“Wonderful holiday, beautiful villa.”

Review of Villa Gonos

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 26 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
MaureenC1...
“Wonderful holiday, beautiful villa.”
Reviewed 19 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

We have just had a wonderful holiday in Kiotori celebrating my husbands birthday. It was made even better by staying at the Gonos Villas. We cannot thank Despina enough for ensuring that we had everything we needed during our stay. The villa was beautiful and maintained to a high standard with everything we could want on hand. We found having a car was essential, especially for those who have difficulty walking. We would certainly look at returning in the future. Thank you Despina for all your care and attention.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location of the villa
Liked least: Hard to say what we liked the least, as for us it was perfect.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
20 May 2016
It is very gratifying reading such a nice words about my villa and surely it encourages me to continue the good work. Hope to see you soon back in Rhodes.
Michael D
Carlisle, England, United Kingdom
“Great Villa”
Reviewed 29 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

We wanted a week to relax and found this villa with Thompson holidays. Great location, well cared for villa. Easy walk down to sea side Tavernas.
The only problem was Thompson holidays with massive queues in Manchester over two hours to check bags in and big queue in Rhodes.
GREAT VILLA, POOR TRAVEL COMPANY.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Relaxed, easy access to sea front. great base for exploring Island by car.
Liked least: Check in at both airports
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Families with young children
30 Oct 2015
Thank you Michael for your good comments about my villa. I am sure that Thomson will look into the airport problems and try for solutions.
Hope to have you back soon. I wish you have a good time in winter.
Sandra P
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Great Venue”
Reviewed 14 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

We booked this accommodation via Thomson. We paid per head and the car was included with the villa. Having read the reviews, we paid the highest price which was only a few pounds extra, because we wanted Villa C or D. We got D!
We were delighted with the accommodation which had a kitchen well stocked with utensils, pans, etc. It is on 2 floors, with 3 bedrooms. You have a dishwasher and washing machine. The choice of shower or bath. I could see the sea from my bed and probably had one of the best views I've ever had from Greek accommodation. The living area is also made up of an open plan kitchen / dining / living room with TV, DVD player etc.
One of the best things about this property is the outdoors. The pool is maintained twice a week. The garden is beautiful and well kept. There is a BBQ. We ate al fresco for every meal.
We had a problem with the air con breaking down and this was fixed within hours of making the call.
We walked to the nearest beach and took the car to all the local haunts, beaches, etc. I would recommend getting a guide book, though there are some suggestions in the villa.
There were some nice restaurants on the beaches in Kiotari and Gennadi. A slightly longer drive takes you to Pefkos, with lots of restaurants, cash points, shops and more beaches, which I preferred to Gennadi Square, Lardos, etc. We shopped at the local supermarket and Carrefour and got everything we needed.
We like old buildings, archaeology and walking and had all that less than an hour from home. A short drive from the villa took us to something new every day and we had a couple of lazy days relaxing at the villa too. We visited many beaches, so everything most holiday-ers could want is there. Weather was consistently good.
This is one of the few occasions when I would go back to the same place, since we went for a week, and it just wasn't enough :).

Travelling group: Friends
18 Oct 2015
Dear Sandra,
Thank you so much for your very positive comments for my villas. Your words give me the strength to continue and I promise you whenever you decide to come back you will be as satisfied as this time.
Until next summer, I send you my best regards,
Despina
Sarah T
Quorndon, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic 2 weeks stay at Gonos Villas”
Reviewed 9 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We had our villa holiday between 15th/30th July 2015. The villa is about an hours drive from Rhodes Airport. We were amazed how big the villa was, with enough room to sleep 6 people easily. There was everything you needed, more like a home from home. The pool and garden have a great view of the sea and are will kept with the pool being cleaned twice a week. A car is included with the villa which you can upgrade (the car included is small). The shops are only a short drive away, there are also a number of restaurants along the coastal road.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view from the pool
Liked least: Can't think of anything.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Families with young children
10 Aug 2015
Dear Guests,
I appreciate your good comments for my villas. Your opinion counts to all future guests. I will keep up the good work maintaining the villas and providing the service expected by my customers.
Thank you again and wish you all the best.
Amanda T
Stamford, United Kingdom
“Absolutely perfect villa!”
Reviewed 4 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Our family booked with Thomson (partner, 5yr old, & 1yr old), and we wish we had booked directly with Despina and booked flights and car hire separately. The villa was immaculately clean, had everything we needed, and was in a quiet location for us. Despina kindly let us have an extra two hours on our last day since our flight was at 2am (she would've let us stay longer if there wasn't someone else starting their holiday later that day).
We were in Villa D, which is one of the detached villas (the garden has a connecting gate with Villa C, which is great for retrieving wayward beach balls if you're not traveling with your neighbors in C). There is air conditioning in each bedroom and the lounge. There is a dishwasher (we chose to wash by hand), a percolator coffee pot, a kettle, a sandwich grill/toaster, a microwave, a washing machine, a safe. Some info said 15 channels were in English, but most were Arabic. There is a DVD player, but I don't know if it is multi region, as we didn't use it. There is wifi, but the signal is poor and non-existant if you go into a bedroom - but you don't need it too much on holiday, anyway! There was even a library of books and magazines, perhaps left by previous holiday makers - my hubby left his novel he'd read for future footy loving blokes!
The private pool is heavenly! There was a lilo there already, and we left a few children's bits for future families.
A path to the back of Villa C takes you to the road along the coast - if you turn right at the bottom of this road, you can walk to restaurants (including our favourite on our holiday, Stefano's), a tourist shop, and a beach. Apart from this, you really need a car.
There are small supermarkets turning either right or left out of the villa. To the left, towards Gennadi, is a pizza place worth a visit, an ice cream shop, and a supermarket. You can also drive down to the seaside road if you turn left again. Turning right out of the villa takes you to a Carrefour, a chemist, plenty of tourist shops, and other nearby areas (Lardos is this way, as is Pefki and Lindos). Lindos is definitely worth a visit!
We'd definitely go again, booking directly on the Gonos Villas website next time!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: A gorgeous location all to ourselves with everything we needed.
Liked least: The Thomson flight experience, no children's TV in English, and weak wifi.
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
10 Aug 2015
My dear guests,
Thank you for the nice comments about your stay in my villa. It is my duty and responsibility to offer the best possible service to the people who have chosen my villas for their holidays.
I want to assure you that if you decide to come back you'll receive the same service and treatment.
Kind Regards,
Despina Gonos
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing