“Truly a home from home- Superb.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Grey House Silloth, The Annexe is at the rear
From the sitting room window towards the woods
Entrance to the Annexe
Grey House Location, Annexe is visible to the rear of the house
The Green in Front of Grey House
Silloth in Winter
Sunset over Silloth
A Winters day in Allonby
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Sharon I
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Truly a home from home- Superb.”
Reviewed 2 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

How do I start ... Firstly, I visited with my 2 son's who were taking part in the local R&T football tournament and I found that the location of the annexe was perfect, it suited our needs perfectly being on the main street and a five minute drive from his teammates who were staying in Solway holiday park just up the road. When we arrived the annexe was lovely and cosy as the heating was on and a lovely touch was that there was milk in the fridge along with tea and coffee so a much needed cup of tea could be had after a long drive down from Scotland. The fact that there is wifi in the annexe was a huge bonus for us as there was no signals (3g, 4g on O2) once we left. Even the holiday parks had no signal ...
Sky tv was also available which was nice and a large selection of dvds were available to play on the dvd player. The super huge bed was so comfy , it really felt like you were on a cloud(corny I know , but not sure how else to describe it ...) it really was a huge hit with the kids. there is everything you need supplied in the kitchen from a selection of cups , plates , glasses and cutlery , it really feels like walking into your own home.
I thought the handsoap and showergel in the shower room and toilet were nice touches too. I actually never had a chance to properly look around the village but I do think that there is not a great deal on offer for kids. I would say however that if you are looking for a quiet holiday with walks then this is the place for you. There is also a folder in the property with lots of usefull information on things to do nearby, places to eat etc.
Although I never met the owners whilst I was there the communication from booking my visit until I arrived was superb. Even when I contacted them after booking asking if I could "add " my younger son , there was no problem at all. I got the feeling that nothing would be a problem for these owners. I suppose there always has to be a negative to a review and mine would have to be that it was really unfortunate that I had to leave the annexe for the football or I could have quite happily stayed indoors!!
Highly recommend this accommodation.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Loved the homely touches.
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Management Response
4 May 2016
I am delighted that you enjoyed yourself and that your boys did so well in the football. We try very hard to make the annexe a real escape with comfort being very important to us. I am really pleased that we met your needs and thank you for your kind comments.
Karenhild...
Brackley, United Kingdom
“Brilliant holiday cottage”
Reviewed 14 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed for a week in November with our dog. Cottage is beautifully cosy, equipped with everything you could want, including if you want to cook. The decor is cosy comfortable in style and really welcoming at the end of a day's walking in the beautiful area of Solway Firth. The location is fabulous right alongside the green which leads to the coast and you can just pop around the corner to view stunning sunsets across the Firth. Just a short walk to the facilities of the town where there are some lovely cafes and a couple of places doing good meals at lunch time and evening. The fully enclosed garden is great when you have a dog and the owners were friendly and helpful but not intrusive.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cosy atmosphere and location
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
JuliaPear...
“Home from Home”
Reviewed 30 September 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Absolutely fantastic retreat.
Loved everything about the stay, felt very welcome from the minute we arrived.
We had our honeymoon there in April and loved it so much we're coming back end of October.
Really really can't praise this retreat enough, our elderly staffy Kai loved it too.
Can't wait to see Lorna and her husband Martin again.
Definitely recommend this stay to anyone wishing a get away in a great location with beautiful surroundings and very friendly local folk.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Kizzymous...
Annan, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 15 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

Lovely property, Silloth is perfect, our four year old daughter loved it!
Annexe is cosy with everything you need for a great stay.
Highly recommended.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Tom D
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant stay, can't stop myself coming back.”
Reviewed 10 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I had my fourth stay at the Annexe in July, and I have to say, I still cannot fault the apartment at all. You would expect after 3 years of going to the same place, you'd notice it looking tired, but quite honestly, it doesn't. You could easily be mistaken and think it had only opened this year!
Extremely dog friendly, Lorna, Martin and Trudy always make a fuss, you feel like your dog is actually a person the attention they pay! Doggy box in the kitchen with everything you could need for them, and the garden is perfect for the dogs, aswell as the green literally next to the cottage, one of the most dog friendly cafe's I've ever found, and some brilliant beaches for walks 10/20 minutes walk down the road. Allonby is a good one to aim for, but there is one a bit closer though there's no place name nearby or name of the beach, on the way there's a visitor attraction off to the left, look a bit further on on your right and just before the bus shelter there's a rickety lane off to your right, this leads to the best beach ever. Sometimes you can see cars parked up through the grass, but more often than not it's empty - even better for walks!
There is everything you could need for a holiday provided in the cottage, and Lorna&Martin always make you feel welcome, as well as Trudy when they're away. Trudy let me into the cottage this time, I've met her before, but this was in 2013, and she was treating me like she's known me forever, you really are made to feel welcome here, unlike some other holiday accomodation where you're blatantly just a customer. They're happy to help with anything, or give tips of where to eat, or good days out.
Silloth itself is a little hidden gem, so peaceful, you can instantly feel the calm as you drive down the main street to get to the cottage. When you live in the city, it is a very welcome change, and everyone there, whether it is the shops you go into, or the locals you bump into walking around, make you feel genuinely welcome and there's no "we're locals, you're tourists" feeling.
I'll definitely be coming back for years to come, maybe one day I'll move here and so I can skip the 3 hour journey!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything you could ever need is provided, extremely dog friendly, and very welcoming owners.
Liked least: Honestly - nothing!
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
11 Aug 2015
Thank you so much for your kind comments Tom, as always a pleasure to have you stay with us!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing