“Really good value for money when you are the independent type”

Health Oasis Resort
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Mae Nam
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Its months ago I stayed at Health Oasis Resort for a 12 days total transformation detox program.
Over all: I would (will) come back.

This is my first detox retreat ever and when being an independent woman I really enjoy that nobody runs after me reminding me of my schedule. Its up to me.

Room: seafront room with air con perfect for me, with all I needed, lovely view, cleaned every day. Get used to wake up early for your morning shake which is the only one that is brought to you:)

Treatment: I choose a total transformation with focus on liver cleaning. My issue is my skin which easily breaks out with acne. Have to say that I simply loved all the different tinctures and sprays. I didn't at any point feel hungry although it is a faste treatment. My concern was if I would loose too much weight since I was slim enough, I did drop a few kilos, but worked them back on when home again. The treatment cleared my skin remarkably. Even more it cleared my thoughts and my ability to deal with challenges at work. This lasted for quite some time when back at home, but I fell into all the coffee drinking stress of work again. So still dealing with acne. However the stay have convinced me that the key to my healing really is returning detox, a home food program that stimulates good intestinal flora, liver cleaning and relaxation (meditation).

The health advisers are lovely and you basically just have to go to them and ask what ever. Then you can agree or disagree on their philosophies - they are sincere and inspirational. The staff was very nice. Some people felt concerned that there is no physician at the place. Well, I didn't expect that so wasn't concerned.

The massages are nice, could be even more through. The choice of food in the kitchen - when you get to eat again is interesting and nice, but could have an even more healthy profile. I got a bit tired of the different juices after living from them over a week. Will say that the greatest challenge of the stay is if visitors start nagging about what doesn't work or nagging about each other in stead of just being direct with the people involved. You have to expect that when people are on a faste it can create various emotional reactions.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Ida G
Health_Oasis, General Manager at Health Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear Ida,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and insightful review. We are happy that you feel motivated to return again. The program schedule and overall feel of Health Oasis Resort is designed to give people a choice and balance between solitude and self reflection and/or to socialise with fellow like minded guests and take part in group activities. We acknowledge that everyone is different so we make an effort to provide the space to suit their individual needs.

Your concern about losing excess weight is not uncommon, however what we have found is that a fasting detox will naturally facilitate the body shifting back into a state of balance. If you are of normal weight to begin with, you won’t lose too much, and even if you do lose a little, it will come back quite soon. Also remember the deeper and more profound benefits are to be found not not only in regards to ones physical weight, but also with the release of toxins from the body tissues and the intestinal tract. The side effect of this is what you began to experience, i.e. clearer skin, clearer mind, better ability to deal with stress and much more. Congratulations and well done! This is an important step on the path and you are well on the way.

Come back again soon for a top up detox and some more inspiration and education from our health managers and you are bound to be successful in sustaining and maintaining your health goals.

Kind regards and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

I must admit, you should be ready for any surprises when it comes to Thailand and sometimes the realty wont match your expectations. However, it was completely opposite in my case and if I would call Health Oasis a "Health Paradise" to be precise:)
Upon arrival you are greeted by the warm hearted staff, who is listening to your requests to provide the best arrangements for your ultimate detox experience.
Further on, you meet extremely smart and outgoing manager Andy, who is taking his time to answer all your troubling health/detox concerns and provides exclusive, well selected talks and documentaries regarding healthy eating habits daily.
Every morning you are awakened by the mild sound of the beach waves and you walk under the palm trees to the yoga shala, facing the beach front.
Moments like this are to remember a lifetime...
Apart from following the daily detox routine, you are also provided with massages of your choice, that totally takes you away somewhere in heaven!
To sum it up, you are not only painlessly loosing all the toxins/weight you've accumulated over years, you are enjoying this paradise and will never want to go back home!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

Dear Malena,

Thank you for your review. It definitely sounds like your experience was positive and transformational. We are happy that our resort met your expectations, that the detox process was effortless and you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Had one of the best holidays on record. 7 days at this place and you will leave a brand new person. These guys know what they're doing, it's a proper detox resort. Years of experience. Not 5 star, but it doesn't need to be. I met the most amazing people, all willing to share and help. Special shout out to Andy, who is the super star health manager. So giving and knowledgeable, he never stopped working. Talking to everyone, getting to know them, sharing his stories and advice. He's amassed a hoard of useful information which he readily shares. Can't say enough good things about him. Already planning the next visit, my husband will be going within the month. Life changing!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Nicole W

Dear Nicole,

It definitely sounds like you had a great detox holiday and thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience.

A detox at Health Oasis Resort can be a stepping stone to making permanent positive changes to ones diet and lifestyle. With this in mind we make an effort to provide a space for education and learning so that our guests can take with them a few tools and ideas to integrate back home. Our health managers are indeed superstars and we are very lucky to have them. Thanks so much for the positive feedback.

We look forward to welcome you and your husband to Health Oasis Resort soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Having been in and out of hospital, trying medications,doing different diets,quitting my job,moving house, trying a range of treatments as well as a complete change of lifestyle and doing what we know to believe is right, I was still struggling to maintain my health.
Luckily I came across the detox program provided by Health Oasis.
Honestly, I was completely dreading some of the aspects of the program, this was my first detox after-all. However with the help of Andy and Luca (the knowledgeable health management guru's) the supplements provided, Ozone therapy, (Ni you are wonderful) Yoga, Sound & Light therapy (Dimitri you are phenomenal) the masseuse's (you are all incredible) the cooking classes (Kitchen staff are amazing) I could honestly go on.
This place is about the people you encounter here with a like mind as you continue on your life journey. I have never been so comfortable talking about bodily functions with strangers (colonics). The experience has been marvelous and a worthwhile revelation. If you are ready for a change and want to improve your health I recommend trying this program.

Room Tip: Mention age, ability, and health to ensure appropriate rooms
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank jaconholiday2017

Dear Guest,

Your review was very heart warming, thank you for sharing your experience. Life can sometimes be a struggle and it is times like this when we could all use a bit of help to get back on track. We are so very happy that you made it to Health Oasis Resort and that we as a team were able to offer the assistance we could. For us this is the most satisfying part of the job.

Thanks again and please come back again soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Basically the overall experience was good, interesting and provides results. For those debating, here is an honest review

1. Detox/Weight-loss- The program works, you will detox and lose weight for sure. Supplements seem good, the colonics bring out a lot of stuff out of you. You would think you would be starving and unable to do the program but it really isn't bad and quite easy. The fact that everyone around you is there doing the same things is a good support system.

2. Services- Everything is a la cart, which sucks. Some procedures are a bit of money. We wished everything was included like other programs. I do have to say the service providers in general were well educated and very knowledgeable in their areas of service. Yoga, ozone, massages, movies, and talks were included and were great.

Facilities- The location is amazing, great views and ocean front. Lots of beach to walk and swim in.
The facilities/rooms were all pretty bad. They are not luxurious, actually older and not very luxurious. However, as long as you understand the resort is there as a detox center and not so much as a vacation resort. The steam room needs to be redone, it is moldy and filthy. The rooms are very simple, clean but very early 90s. The bathrooms are small and badly designed to do colonics in. Overall location great, resort needs a face lift.

Staff- service providers in the staff are knowledgeable and helpful, but some seem to be constantly trying to pawn off their services on you, feeling like used car sales people at times. With the model the resort uses, the benefit is that you aren't paying for services you don't use. Still I'd rather just hear the staff at the introductory meeting present what they do and leave it at that. We worked with Andy during our stay and he is great. Very knowledgeable and passionate about the subject matter which was great to see. He was the guru for our group which was great. The operational staff is fairly disorganized by any measure and a bit immature at times. The staff really needs a director/leader on site that is a go to person. I'd like to call out the yoga instructor, masseuse, and Nee as they were all great.

Value- The value as a detox program is there, no doubt you will feel better. The value is not as a vacation resort. Services are not included and at times the resort feels like they are nickel and dining you. Why does the resort charge you 200 baht to call you a taxi to the airport? Aliso with food, it should be free on the last day to have a meal, not just 7 pieces of Papaya, especially when you consider it 1K for 5 days.

I did critique the resort, but I have been honest calling out the good and the bad. If you are looking to detox I would recommend this resort

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank cyrusa650

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and especially your constructive criticism. We are 100% dedicated to improving our services and it is reviews like yours which help us to do just this. So thank you!

We are happy that your overall experience was positive and that the detox worked well for you. Also that you would recommend us for the detox program. This is indeed our speciality.

The detox programs offered at Health Oasis Resort are 100% complete, comprehensive and all-inclusive in their offering. There is nothing more to pay once you arrive. In terms of certain health services being a-la-carte, it is true we intentionally offer it this way because we feel it unfair to include it as a part of the all the programs and therefore factor it into the cost of which all guests would have to pay (regardless whether they want/use it or not). In our experience we have found the majority of guests come for the detox program alone. The only purpose of us offering therapy sessions with our freelancers is to complement the detox which some guests desire. And remember these sessions are always optional.

We have a range of accommodation to suit the various needs of our guests as clearly shown on our website. This includes rustic bungalows, 2 and 3 bedroom beachfront houses and also our recently built modern resort style AC superior rooms.

Yes it is true in regards to the steam room due to constant humidity and steam the ceiling did develop some signs of discolouration. Since then we have removed the paint on the ceiling and instead fixed new tiles and also re-grouted the entire steam room.

Thank you for the feedback regarding the staff. We have re-assigned the duties of our previous managers and we have hired additional managers which we are sure will build a more solid and smooth operational process for all our guests.

We have recently revised our post detox menu to now include lunch free of charge along with a kombucha drink, sauerkraut, prebiotics and probiotics.

Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to be able to welcome you back to Health Oasis Resort again for another detox.

Warm regards

Code
Code
#1 of 30 in Mae Nam
1 121 reviews

Been to Health Oasis Resort? Share your experiences!