“Il Solito Posto / Somma Vesuviana”
Review of Il Solito Posto

Il Solito Posto
Price range: US$11 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: E ristorante, pizzeria e chalet che ospita fino a 220 coperti, dotato di giardino ed ampio parcheggio. Il Solito Posto "e un pendolo che oscilla..." Tra serate tranquille, in cui il pianoforte fa da sottofondo alle vostre conversazioni intime, e cene in cui la vivacita del canto folkloristico anima la sala, coinvolgendo tutti gli ospiti in una grande festa dal sapore della tradizione.
Reviewed 21 July 2018

Il Solito Posto is a local restaurant, nice location, well known for her excellent seafood, but also her housemade pastas; great ambiance, lovely music; all was perfect, to recommend.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 7 May 2017

We visited Il Solito Posto on a Friday night with a large group of friends, many of whom had been before (which was fortunate, as it is a bit difficult to find). But it was my first visit. This is a smaller, quite non-touristy restaurant, not fancy, just an inviting place, which greatly contrasts with the large and fancy restaurant next door. I quickly appreciated why it is a favorite of our friends. The restaurant is small, intimate, and the couple of women taking care of us that night were almost always nearby. The seafood antipasti were quite varied, and we had a selection of perhaps eight, four of which were cooked and four of which were raw. The latter were exceptional, and I could have made an entire meal of the raw offerings. Several of us enjoyed a primo offering, generally with some kind of seafood with pasta, others had a secondo of fish. My wife had their tuna, which was good but not the best we've had lately. My pasta with lupini (small clams) was also good but not the best I've had. The atmosphere in the restaurant had a very local feel to it, and we were able to enjoy our meal for hours. Both before and after dinner you must enjoy the seaside just a few 10's of meters away; the view is particularly spectacular at night, where you see the lights sparkling across the sea. I've seen that others call this restaurant a treasure, and I definitely agree. An evening spent here will be memorable for the setting, the attentive and pleasant service, and the excellent seafood.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

We visited this fantastic restaurant this yesterday evening and had a friendly welcome and wonderful service. It has a great traditional Italian atmosphere and we sat outside under the grapevines. Tina, greeted us and made us feel very welcome indeed offering us a small glass of wine and snacks. The food was delicious and our children were made to feel very welcome. The portion sizes were very generous and we were able to take some left overs home for the children (The owners have a great food ethos and don't want the food to go to waste). There is an interesting collection of bicycles and motorbikes to view. We finished our meal in style after being given a special Italian drink and rose. We would highly recommend this fantastic place for the Italian charm, super food and welcoming atmosphere.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 22 May 2015 via mobile

We went to this restaurant last week. The staff are very nice there, especially the lady that was working there. They have live music sometimes. We ordered seafood salad which was average and a bit expensive for the quantity. The pasta vongole was ok but the pizza and chocolate desert were great. If you go in summer, you can sit outside under the grape trees which is really pretty. Overall, I love this restaurant and the staff are really great. They also give the ladies a red rose at the end :-).

Reviewed 20 September 2014

Last saturday, sep the 6th, on the way back home from holidays, I've found, by pure chance, this little "tresure" in the middle of no where near by Naples. To tell the truth I was on the wrong way but my kids were starving and I decided to stop at this restaurant.
It was partially crowded upon our arrival but got fully booked in half an hour. Anyway I'm really impressed either by how, this people have been able to handle such a crowd or the excellent food and service they offered.
My wife and kids had pizza, I had a full dinner but, as a family, we shared a bit of everything. Everything was excellent and what I really don't understand is how is it possible that such a good restaurant is not advertised at all in hotels and b&b in the surrounding area.
One little clue could be that, if it wasn't for my poor italian, between the staff nobody speaks english and comunication could have bene a problem. I didn't ask why but I' sure they will solve this "little bug". Thanks a lot to Il Solito Posto. I will recomend you to all my friends and family.
Roger Broom