“Excellent choice”
Review of Rusty Cafe

Rusty Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Tinamaste
Price range: US$2 - US$11
Description: We are located in the mountains of Tinamastes, Costa Rica, a mecca for exotic organic produce. With that in mind, we are setting out to utilize all the local farmers to supply our restaurant, creating an organic & seasonal menu at a price accessible for all. Our vision is: "Conscious Eating & Communal Living." Come by to sit down & thoroughly enjoy what we have prepared for you with MUCH LOVE!
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Rusty Cafe is an excellent choice in Tinamastes. We were visiting the market and were hungry afterward. There was parking, good service and the food and drinks were solid!

Reviewed 26 January 2017

This warm, small cafe on the main road offers delicious, super fresh food that's super vegetarian/vegan friendly--and if you're not veg you'll still love it! Lots of innovative touches with flavor that really stand out, like the broccoli in the squash soup and the coconut chips in the house salad (raves here on the house salad-just get it and thank me later!) make the dishes more interesting than the usual. No sugar in the smoothies, just good fresh fruit, greens if you want them, and coconut milk for an extra 500 colonas (I didn't see that until I'd drunk half of mine, but I didn't actually regret it...) The first thing I saw when I entered was a jar of vegan cookies. And then the vegan muffins. And I was so much looking forward to those treats--only after my meal (house salad, a vegan squash/broccoli/coconut milk soup with bread and the aforementioned smoothie) I was far too stuffed to even contemplate a sweet. *sigh*

Eat here. You'll be happy.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

This place was recently opened by an American couple, it's just a few meters West of the Community Center in Tinimastes (which is about 1/2 way on the from Perez Zeledon to Dominical). The place looks like a mountain cabin from the outside, and offers a nice rest stop on a wet and foggy day driving down the mountain to the beach. All their ingredients are locally sourced and organic, and we can't say enough good things about the quality of food and the love put into preparing the dishes. I believe they are closed on Sunday + Monday and only open for lunch rest of the week. But well worth the trip.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

Rusty Cafe was a great stop for a hungry older couple. It was a nostalgic experience. It reminded us of our younger, freer days. The young owners work hard to serve the natural food they love and enjoy. The cuisine that only beautiful Costa Rica can offer. Definitely a worthwhile experience.

1  Thank Greg W
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Really good coffee and food.

Easy access location, excellent service, and confortable setting.

Grate place to make some new friends.