Queens Casino & Hotel
Roche House(Queenstown)
  • Free Internet
  • Free Internet
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel located on the Main Street in the town easy to find on the right side after entering the town. Very clean and well set reception area beautifully decorated interior corridors, nice and spacious rooms, with either a king or queens bed, bath and shower big mirrors, big flat screen TV. Tea and coffee. The receptionist was super efficient and professional handling her matter him a smile and professionally.

The only downturn their wifi is limited and somewhat complicated to load.

It's so comfortable I promise to be back

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jabu M
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Lovely hotel.Typical hotel.Reception,dining area,corridor,rooms on either side of the corridor.Clean.Crisp linen on comfortable beds in a standard hotel room tv with the usual channels.Small white towels in bathroom and cream body wash and shampoo provided.So comfortingly ordinary.
Wifi could not be found.But who needs wifi.
Breakfast a hotel buffet.Reasuringly comforting.
Staff friendly and available to help.

Nd

Room Tip: On the garden
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2017

During my comfortable stay at the Queens Hotel in Komani (Queenstown) on the 22nd and 23rd of May 2017 I was impressed with the excellent service delivery of ALL staff members, especially Lori Anne. Nothing was too much trouble. This wonderful team understands the meaning of excellent service delivery with a smile. Customer service is very important to me; I was never disappointed. They were polite, friendly, warm and unexpectedly accommodating to my every need.

From arrival to departure I was greeted with efficient service and warm smiles.

My spacious room and en suite (also large) were spotless. The linen and towels were crisp and smelled fresh. I had a quiet night’s rest.

Queens Hotel offers great value for money. It is an accommodation establishment run by people who let their guests know that they love people! They pride themselves in delivering a memorable hotel experience with exceptional service.

I recommend Queens Hotel in Komani very highly to anyone who values service excellence.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2017

This hotel is perfectly located on the main road coming/ going out of Queenstown. There are very few occasions when I've found it fully booked unless there is some big political meeting in the area.

The hotel is really not much to brag about but is the best version of a real hotel in the area. It shares premises with the Casino where the main dinner is served, otherwise breakfast is served directly in the hotel kitchen.

It's always safer to call in for a booking otherwise you might be surprised on any walk-ins.

Service is average by most city standards, it is worth the value of the room though. Unfortunately, there is not much other fun or attractive activities in the area.

Room Tip: Look for a room with proper working heater in winter (ask them to test it in our presence), this is one of the coldest areas in SA
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights while on a business trip. The staff were very friendly on arrival and welcomed us. It's a quaint hotel with lovely furniture in the reception area. The rooms are spacious and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good. I was a bit disappointed with the room service menu that didn't cater for a vegetarian/pescatarian like myself. When I asked them to serve fish for room service, they were reluctant until I asked to speak to the manager. I wasn't feeling well, so did not feel like walking out of the hotel in the rain to the casino next door to have dinner. They eventually served me fish and chips that tasted ok.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business