“A tucked away little paradise ”

Mimosa Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Mae Nam
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

My stay here was wonderful.

This hotel was hidden from the main road and right next to the beach. As our taxi approached the hotel, all we could see were palm trees and greenery. I had a good feeling even before arriving at the hotel entrance...Once we arrived, I was even more impressed with the kindness of the staff, the relaxing environment and the room where we were staying. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Our balcony faced the hotel courtyard and at night was illuminated by fairy lights which were so pretty to look at. The beach area was secluded, few people and not noisy at all. The water was clear, calm but with a lot of coral so I couldn't really swim properly but that didn't bother me at all. The pool was nice and faced the sea which was relaxing. Free kayaking and snorkeling gear was made available to us and the restaurant and beach staff were very attentive and friendly. I would advise getting up early if you want a sun lounger as there weren't many available and would result in us having to lay on a towel on the sand (again which I didn't mind). Further along the beach was a little massage place right next to a bar called "little paradise". Good prices for a massage whilst listening to the waves followed by coconut water or beer at the bar . The hotel breakfast buffet was sufficient and a wide range of food was made available to us. I found the dinner menu a little pricey so mainly ate outside the hotel in the evening also because we wanted to explore anyway. We hired a scooter from the hotel daily for about 300 baht as the hotel was a bit far out from the main tourist spots like Fisherman's village and Chaweng beach.

My review could go on forever but I'll finish it by simply saying that my stay was fantastic, relaxing and everything I could have wanted in Koh Samui. Would definitely return!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank g14da86

Reviewed 3 September 2017

The location was near the Fisherman Village, a nice place to have dinner. The Hotel is on the beach where you can see really nice sunsets.
The staff was amazing and really helpful. Great place to have massage and cheaper than other places.
Moreover there could be a little more assortment in the breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Been here in this resort for more than 2 weeks with my family and from the first day my wife didn't like it since it doesn't look like a 4 star hotel which I've had before, my wife and daughter had experience and non ventilated rooms and so smelly couldn't breath inside. We don't have any choice but to stay. They offered us an upgrade but asking us pay more a lot. Ridiculous !

The only good side was the staff were really nice and friendly. We rented car as taxi is expensive, roads were a bumpy due to lot of holes but said it was private but still a problem when going out and coming back since we spent a lot of time outside. Breakfast was okay but repetitive need to have other options would be a good alternative.

Over all, i will not bring my family in this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We met up with family at Mimosa and had a fabulous week together there. The staff was amazing, friendly and could not do enough to help. The location of the hotel, makes for a perfect get-away, well away from the hustle and bustle of the busy tourist stretches, yet with nice little places up the road or along the beach to eat and soak up a super massage (or two). The small pool is perfect for a quick dip to cool down and the beach has some good swimming spots near by.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Anna S
Reviewed 26 July 2017

For our 2nd time in Samui we decided to book this hotel via Agoda.com and we couldn't have made a better decision! We rented a car and got to the hotel following the signs so it wasn't hard to get there! It took us 10 minutes from the Mae Nam lomprayah pier and the location is excellent, even though it's pretty near the party area of the island it's still a nice place to relax and you feel in your own bubble
The rooms are set in an amazing enviroment really maldivian style as the hotel promotes
It really feels as a boutique resort as it's really calm and peaceful and you easily forget you are on such a big and touristy island
The staff is also what made everything that much better, they were always there for us and smiling the whole stay! The breakfast was really good even though some aspects could be improved such as the sweet dishes! We really appreciated the fact that you could rent kayaks for free together with snorkelling equiments.
The hotel is just on the beach, one of the best in Samui, really quiet , amazing sand and clean water
If I'm going back to Samui, this will be the place I'm gonna stay at. Thank you Mimosa staff, you made my stay and my vacation a memorable one!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
#2 of 30 in Mae Nam
1 092 reviews
4.5 km away
SENSIMAR Koh Samui Resort and Spa

Been to Mimosa Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!