Captain Howey Hotel
The Ship Hotel(New Romney)
US$91
US$37
Pitchup.com
  • Pool
Pitchup.com
Littlestone Hotel(New Romney)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrh drstayed for one nightfamily mealthe pubbreakfast was excellentbromleyrailwaydymchurchtakeawaylock
Reviewed 3 January 2016

Five of us stayed at the hotel last night and left after breakfast this morning. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable and bathroom facilities fine. We didn't use the bar but we noticed a choice of real ales, contrary to one reviewer's comments. Breakfast was excellent - we each had exactly what we wanted. The staff were friendly and efficient. It had the feeling of a friendly bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: Ours overlooked the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch light railway line. Better (in my opinion) than a room overlooking the Littlestone Road.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank DigitalDavid
Reviewed 30 December 2015

I came to New Romney to see a friend and did the usual internet searches to find accommodation and this place was not easy to find at all.

I'm glad I did persevere as this place is everything I was looking for. The ambience was lovely and relaxing and the staff were very friendly, attentive and really made you feel welcome.

The room I had (a double) was much better than I anticipated; clean, comfortable and with a lovely bed.

If I ever have reason to visit the area again I'll definitely be staying here.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Kim S
Reviewed 4 November 2015 via mobile

Pleasant hotel with clean and well equipped if small single room. Ensuite bathroom with shower was a real plus. Staff were friendly and welcoming and breakfast was fab. Good room rate too. On the down side parking is very limited and i had to park down a side road.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank fish1904
Reviewed 2 October 2015

I stayed at The Captain Howey Hotel for three nights, I had a comfortable room with excellent facilities, a very high standard of cleanliness. The food served was excellent, the evening meals were very tasty (especially the Broccoli and Stilton soup) and the breakfasts were beautiful, all the food was very well presented and very filling! The staff were courteous and helpful. The public transport was very convenient (bus stops out side the hotel!) and the magical Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch Railway station is directly across the road! A great trip all-round!!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank JohnboyTD
Reviewed 25 September 2015

Recently had a family meal here after it being recommended to us, ive got to say the service was very slow and we had to prompt one of the staff to take our order after a long wait even though the restaurant was near empty.
I ordered the Lasagne which when it arrived looked like it had been rescued from the bin three days previously and hastily whacked in the microwave ! Totally dry , rubbery and horrible . To be fair the other meals ordered were ok but not worth the money.
the dessert was a total rip off , I ordered the chocolate sundae which at £5.95 consisted of one scoop of ice cream and filled to the top with squirty aerosol processed cream ! must of cost them all of 10p to make this . The manager when informed gave the impression of not really caring less and nothing was offered in the way of compensation for a gash meal.
Needless to say I wont be returning and obviously wouldn't recommend it to anyone to eat here.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family