See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 April 2017

We were not originally booked into Amali, but we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of service. It was 5 star service. We stayed 1 night. As the town was full of guests for a rugby tournament, the owner offered to make reservations for us at a local restaurant. The kinds loved the free wifi. The fridge had cooldrink and biltong and chips, which was great and you only have to leave the necessary amount on the fridge. I would suggest that a few rusks (to buy) would also be nice for the coffee or tea. As it was Easter the owner came by and gave us each an Easter egg. We did not stay for breakfast but I would recommend Amali for anyone who would like to visit Cradock.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 5 May 2016

We visited Amali Guesthouse over the weekend, while we attended a wedding in The Fish River. From the moment we arrived, we were given 5 star service. I asked for a few additional things for the room (A third blanket for the cold etc.) - none of my requests were too big and within minutes they had brought them to the room. We loved our room, it was nice and warm during the cold nights in Cradok! We experienced such, helpful friendly service throughout our stay. The most amazing part was, I by mistake left one of my belonging in the room. I only realized after we had already departed for Cape Town. The Amali Staff were only too happy to help look for it and send it back to Cape Town for me. On the same weekend, we had such bad service through our car rental company, so it was very refreshing to experience such helpful service from our Guesthouse. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
AmaliGH, Owner at Amali Guest Houses, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2016

Such a pleasure to accommodate you, Samantha! Looking forward to your next stay.

Amali

Reviewed 17 December 2015

On arrival I was told to wait in the parking lot after driving for 10 hours! I was then showed my room and that's it. None of the facilities available etc. Breakfast was promised as really good as I was in two minds of eating breakfast at Amali (for R70.00!) or at a restaurant. At the breakfast I was rudely shown to my table by the cleaner and met with irritation when I asked if I can sit at another table. There was a miscommunication about the coffee which I ignored. When my breakfast arrived it was two very hard eggs (I specifically asked for soft eggs), Koo Tamato relish and two very thin and very dry strips of bacon. When I queried the hard eggs the host started screaming at me and accusing me of a bad attitude etc. I got up and left. At the butchery, which recommended Amali, they asked about my stay. I replied it was terrible. I then received a call a week later from the owner asking about payment and accusing me of bad mouthing her guesthouse. When I replied I have a right to say my visit was terrible she started getting sarcastic and even more accusational. Avoid this place and Karoo Manor at all cost!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
4  Thank Jurgens_Nel
Reviewed 11 December 2015

The reception was warm and friendly.
The room was spacious with a modern bathroom.
A problem with the TV was attended to immediately and fixed.
The jack-of-all-trades Tendai is brilliant, and a good advert for the guesthouse and Cradock.
The prices are very reasonable, and this is the only place I will stay when in Cradock again.

Room Tip: Room 11 was modern, spacious and private, with ample off-street parking.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Thomas G
Reviewed 10 November 2015

On our business trip to Cradock, My colleague and I researched suitable places to stay at in Cradock. We liked everything Amali Guesthouse had to offer and made the booking early. Amali Guesthouse accepted our booking and we were on our way fro Johannesburg. As we arrived at the guesthouse, a lady met us in the drive-way, Greeted me but did not even acknowledge my Indian colleague next to me and told us that she decided to rather move us to another venue of hers, where there is air conditioning, since the Amali rooms had no aircon. I told her politely that we have been booked in in Amali Guesthouse specifically, but she then said another problem is that they are fully booked and she moved us to a place exactly the same as Amali. There is no difference. It was late and we were tired and still had to prepare for the next day's business. Disheartened, we left Amali to go to her other venue. Karoo Manor. There was a group of youngsters fighting and screaming at each other in the street in front of Karoo Manor and I felt quite unsafe. A young lady and a man came out and without even greeting, she instructed: "I will take the white lady this side, you take him across the road." (Apparently where all the African people, truck drivers etc. sleep). I felt so raw about this treatment and discrimination. My colleague and I both knew what the real reason was for the move. Of course there was no aircon in my room, what a lie just to get rid of us! The next morning we were told by the staff that Karoo Manor is cheaper than Amali (even though Amali accepted our full payment). I felt extremely embarrassed about the whole situation. Amali Guesthouse will never be considered by our company in future.

Stayed: October 2015