Cathy's Guesthouse
  • Restaurant
Die Hoekhuis(Cradock)
Oude Pastorie(Cradock)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Cradock before going to Mountain Zebra National Park. This guesthouse was perfect for an overnight stay. Comfortable bed and cozy bedroom. The family is welcoming and friendly. Location near grocery stores.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Anny B, Owner at Cathy's Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Thank you for your possitive comment.
I appreciate it so much.
God bless
Anny

Reviewed 20 February 2017

When we arrived and rang the doorbell some surfer-like dude opened the door a little bit to see who was bothering him. It felt like we arrived at a CIA safehouse rather than a guesthouse. Once inside, the setting was actually quite nice, a bit victorian and artsy. We were then sort-of checked in and shown to our rooms. One of the rooms that was in our confirmation was already occupied by someone else (?) and thus we got one very big room with 2 beds and one room half that size with one small double bed instead. Why the difference? And why not give us what was promised in the first place? A bit later when we were settled and wanted to use the pool (which is microscopically small by the way) there were 2 guys in it smoking cigarettes. No one seemed to care. We did and were very dissapointed in the lack of interest from whoever was in charge. I tried to sit on the single bed in our room but when I did it felt like it was about to collapse so I quickly got up again. The main bed was V-shaped so bad that, when my wife and I tried to sleep in it, we would roll towards eachother continuously. Later on that night my father-in-law spotted a cockroach in his room. (the smaller one) We are experienced travelllers and not easily spooked but the entire experience made us want to leave as soon as possible; we were back in the car by 7am and left without breakfast. The worst thing is that when we posted a shorter version of our experiences on the website that we used to make the reservation, the owner/manager, represented by someone named Annie, simply denies the whole thing in a sarcastic tone of voice. Well Anny, we will NEVER visit you again. And you should always learn from feedback,not be ignorant and deny it.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael C

I apologize for the unpleasant experience you had.
I will replace the beds and the reception.
Thank you for telling me about it.
God bless
Anny

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Cathy's guesthouse has a family management, rooms are big, with dated furniture and no wifi inside the room. But the worst thing about this guest house is that beds are very uncomfortable, and should really to be replaced. They'll turn your sleep into a nightmare.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank guduains
Reviewed 12 May 2016 via mobile

Was cozy and relaxing. Attention to fine details like presentation of the room and simple supplies like 2 ply was a blessing. I recommend it to all travelling people out there. Close to all the attractions of the town and a real feel for old shool property influences on design and structure.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business