“Beautiful ”

Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Wingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Wingham Wildlife Park is set within 26 acres in which we display over 200 different species... That’s more than any other zoo in Kent! Additionally, we are the only park in Kent where you can visit moon bears, chimpanzees and penguins! As well as the all-important animal collection we have 2 large play areas, both indoors and outdoors plus a sheltered tropical house, reptile house, chimpanzee exhibit and museum which can all be enjoyed whatever the weather. Furthermore, there are 2 restaurants (although one may be shut in the winter season), several toilets including disabled toilets and baby changing facilities, plus discover a wide variety of animal talks, feeds, encounters and experiences for a roarsome day out in Kent!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful place to visit all year round , a great place to take any age of child , buggy and wheelchair accessible, dinosaur and play area, if you’re going to go more than once which I would recommend invest in the yearly pass

1  Thank Yvette C
Wingham W, Public Relations Officer at Wingham Wildlife Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Yvette C

Thank you for writing this review of our park. I am glad that you have found us to be so family friendly, a lot of work was done to the paths when the new owners took over the park to make it more accessible and practical for pushchairs and wheelchairs, it's great that you can enjoy this on your visits.

Thank you for recommending our season ticket, we definitely think that they offer great value and I am pleased that you do too.

Looking forward to seeing you at the park again soon,

Wingham Wildlife Park

Write a ReviewReviews (1 514)
All reviews
"big cats"
in 74 reviews
"picnic area"
in 22 reviews
"plenty of picnic tables"
in 15 reviews
"tiger experience"
in 19 reviews

15 - 19 of 1 515 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a lovely time visiting this zoo, it was a lots smaller than I thought but still enjoyable to walk around. Lots of animals to see but unfortunately due to the heat I think they were all hiding indoors out of the sun so only saw a few on our visit. The penguins seemed to love the warm weather and wee very active in their pool. There is a lovely play area for the kids, indoors and outdoors, the indoor one you do need socks on so remember to bring a pair, the outdoor one is lovely and big, Walked around the dinosaur part which is fun for the little ones. Ideal zoo for little ones to walk around as well.

Hi Sarah C,

Thank you for your review. It's wonderful that you had such an enjoyable visit to us. I am glad that you enjoyed seeing the penguins and that they were all being active in the pool. I hope that you were able to watch one of the penguin talks too in which you can learn about all their different characters. Even though some of the animals were inside I hope you were able to see them as most of their shelters are on display.

Offering both indoor and outdoor play areas is great for the kids to burn off their excess energy and means that they have a play area regardless of the weather conditions.

I hope that we will see you again soon,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of our favourite places to visit, nice, clean and a great variety of animals to see.

A must go to place for animal lovers.

Hi Kenny445,

Thank you for your review of our park. It's lovely to know that you are regulars and that we are one of your favourite days out. The staff work hard to keep the park clean so it's great that you have noticed this on your visits.

The number of animals at Wingham Wildlife Park is continuing to grow and we have lots of exciting additions coming soon so if you enjoy the variety of animals here now I think you will like our future plans.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the park again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a brilliant day at wingham wildlife park,my 2 year old son is dinosaur mad and he loved it! We’ve visited a few zoos and I must say that this is our favourite...the animals all look so healthy and well looked after,the facilities/restaurant were clean and the staff were very friendly ...we can’t wait to come back......oh and the walk through with the lemurs is a must! Thanks wingham for a wonderful day.

Wingham W, Public Relations Officer at Wingham Wildlife Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi vje1986.

Thanks for reviewing our park. I am so pleased to know that you had a wonderful visit to us recently. It's great that your son loves dinosaurs I hope that our animatronic dinosaur zoo was a highlight for him.

I am glad that you found the park and its facilities to be clean, this is very important to us and we work hard to keep it this way for both our animals and visitors.

The ring-tailed lemurs are wonderful little characters and their walk through enclosure is something that we are very pleased to be able to offer our visitors. It is also a great chance to get close to the three lemur pups, I am glad to know that you enjoyed this experience so much.

I look forward to seeing you at the park again soon,

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have now been here three times in a month after deciding to treat ourselves to a season ticket - we have a 3 year old and a baby and so finding somewhere like Wingham is perfect for us. The site is well laid out and buggy friendly . Lots of toilets (all clean) and lots of things to do! The soft play and adventure play park are worth the season ticket price alone !

Our most recent visit was for my sons third birthday and we loved seeing the tiger feeding session and getting to feed the goats. The variety of animals to see is excellent. Our oldest son (3) is still a little unsure about the dinosaurs but I’m sure he will start to want to see them more over time !

The soft play centre is clean and well staffed and a good size for pre schoolers . The adventure play park is excellent although often has been quite busy with large school groups when we have visited.

Our only issue is the price of the food - £4 for one sausage and chips is very expensive for a children’s meal - especially when this doesn’t come with any vegetables. To serve a small portion of peas or beans with a meal would cost very little and bulk up what is otherwise a very expensive but meagre meal. We usually take a picnic but we decided to have a birthday treat - two sausage baguettes, chips and a kids meal was £17. While we accept profit most be made to support the great work Wingham is doing this seemed significantly overpriced.

We will happily be visiting lots over the next year with our season tickets !

Hi Lydia H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our park. It is always great to hear from our season ticket holders and I am pleased to know that you have been making the most of it with three visits to us in one month.

I am glad that on some of your visits you have been able to watch our keeper talks and feeds and that you have enjoyed them. I am also glad that on your visits you have found the park to be clean, our staff work hard to make sure of this.

I hope that your son warms to our dinosaur zoo on your future visits and look forward to seeing you back at the park again soon.