the Fish Tacos
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NJASH

Dear guest,
Welcome back. We are honored that you chose Laluna to repeat (never say never) your vacation destination. We are thrilled that your second stay with us was up to par with your first impressions at Laluna. We hope to keep it going and have you back again with us very soon. ciao

Reviewed 29 May 2017

This spot is beautiful. The rooms are large and the bed comfy. You can hear people next door since dome of the cabanas are attached. No biggie.

I loved the beach and the views.

The restaurant and bar was ok. Not the friendliest of service and often I was forgotten. I'm not sure if this is the vibe of this higher-end hotel, but a smile and a thank you for a tip goes a long way. I've stayed at many luxury resorts before. Just felt like the staff was standoff-ish.

I walked in smiling, and tipped every step of the way so I'm a bit baffled. It made me feel bad.

Nancy was the true star of the place.

The good was nice but Tiramisu was heavy on the marscapone. (Sorry I'm italian!)

Room Tip: If you have issues with steps request a room closer to beach.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank molinslaw1

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time for posting your review. I am sorry that you felt unattended. We do not consider ourselves a luxury hotel, but an extension of our home and therefore a laid back Caribbean vibe, but service is also important to us. I will bring up your sentiments to the management, so that we can continue to improve our guest services. We too are Italian, and we use nonna's Tiramisu recipe (so I will not show her your comment ;o)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Anse
2 km away
True Blue Bay Boutique Resort
27,5 km away
Petite Anse Beachfront Hotel & Restaurant Grenada
Petite Anse Beachfront Hotel & R...
#1 of 1 in Saint Patrick Parish
1,4 km away
Spice Island Beach Resort
Spice Island Beach Resort
#1 of 11 in Grand Anse
2,3 km away
Radisson Grenada Beach Resort

Been to Laluna Hotel? Share your experiences!