“Outstanding dive operation”

Dive Grenada
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Grand Anse
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dive Grenada is an Award Winning PADI 5* and BSAC Diving Resort here in Grenada in the Caribbean. We are very proud to be recognized as a leading dive center here in Grenada located at the Mount Cinnamon hotel on Grand Anse Beach offering outstanding Scuba Diving, PADI Training and Snorkel excursions.
Reviewed 31 August 2017

I've dived all over the world and Phil and Helen's dive operation is one of the best I've ever experienced. My wife, two daughters (15 and 11) and myself have just come back from 15 days diving with Dive Grenada. Two of us did the Rescue Diver course while we there and on the other diving days the team put together a fantastic diving itinerary tailored to the experience, tastes and abilities of the 6 lucky divers on the boat.
Every diver will enjoy the spotting skills of Cojack and Shyheim: the best I've ever known for locating seahorses and octopi in spite of their best efforts at camouflage.
Dive Grenada make diving fun. We're going back at Xmas for our third visit. If you can go, do go...

1  Thank JPCxx
Fishyphil171, Owner at Dive Grenada, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Hi Jeff, we appreciate you taking time to review 'Dive Grenada', we are very pleased that you and the family had a great time again and we look forward to seeing you back at Christmas.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Just got back from Grenada and visited Dive Grenada. What a place? Had a magic time under the guidance of Divemaster and owner Phil Saye. I was there with my wife my son and daughter in law and gran-kids Alex (10) Isabella (6). Not only did I get an excellent refresher course (not dived for some years) saw the pyramids, yes pyramids and the underwater conservation project (financed by Dive Granada), but also the time and patience given to a very apprehensive 10 year old on his first dive experience was just amazing, his confidence now such that he wants to dive again!! Not bad for a first time.
Cannot recommend it enough, so if ever you are down that way, whether a diver or not, get down there and do it you won't regret it - you'll love it
Nigel and Glennis Le Page Wakefield W Yorks

Reviewed 30 July 2017

While staying at the Mt. Cinnamon Resort in mid July, my brother and I made two - 2 tank dives with Dive Grenada. We enjoyed the experience. Phil, Helen, his wife and their staff were very professional and friendly. They handled all of the equipment once we were fitted. On our second day of diving, all of the equipment was ready to go and set up on the boat. It was great having someone else manage the equipment. We've been on too many dive trips where we had to carry tanks to the boat and and set up the gear on the boat. We are getting to old to do the heavy lifting. The staff was also very safety conscious and the equipment was very well maintained. Between dives, we were offered water, juice and home made cookies and cakes baked by Helen. They were delicious! As for the actual diving, it was just ok on the first day and wonderful on the second day. Our first two dives were in cloudy, rainy weather, which greatly affected the visibility and the fish life pretty typical of Caribbean reefs.. The second day of diving was much better....the sun was shining,,,visibility much better,,,and larger fish life. One of the dives was in the marine park...the best dive of the trip. On that dive we saw 5 turtles, barracuda and a huge swimming green moray. One thing of note on the dives was the limited number of lion fish. Unfortunately the lion fish are taking over the Caribbean, but, it appeared as though they are just starting to make their appearance in the waters around Grenada. On our next trip to Grenada, we will definitely be diving with Dive Grenada.

1  Thank JoePop72
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I was on the island for two weeks, but a week of that was Sandals and I wanted something different. I booked with Helen through email, who was helpful and let me know when the Shakem was planned as I mentioned wrecks.

The boat is medium-sized for a dive boat, but quick enough to get to what are all close-by sites. Entry is backroll and exit an excellent ladder that slopes out to make exit very easy. Equipment all looked good quality, though I had my own.

All members of the team were thorough and professional as well as super friendly and I'd very happily dive with them again if I was in Grenada.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

These guys are fantastic. Everyone is very friendly, the set-up is super organised and the guiding is very good - safe but giving you enough space to explore too.

Everything is very well-run on the boat, the briefings are good and informative and they have some excellent dive sites nearby.

I booked in advance and made some specific requests for certain sites which they were able to fulfil (although of course that does depend on current and other factors).

Saw a seahorse, a nurse shark, some excellent wrecks, plenty of turtles and loads of cool fish. Reefs are in good condition too.

I'd definitely dive with these guys again.