“A year later, same rooom; same amazing time”
Review of Laluna Hotel

Laluna Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Grand Anse
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Part of wanting to see everywhere in the world means that return visits are very unlikely, even when you love the location. As we left for the airport last year, the owner of La Luna said in his Italian accent "don't look so upset. You will be back." We smiled and my wife and I shared a glance. His words felt real. This year, when we were looking for a 4 day getaway, we did the unthinkable. For the first time in 20 years, we repeated a vacation. Not only did we repeat, but we went on the same calendar date, same room and I am happy to report that we had the same amazing time. Again, Cottage #8 allowed us to see some of the most amazing sunsets. This time, having none of the "I must visit.. anxiety, my wife and I simply stayed at the beach sipping Rum concoctions and enjoying the amazing Grenadian blue/green water. Everything about our second stay was just as great as the first. Urban the bartender still continues to impress as do all of the staff...kinda have a feeing that we will be back. (still feels weird to imagine that)

Room Tip: kayak around the bend to The Plywood Bar..2 years in a row. Get the Fish Tacos
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NJASH
LalunaOwner, Owner at Laluna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear guest,
Welcome back. We are honored that you chose Laluna to repeat (never say never) your vacation destination. We are thrilled that your second stay with us was up to par with your first impressions at Laluna. We hope to keep it going and have you back again with us very soon. ciao

Reviewed 29 May 2017

This spot is beautiful. The rooms are large and the bed comfy. You can hear people next door since dome of the cabanas are attached. No biggie.

I loved the beach and the views.

The restaurant and bar was ok. Not the friendliest of service and often I was forgotten. I'm not sure if this is the vibe of this higher-end hotel, but a smile and a thank you for a tip goes a long way. I've stayed at many luxury resorts before. Just felt like the staff was standoff-ish.

I walked in smiling, and tipped every step of the way so I'm a bit baffled. It made me feel bad.

Nancy was the true star of the place.

The good was nice but Tiramisu was heavy on the marscapone. (Sorry I'm italian!)

Room Tip: If you have issues with steps request a room closer to beach.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time for posting your review. I am sorry that you felt unattended. We do not consider ourselves a luxury hotel, but an extension of our home and therefore a laid back Caribbean vibe, but service is also important to us. I will bring up your sentiments to the management, so that we can continue to improve our guest services. We too are Italian, and we use nonna's Tiramisu recipe (so I will not show her your comment ;o)

Reviewed 14 May 2017

We have traveled extensively in the Caribbean for over 40 years, staying at small intimate upscale resorts. In our opinion, Laluna is one of the best - if not the best- resort that we have stayed. Staff are friendly and accommodating (Tracy, Akim, Urban and Lystra) to name a few but all went out of their way to assist us. We stated in Deluxe Cottage #7 and enjoyed the beautiful view/sunset each night from our plunge pool. Enjoyed afternoon naps on the day bed on the veranda. A special touch was the turndown service in our cottage while enjoying the wonderful meals at the restaurant each night.
We took advantage of the complimentary workout area and water sports. The beach was lovely and iced water with fresh ginger and snacks brought to guests enjoying the beach was an unexpected treat. ,
LaLuna staff arranged airport transportation for us as well as taxi service whenever we wanted(shopping in St George, church, island tours).
We were fortunate to meet Bernardo, the owner of the resort, during our 8 day stay at LaLuna. It was obvious that he is the reason this resort is so special. We have nothing but fond memories of our stay "in paradise"
My husband's only disappointment was that the gift shop at LaLuna did not have a white baseball cap with LaLuna for him to purchase......
Thanks to everyone at LaLuna for making our 40th wedding anniversary so special

Room Tip: Deluxe Cottages are fabulous. #7 had unobstructed views of the ocean and sunset.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jimvenable

Dear guest,
We are so thrilled that your chose Laluna for such an important celebration. We are so happy that you enjoyed every moment of your stay with us. Working on the white baseball caps, keeping for you when you come back for your next visit with us. ciao

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Lovely location although the hillside was very dry and not as green as depicted in the photos, not sure if there has been a drought. The staff are very helpful, pleasant and courteous. We stayed in cabin #3 it was quite private, at this resort you are able to relax and enjoy the beach, the scenery etc, very quite, secure and zen. I was a little bit concerned about the rooms as the pics do not do them justice, it was worth every penny, the amenities were of the highest quality. The only bother was mosquitoes, so if you are going arm yourself with Off or some other bug repellent. Love, love it I will be back for sure, glad I didn't stay at the other location that was recommend as we had more privacy and beach was secluded.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank donnawalters

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Grenada has two seasons, the dry season (when you came) and the wet season, which drizzles and goes away keeping everything lush.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future.
ciao

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Laluna has been on my boutique hotel wish list for years. Finally, a couple of weeks ago my boyfriend and I escaped to Grenada to enjoy 5 nights in a “Cottage Deluxe.” Above all, we anticipated the blue Caribbean panorama from the privacy of our porch, beautifully pictured in Laluna’s description of our room category. We couldn’t wait to enjoy morning coffee & tea in our bathrobes overlooking the ocean, and watch the sun set into the sea from our plunge pool, glass of wine in hand of course.

Frazzled from a long journey, we waited over an hour to get into our cottage though we arrived past the 3 pm check-in.

When finally shown to our room, my heart sank. Unlike the enticing description and Cottage Deluxe photos on LaLuna’s website, there wasn’t a sliver of ocean to be seen and the “garden” aspect was a deforested hillside. I’ve attached photos of our cottage’s view: back-of-house driveway area and tree stumps.

We requested to change to a room matching the Cottage Deluxe description we purchased, even just for the last couple of nights, but were told that was not possible. No other gesture (such as comping a massage which is typical in this sort of situation) was made to acknowledge our disappointment.

And dealing with cancelling an additional $500+ USD Laluna erroneous mystery credit card charge after our return home didn't add goodwill.

Laluna's public spaces and beach are indeed lovely, as others have commented and we enjoyed the island itself. (Lennox is a great guide.) However, we chose Laluna for the private view and ours was clearly not as described.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Scruffy_Suitcase

Dear guest,
We are sorry for your comment, but I will like to point out that our Deluxe Cottage are the only free standing units on the property and can have either a sea or garden view as described in our web site. When we receive booking for Cottage Deluxe we assign first the cottages with sea view and after these are occupied we assign the ones with a garden view.
We also inform our guests about this with an email, unless you book with a online travel agency or a tour operator where they are in contact with you for the booking details.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Anse
Spice Island Beach Resort
#1 of 11 in Grand Anse
2.3 km away
Radisson Grenada Beach Resort

Been to Laluna Hotel? Share your experiences!