“Lovely meal with good service”
Review of Le Provencal

Le Provencal
Ranked #7 of 20 Restaurants in Grand Anse
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Returning again after our last visit in 2017, we went to Le Provençal for dinner last night (22/3). For our mains we had Red Snapper and Chicken Breast in a cream sauce. Both meals were excellent and was served with beautiful cooked vegetables. The pudding of meringue with chocolate sauce was excellent. We will definitely return to this small quality restaurant. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I went here with friends for a special evening meal, unfortunately the waiter didn’t seem on the ball at all. He made a few mistakes with our order & eventually our bill. My friends were very disappointed with the service as they chose the restaurant that evening!

Reviewed 8 March 2018

My girlfriend and I were fortunate enough to live in Grenada for two years (from 2015-16 as SGU students) and dine at some of the best restaurants in the country together. This past week, we came back to Grenada and tried Le Provencal, a quaint French restaurant in Le Marquis Complex (next to Grand Anse Beach).

The food was exquisite. About one month prior, we dined at a French restaurant in Park Slope, Brooklyn, so the taste of French cuisine was fresh on our palates. Le Provencal was on par (maybe even better) and I’d go so far as to say that Le Provencal could thrive in New York City.

For an appetizer, we shared escargot in garlic butter. I ate a chicken cordon bleu with white wine sauce, carrots, cauliflower, and mashed potatoes for dinner. The chicken was breaded on the outside and every bite would greet me with savory ham and cheese. My girlfriend had a lobster thermidor with mashed potatoes and vegetables. For dessert, we ate meringues au chocolat. I took pictures of all the dishes, except the escargot because my girlfriend could not resist the inviting smell of garlic and butter (okay, that was me).

Whether for a romantic date or a mid-week meal for foodies, go here. Even if you came to Grenada via a cruise for one night, consider taking a taxi here. Just make sure you call in advance for a reservation, as all tables were filled.

Never in my life before have I asked to see the chef (it is not my style), but at Le Provencal, I did. Omar, the owner and head chef, has carved out a gem in Grenada.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Excellent food. Good fish and chicken dinners. We stopped in at this restaurant which is close to BBC beach and had an excellent meal. Small intimate dining

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We had a friendly smiling welcome by our server. Menus were bought to us quickly followed by a lovely glass of much needed cool water. We were there lunch time.
We waited long enough so you knew the food was being freshly prepared, but not too long for you to get fed up.
It was delicious, the first second and third mouthful was an Mmmmm moment. I had the chicken fillet in a cream and mushroom sauce with just a hint of garlic. Creamy mash and lovely vegetables. I will definitely go back, they do a fish and chips and shrimp pasta special at lunch time and they looked good too. Not terribly expensive for the quality of food. A very good find. The service was excellent.