All reviews rooms are small short stay comfy bed wi fi bungalow sea thailand drainage island beanbags concrete baht paradise
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I had finished a week of detox, and wanted a place for a couple of days to transition. The resort is small, which is fine. I had a some small issues which wouldn’t be a big deal, if the personnel was more attentive. The young lady left in charge, tried hard, but the truth is she doesn’t really have any authority to make it right. Overall the location was fine, I had a beach front room, the air conditioner worked properly, bed was a little hard (fine for me), pillows too high and hard. WiFi not reliable.I’d go into details, however I had to sign a waiver.... negotiated a late check out for the little issues I encountered.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I have to say after reading the rave reviews of this place my husband and I thought it would be a lovely little beach getaway, but oh how wrong we were.
Let’s start by location, hidden down an alley where they are doing construction most of the day next door. It is beachfront and that is about the only bonus.
The first room they took us to had muddy foot prints all over the floor, when we pointed this out the staff tried to say it was us. We assured them that was not to case and they gave us another room. This room had water stains on the ceiling and mold in the shower. The beds were like sleeping on cement, even for Thailand these beds were hard. Also one of the light switches was broken however they did fix it by the time we returned from dinner.
The wifi worked for a few hours then stopped working. When brought up to the staff they said they’d fix it and ten minutes later still no wifi. Again I asked if it would be fixed and they just said “yeah yeah” and it never did work.
The morning breakfast was poor.
When we asked for them to call a meter taxi to go to another hotel 2km down the road the receptionist had a terrible attitude towards us, like it was a burden assisting us with anything. She reluctantly said she could get us a taxi for 500 baht. We said forget it and walked down the road where we found a Taxi for 300 baht.
All in all I would never come back to this hotel again and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank Mackenzie C
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

stayed here for 8 days highlights the beach picture card perfect sea warm. Breakfast ok adequate. Downside rude receptionist and a guy bebind the bar. Highlight was a cake was made for my birthday and a girl sang happy birthday to me made my day. Overall enjoyable holiday.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Why has no one mentioned there is a construction site right next door?
From 9am to 5pm every day the sound of eletric hammer beats away at the concrete. It's loud and im surprised no one on trip advisor has mentioned it. It's impossible to ignore.
If I had not pre paid I would have not stayed here. The noise is that bad.
You see it on everyone's face when they check in. Oh god why.

The hotel and staff are great tho.

Breakfast is better than most places.
The bed is comfortable.

The tv has no English channels.
Only 2 Russian and German news channels that have English language.
The price is very good. And it's right on the beach.
The cleaners are annoying
they push you to leave the room from 11:15 when in fact the check out time is 12:00.

I should mention that the construction noise is a tempory problem. So maybe by the time you read this the construction will be complete and there will be no noise,
But at the time of writing its a hellish noise to wake up to

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Frisbeeandpoi
Thehammock, Guest Relations Manager at The Hammock Samui Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Thank you very much for review and recommend for mentioned a construction next door.
and so sorry about Loud of construction we will mentioned to construction company.
we look forward to welcoming you back here again.

Best Regards,
Anuphong Juanroong
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I absolutely loved this place. Out of all the hotels that I went to throughout Thailand, this one still sticks out in my head. The small outdoor pool leads straight to the sandy beach, there's a big, open patio/porch to eat breakfast near the bar as you overlook the ocean. The food was solid across all meals. They have incredible daiquiri drinks that are served to you at your beach chair. What more could you ask for? The rooms are quaint, modern and clean and the bungalow style layout was really cool. The staff was also helpful and very nice. I look forward to visiting The Hammock again!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cookcamera

Thank you for taking the time to your comments about your experience at the Resort
it is always nice for the team to hear.
Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again!
Have a good time from The hammock team.

Kind regards