All reviews golf trip sunday carvery breakfast and dinner enjoyable stay room was spacious compliments to the chef solway coast huge bathroom roll top bath four poster bed set us up for the day lovely meal stayed for one night warm welcome full english cooked breakfast bar area
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Booked a triple room which was great, clean and tidy with plenty of space. Had a good evening meal and the staff were very friendly. BUT, the breakfast was awful. Limited choice of packet cereal, ran out of tinned fruit and no additional available. No yogurt. Vegi fried breakfast was very poor. Very overpriced for what we received and compared to other accommodation in the area. Would not stay there again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Philip C, Owner at Golf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry you did not enjoy your breakfast and am sure if you had said that something was wrong it would have been rectified immediately. No one complained either at breakfast or on checkout so I find comments like this offensive. You had a choice of 6 cereals which I would say is not a limited choice and while yes we had run out of grapefruit there was other tinned fruit available. Our staff go to great lengths to make sure all our guests are looked after so it is most demoralising when people cannot say at the time they are unhappy with something then leave and post reviews like this.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed overnight. Room lovely overlooking main st and sea in distance. Bed comfy.

Had evening meal. Would recommend shrimps as local delicacy and was delicious.

All staff in restaurant/reception and breakfast very friendly, attentive and courteous. They really are a credit.

Will definitely return.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I visit the golf hotel regularly when in Silloth either just for coffee or to eat and must say I’ve always been impressed by the food and the service, it’s lovely that the staff recognise return customers which is so often lacking nowadays.
I was disappointed though when I was interested in booking a room for an overnight stay to attend a function nearby, the reception was closed, but I asked about booking a room and if I could take a look at a room, to my surprise I was told the it wasn’t your policy to show people rooms and I could look on line and was given a price list-why is this strange practice in place I’ve never been refuse a look at room anywhere else I’ve asked? Needless to say I won’t be staying with your as I walked two minutes along to the street asked to see a room, was shown one and booked it straight away, a beautiful room overlooking the green. I must say this has put me off patronising your hotel for foods and drinks as I have been doing regularly for the past year.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank baker16
Reviewed 19 April 2018

My husband and I stayed in Silloth in February, right out of season, on meandering down the street we discovered that the only place we could eat a hot meal was at the Golf Hotel. We had a warm welcome from a lovely lady host, as only two other couples were dining in this massive dining area we were able to choose where to sit. We thought the dining room had a quite dark and gloomy interior but very clean and tidy. We were given time to peruse the menu and discuss my dietary requirements, vegetarian and gluten free. My husband is a meat eater, the lady went off to talk with the chef and I was amazed to be given a choice I chose stir fried veg and a jacket potato my husband chose burger and fries, we both enjoyed our meals very much. We didn't stay in the hotel as we were booked down the road. We give the Golf hotel restaurant a thumbs-up.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2018

We dropped in here, unannounced, for a sandwich, because we’d overlooked the fact that our favourite local café is closed on Mondays. But we weren’t disappointed. The staff were friendly and welcoming, and quickly produced a couple of very satisfactory sandwiches with a small, well presented, salad. Glancing at some of the more expensive and elaborate dishes as they went by, we thought that we might well come back and try them.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple