All reviews fresh towels bus card bbc world news quiet area quiet holiday transport links unlimited travel the air conditioning cleaned daily view from the balcony island joseph
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed at this hotel for a week. We looked on trip advisor after we booked to stay here and we were quite worried what to expect as the reviews were negative however when we got there i honestly could not fault it. The staff were amazing and so helpful! I was so hurt and shocked by the way some of the staff were spoken to by others staying at the hotel. One lady on the desk must have had such a bad day after one lady shouted in her face for something which was out of her control and definitely not her fault! A lot of the time it was members of the public staying there that were being fussy about minor things and making the staff feel rubbish about themselves. In my opinion, nobody deserves to be treated the way they were treated when we were there. We got clean towels and bedding everyday, they helped us plan our route all around Malta so we crammed as much in as we could whilst we were there, the pool was clean and quiet, the staff greeted us every time we walked into the hotel. I do not understand why most people complain about their experience here. The rooms were basic and had a built in en suite ( we didn’t need fancy rooms because we were out through the day and we only used the room for sleeping). The air conditioning was fantastic and so refreshing when we walked into the room after a day at the beach! Fantastic location with brilliant public transport around the hotel and the area had a variety of restaurants to choose from. We will definitely be returning.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2018

We just go back from our holiday in Malta at the Ambassador hotel. After reading the reviews on here about the hotel I was really worried about what we would find when we got there. However, as soon as we walked into the room all my fears went away. The room was lovely. It was clean and tidy and the view from the balcony was amazing. The bedding was clean and the bed very comfortable. The air conditioning was great and definitely needed!! The staff were great. Nothing was too much trouble and they were available 24/7. We booked bed and breakfast but never actually went for breakfast so can't comment on the restaurant. We only used to pool once as We swam in the sea just down from the hotel. The pool was very clean and there were plenty of sunbed to use. Bedding and towels were changed daily and the room cleaned. Xemxija is a lovely area . Quiet which is what we wanted as wanted to have a totally relaxed holiday. The bus service was great. Bus stops were a few minutes walk from the hotel. We bought a weekly bus card for 21 euros which gave us unlimited travel for the whole week. You can get anywhere on he buses.there are a few restaurants within 5 to 0 minutes walk from the hotel. Also a couple of convenience stores to buy water and any food etc that you may need. It was my partners first time abroad and he absolutely loved it! We have just been to the travel agents and booked the same hotel for next year and can't wait to go back!!

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Went here for a few nights can not complain about the room was very clean and tidy. The staff were lovely air con was amazing, pool was lovely! You do have to pay for Wi-Fi and it isn't cheap but we managed without it. Only issue we had is that we had to catch a bus to do the things we wanted to do i.e.
Sight seeing
Snorkling
Food places
But all in all would definitely go back there in the future it is a lovely hotel. Friendly staff it is always clean I do understand about the lift it does break now and then I wouldn't use it I use the stairs. Had an amazing balcony had a lot of room for 4 people.
Would rekoment this hotel to couples/family's.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is situated near Saint Paul’s Bay, Malta.
If you have limited mobility please note that a car is strongly recommended and access within the hotel is not easy, wheelchair users may wish to consider somewhere else as paths and especially the road outside is badly potholed and uneven. There is a sloped ramp which you can use to get in the hotel lobby which has free WiFi. WiFi in the rest of the hotel is charged for. There is a small lift that would be difficult to use if you were a wheelchair user.
The nearest bus stop is a walk up an increasing incline of about 600m. Bus tickets can be had for €20 per week giving unlimited travel.
In the opposite direction up a much steeper incline is one of the islands Chinese Restaurants, Shaukiwan, good food and if you use the online discount scheme on deals dot Malta dot com at 50% off, good value. You buy a discount code for one Euro online and get a huge discount at various attractions and eateries.
The rooms are compact but reasonably well appointed with wardrobe draws and a table and mirror. The separate single beds whilst having newish mattresses had no mattress protectors or pillow protectors. They only provide a kettle upon payment €1.50 per day and there is also a charge for a fridge and safe. There is a foreign language TV and air conditioning both of which are free of charge and can be left on while you are out. The fittings in the shower/toilet rooms are ‘tired’ and could do with repair or refurbishment. Water pressure in the shower over bath (as can be the case across the island) is not high, but is useable. The balcony door leads to a smallish balcony with two plastic sturdy chairs and a table.
There is a suitable guard and warning signs a lot of the rooms have a pretty good view of the Bay.
Cleaning is indifferent, despite being woken some mornings by the cleaner clattering about and asking to. The me in and clean, the floor was ‘bitty’ and not properly cleaned. It seemed the same bucket of water did most of the landing, we watched lol. Towels and beds were done most days.
The salt water pool and restaurant is operated by a separate person and services are quite unpredictable. In the 2 weeks end of August beginning of September we were there the poolside ice cream sales and bar was never opened.
There are changing rooms and a toilet by the pool. The owner allows non residents to use the pool and they can get a little rowdy at times. The pool is about 1.4m deep and has no shallow area for kids. It has a ladder and stepped access.
We mentioned some of these to the manager (not the owner) and he felt that reviews left on Trip Advisor were of no consequence and his only interest was a questionnaire he handed out when guests were leaving, unfortunate really.
You have to vacate by 11am and extensions will cost €35 if your flight is later in the day.

I have to add that I have stayed many times on the island and have family and friends there.
I have stayed at a good half dozen different hotels and the standards in this hotel are much better than some and no worse than others, it’s isolation could be a problem if you have mobility issues, but if you do not, then I would have no problem recommending it, Joseph the manager is a gem and very chatty and helpful, as were all the staff we encountered.

If you have any questions about this or the island in general mssg me and I’ll try and help.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Visited here in June and I am going back tomorrow. The staff were outstanding especially the couple who run the bar. Cleanliness was 100%.They were so helpful and kind to me, nothing was too much trouble. Many a happy day relaxing and chatting to them.

Date of stay: June 2018