All reviews sunday lunch beautiful venue memory lane next morning hereford wedding trinchado setting starters winter
Reviewed 2 April 2017

I went to my sisters wedding at this hotel. We had met there before to have lunch and review the venue. The food they served was average and when it came to desert, I ordered fruit salad, the fruit salad was off. I should have known what was to follow!! It was a sign of things to come!!. The wedding was similar, shocking service, service was so slow, the food was inadequate. When I went back to my room afterwards, it smelt of smoke and old socks, the beds were uncomfortable. When we complained to management they responded on the defensive, no apologies!! They ruined a super special day!! Overall a shocking experience! AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank GabiT287
Reviewed 8 March 2017

Booked in for a spur of the moment romantic evening and stay over. Very friendly staff. Stunning grounds although noisy due to adjoining businesses and road. The room was very dark with only two bedside lamps to light a +/-30m2 room. You need binoculars to see the small TV in the huge room. Linen was very crisp and comfortable. Furnishings nice. Bathroom desperately needs proper renovation and provision of a shower - decent layout would help.
Dinner was superb - cooked to perfection thus the 3 star review as the restaurant deserves 4+ and the room 2-. The setting is well worth a visit but next time it will definitely be for the food with no accommodation.

Room Tip: A room with decent lighting and a shower would probably be nice.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MikeGoodbrand
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

We attended my mother in law's 60th birthday here. We had the Sunday lunch. So they can cater for 25+ people per party.

It's a set menu at a very reasonable price. There is a lovely selection of starters and mains. These are plated. The dessert is a buffet. I can recommend the salmon as a starter and the fillet as a main dish is wonderful. Also- make sure that you don't skip their lemon meringue.

We have gone back to the Hertford many times. Their service and food has been excellent.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
TheHertfordHotel, Manager at The Hertford Country Hotel & Function Venue, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Thank you for your lovely review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our delicious Sunday Lunch Menu! We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Kind Regards
The Hertford Team

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

We attended a wedding at a beautiful venue next door and booked to stay the night at Hertford Country Hotel. The decor and facilities at Hertford are not commensurate with the price. We woke up to no hot water and after a cold bath and shower reported this to reception. The reaction from the manager on duty was equally cool. Like other wedding guests we should have driven back home - Hertford was not a treat at R1600 per night.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank PorterPrivate
Reviewed 20 January 2017

We visited The Hertford for a birthday lunch. We were greeted by friendly staff, and served by very efficient waiters. The food was excellent, my steak was cooked to perfection. The setting is just lovely and so peaceful, beautiful gardens and gorgeous reception venues and chapels. I would highly recommend the Hertford for a relaxed lunch or any other occasion.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family