The Hammock Samui Beach Resort(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$49
Kirikayan Luxury Pool Villas & Spa(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$107
Paradise Beach Resort(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$167
Code(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$150
Trip.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

Florist Resort(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$40
Ampha Place Hotel(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$50
US$30
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$38/night.

Coco Palm Beach Resort(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$69
Priceline
Escape Beach Resort(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$58
Trip.com
US$222
US$200
Santiburi Koh Samui(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$1 091
US$614
All reviewssunset suitepool villaorganic gardenscoopon dealthe main roadkoh samuiswim up barfisherman's villagejacuzzi on the balconygolf buggyour honeymoonfree kayakslarge bathtubprivate dinnerchaweng beachfree shuttle to chawengprivate beach
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel with stunning views but it is let down by the staff.

We arrived to check and were greeted by a trainee who asked me to sign something with an amount of money written on it but couldn’t tell me what she was asking me to sign. I asked what it was for and she just smiled and pointed. We then had to wait over half an hour for our luggage to be brought to our room as no one was available to drive the golf buggy- our room was up a very steep hill otherwise we would have just taken it ourselves. Not a great start to our holiday after a 16 hour trip.

The rooms itself is very dated, very dark and the bathroom is falling apart. There is not enough storage in the room- no drawers, just a wardrobe with 7 hangers for a 2 week stay!

If you want two room keys you have to pay a 300THB deposit, which we did. However at check out, the receptionist took both keys and then refused to give us our deposit back because we didn’t have a receipt. We hadn’t been given a receipt, but the only way to possibly have 2 keys is to pay the deposit- as i found out from our friends who were also staying here, therefore she would know we must have paid the deposit. This was an argument we had to have whilst our taxi was waiting to take us to the airport.

The food was lovely but the restaurant staff were so slow.

There’s not enough sunbeds by the pool, even though there is plenty of space for more to be added. If you get to the pool after 08:30 you’re not getting a sunbed!

Overall it was not the service you expect from a 4 star hotel and it was not worth the money we paid. We had a lot of conversations with other guests around the pool who had stayed before who said the standards have slipped and this hotel has really lost its way.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rereliz
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Staff incompetent and useless and incapable of speaking English (especially at the reception!!), rooms pretty but dirty, dinner ok but totally overpriced, breakfast fantastic, basically no beach and littered, pool area and bar nice, WiFi bad, garden fantastic. Didn’t try out the spa. Wasted enough money here anyway.
Cannot recommend it. You get waaaaaaay better hotels for that price. I was happy to leave again and I’m definitely not coming back!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Katrin R
Reviewed 29 April 2018

We purchased a 5 night stay in a pool villa through Scoopon.
I emailed the hotel sales and reservations, including my deal number to organise our pick up from the airport.
I was told this would cost 600 baht to the hotel driver on arrival.
I paid the driver in front of the 2 disinterested, disorganised and unwelcoming staff.
After a long flight the French receptionist pointed out that we were due to pay a room surcharge for the holiday period
"You Pay NOW!"
Yes, we were expecting to pay this when settling our final bill, no problem.
Although we were the only people in reception, it took more than half an hour for us to be shown to our room after 8.45pm.
Driver quickly disappeared
Having double checked our voucher, we then realise the cost of transport is included.
The French woman who showed us to our room, and had to lift our bags on to the golf buggy swore at us or the suitcases, we weren't sure but i guess she assumed we don't understand French. But we're au fait with that.
Contacting managers / sales / desk staff about a refund or deduction for hotel transport fee was futile.
Even though Sales manager admitted in email the mistake the desk staff & managers denied and evaded the refund.
On our final day they told us "they had lost the red book" had no record of our pick up, and had lost the email from reservations, also then trying to say it wasn't their driver in their Fairhouse Villas minibus.
The room was very clean with a wonderful king size bed & air conditioning.
Outside; beach / pool environment and breakfast all very nice.
The housekeeping, garden and restaurant staff were lovely.
We also enjoyed the daily massages included in our voucher, the girls were happy to fit us in any time.
Our private spa seemed to have some sort of power glitch, so we asked for help to get it started twice.
Two spas in five days.
I agree with another reviewer that the dinner menu for voucher users was very limited, totally inferior to the regular menu & contained virtually no meat mentioned ,and way too spicy. We both love Thai food, but I struggled to eat this watery over-spiced stew.
We took the shuttle bus into town, stuffed with other guests who thought is was OK to break wind in a closed minibus containing 13 people,
We asked the shuttle driver to pick us up in the evening, waited an hour for him and landed up taking a local taxi home.
I'd put that one down to 'lost in translation', or at least we didn't understand the 3 excuses for his absence.
The town is far away from the hotel, and the shuttle bus only runs 3 times a day.
We made the most of our stay and enjoyed the beautiful beach and pool.
On our last day we decided to sort out the bill & refund after breakfast.
Desk staff refused to give my husband a print out of our bill, and every member of staff seemed to have experienced amnesia about our refund.
There were 7 desk staff hiding behind each other. It was practically a pantomime but profoundly pointless
" I can still see you ! "
They also marched the managers down to our Villa, without any bill to argue our issues with the quality of their service.
Worse still they sent staff down to our Villa at 11.10 am when we had late check out, including two girls who walked up and down watching us from outside the fence, no private spa time for us.
I experienced a huge sense of relief leaving this toxic hotel, and thankfully moving to a very friendly place in Lamai.
We were given transport to Lamai, as we would not be using the airport return from the Villas, we did appreciate this.
I am still waiting for a resolution, or a reply from the sales and reservations manager of Fairhouse Villas exactly 1 month later.
We appreciate that Scoopon Australia refunded us for the Villa's overcharge. It is an expensive place ( an extra $100 p.n. for high season) . It is a beautiful well maintained property in a remote location - the main street is 1+ km away with only a few shops.
The complimentary confusion, frustration and the faffing around is not the kind of holiday fun to die laughing for.
We wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: book somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marianne S
Reviewed 26 April 2018

I spent a nice week in this beautiful place. The breakfast was very nice! I ate one time in the restaurant, I really appreciated my food but I think that it was a little bit expensive.We had the sunset suite in the mountain and the view is just amazing !
And to summarize, the staff was perfect, very kind, in the restaurant but also in front office ! Thank you to the french girl, she was helpful and so adorable.
I hope to come back soon

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Stayed at the sunset suite for 3 nights and booked through expedia.ca.
Check in went smoothly and checked in around 2pm. Our room was up in the 200 section which their cart was not working so we went up quite a bit of stairs to get up to our room. ( I do not suggest for people who have issues with stairs/ambulating )

However, the view from our balcony was amazing. We watched the sunset from our balcony in our tub and it was quite romantic. The room was nice and clean. Washroom was also clean. Airconditioning worked well.

The breakfast had a good selection of food; had eggs/waffles specially made which was also a bonus.

The pool was also nice, the only thing I would suggest would be to add more chairs along the beach side as they were always taken very early in the morning.

The gym definitely needed an upgrade as there wasnt a lot of equipment - but used the stairs as a workout - stairmaster.

We also rented a scooter which they offered for 300baht/day, which was very convenient since the main road was approx 7mins from the resort. It was approx 100baht to fill as well and was good for the 2 days we used around the island.

Overall 4/5 star for this place. Staff were polite and pleasant. Would reccomend this resort

Room Tip: sunset suite !
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple