“Paradise!”
Review of W Koh Samui

W Koh Samui
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Mae Nam
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Just spent 4 nights at W Retreat Koh Samui and we found the hotel wonderful. Top notch room and breathtaking beach. My 2 year old was very happy to find toys to play with on the beach and unlimited ice-cream at the Sweet Spots scattered around the retreat. We really enjoyed the fitness classes offered throughout the day and the yummy breakfast. Fantastic smiley service from all staff. Hoping to be back soon!

Room Tip: Electric buggies will drive you around the resort so distance to the main restaurant or the beach do...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank onlythetruth_19
WKohSamuiGM, General Manager at W Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Hello onlythetruth_19,

Thank you for sharing your amazing feedback of your escape at the W! I trust that we will soon turn your 2 year old into anther raving fan of W. Thank you for mentioning the Sweet Spot, that with the complimentary fitness classes are a few of the hidden gems at W. The talent ( W lingo for Staff) and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to W Koh Samui.

Daniel

Write a ReviewReviews (1 152)

136 - 140 of 1 152 reviews

Reviewed 8 June 2017

I spent 7 nights at the W Koh Samaui in February, on the back of three weeks at a fitness retreat. My goal was to continue the fitness regime but with a bit of luxury. I cannot praise all of the talent at the W for making my stay both comfortable and enjoyable, whilst helping me maintain my goals. The executive chef met me upon arrival and took me through the special paleo menu that he had prepared, adhering to my strict no-carb, no-sugar dietary requirements and all of the staff had been informed of my needs - sadly, this included the bar staff and on the few times that I really craved a break, they would insist that I continue the good work, providing me a non-alcoholic, zero sugar cocktail instead.

Their fitness centre and activities were exceptional and as the resort was occupied mainly by honeymooners and couples, I did not encounter another guest making each session a private one-on-one with the trainers / instructors.

The WOW Jungle room was on the hill and provided private sea views from the pool and bathroom. The sound system was one of the best I have encountered in a hotel / resort and given the location of the room, I was able to turn it all the way up without disturbing the other guests.

The beach BBQ was well worth the experience and I highly recommend it.

There is also a free shuttle bus that will take you into Chaweng and back, however they were more than happy to drop me at the main road along the way and even take me further than Chaweng after dropping the other guests off.

I will definitely stay there again and will go with my partner next time - the whole set up at the W Koh Samui can make for a very secluded and private experience.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank JPMChia
WKohSamuiGM, General Manager at W Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Hello JPMChia,

Thanks for sharing your experience at W Koh Samui. I am thrilled to hear our Executive Chef and cuisine team were able to keep you paleo throughout your stay – even at SIP and WOOBAR – even with a little arm twisting. Your kind words concerning our FIT center and FIT trainers is great to hear, we all appreciate your recognition! Bring your partner when you’re able to come back, our WOW Jungle room, rocking sound system, and beach BBQ will be here when you’re ready for another round. Visit anytime.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

My husband and I recently enjoyed 5 days at W Retreat Koh Samui. We loved everything about the resort - the ambience, design, privacy of villas, bed was super comfortable, amenities were everything you could wish for, staff very attentive and friendly. We took advantage of the Sip bar at the beach, dined at the Japanese Namu restaurant, many meals at the Kitchen Table, massage at Away Spa and loved our private lap pool, which was very suitable for "skinny dipping"! I had a Thai cooking lesson 1 on 1 and then we ate the yummy result! Only criticism from us was the music in the Woo Bar being too loud for our liking (we were definitely older than anyone else there). The buggy resource was fantastic and it was very efficient and we didn't ever have to wait. The buggies were necessary as the access to the rooms is hilly and there is a lot of space between units. The drivers were always happy.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank annemoore49

Hello Annemoore49,

I am thrilled you and your husband had a happy holiday with us at W Koh Samui. Thanks for sharing your experience online!
Great to read that you spent time in many different venues, dinner at Namu is high on our must-do list as well as visiting the Away Spa and hanging out in your private retreat and pool. Hope you are continuing to perfect your Thai cooking back at home. Thank you for your feedback about our happy buggy drivers and the volume of the music at WOOBAR, our Music Curator has taken note. If you’re craving another cooking lesson or a few afternoons at SIP bar please do visit us again. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

For the record, I am a SPG platinum member. I have stayed at maybe 6 Ws and this one is outstanding. The entrance / lobby / lobby bar is stunning and breath taking as you have probably seen the pics already. They offer a free drink at 6pm every night which is a nice touch. We were in a tropical room and the design was one of the best I have seen. Big and roomy with floor to ceiling windows and a plunge pool. The beach doesn't feel great to walk on but they do have comfortable beds and good service down there. The first Sat. of every month they have a pool party which was fun for a couple of hours. Overall amazing service and attention when booking tours, restaurants, etc. For English speaking guests the concierge Zita and Tony were helpful although Tony was hard to understand at times. Lastly, some reviews complain about the location being far from town. We didn't think this was a problem at all. In fact, I am glad we didn't stay in Bophut or Chaweng as the scene wasn't for us but was nice to visit for a couple of hours. Hotel offers free shuttle service to these places.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
WKohSamuiGM, General Manager at W Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Hello Angenyc21,

Thanks for sharing your experience and taking the time to review W Koh Samui. I am thrilled you enjoyed your tropical room, our stunning entrance, the 6pm sunset drink, and our free shuttle service. Zita and Tony appreciate the online mention, they work hard and your recognition of their effort is fantastic, thank you! If your travels bring you to our neighborhood again we hope to welcome you back. Love to see SPG membership and that you’re visiting W’s all over the world.

Visit anytime.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Each W is a landmark but this one in Koh Samui is another experience. Its huge, clean calm, vibrant and quirky. The staff is prompt and a step ahead of the curve. Must mention the Front Office Manager Alex, great asset to the team.
The views are spectacular, Plunge pool from the bath is great and a relaxing, serene feature. Good food and interesting cocktails. Loved the Barrel Room too.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
WKohSamuiGM, General Manager at W Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Hello Mikshar,

Thank you for your raving endorsement of W Koh Samui. I am thrilled that the talent( W lingo for staff) had such an impact on you, I will make sure that I give Alex another pat on the back for looking after you so well. The Barrel Room is our little hidden secret - hope to see you back soon again and we will ensure that we have some new cocktails for you to try.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mae Nam
6,1 km away
Six Senses Samui
Six Senses Samui
#36 of 185 in Bophut

Been to W Koh Samui? Share your experiences!