“Twenty 20”

Riverside Cricket Ground
Reviewed 14 August 2017

went for the twenty 20 game Durham against Yorkshire.
Lovely ground over looked by castle, lots of parking available outside the ground although it took a while to get out after the game.
My first twenty 20 game, really Enjoyed it, very entertaining cricket from both teams.
lots going on to keep the youngsters entertained between the overs and innings.
all round an enjoyable evening under the floodlights

2  Thank alfie50
"england"
in 7 reviews
"stadium"

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Visited this beautiful cricket ground for the fourth time. Great ground with good facilities. Set in a beautiful setting wuth views of Lumley Castle. Lots laid on to encourage and entertain young cricket enthusiasts. Entertainment from Chester the Lion. Good parking facilities. A super visit despite a Durham defeat.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Brought my niece to her 1st ever concert at the riverside and have to say it was a great venue. Plenty of space for the kids to dance around and seating for those who needed/wanted it. Was a bit disappointed by the overpriced food and drinks -£6 for a pulled pork sandwich and £2.50 for a bottle of pop plus cash machines that put a £2.95 charge on was a bit much but overall everyone enjoyed it. Security were very helpful and really made us feel safe which was a big worry for my sister. Parking was no problem and the attendants were tryin hard to get everyone out as quickly as possible after the event.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

A great gig - if only we could have seen the stage and heard the sound. Terrible location, terrible offer, terrible value.

This was purchased as surprise for my Wife a life long Rod Stewart fan for her Birthday.

I paid over £175 for each ticket for what was billed as a VIP concert experience with private suite / bar.

We received our tickets only 5 days before the concert - we had instructions as to when to arrive, what to wear and a menu for a 3 course meal.

On arrival - we learnt there was no meal - we had all (all silver VIP ticket holders) been sent the menu in error. The bar was a paid bar - and we just happened to be a in a room. We were so far away from the stage that you couldn't even see the artists on the stage - it was like watching from home - except the sound was absolutely terrible - with horrendous time delays in the sound due to the distance and terrible echoes from the adjacent stands. We could not see or hear Rod Stewart - we had no meal, and we had to pay for drinks. Also we never received the souvenir programme we were promised!!

Where was the VIP concert experience that warranted £175+ each?

We brought this situation to attention of the Durham County Cricket Club (DCCC) staff - who said it was nothing to do with them - it's was the promoter (Cuff and Taylor) and they couldn't do anything. Cuff and Taylor staff were not there and so we pushed the complaint further with the event host. DCCC staff did offer that this was the single most expensive event they had ever put on and where astounded by the price being charged in the room we were in for such a poor location and package.

To top it all - I tweet as @stiltwalk about this issue on Friday evening and Cuff and Taylor liked my tweet - truly rubbing salt into the wounds.

Think long and hard before buying a VIP package - check what you are getting carefully to avoid massive disappointment.

1  Thank aegiesassociates
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Was really looking forward to this concert, atmosphere in the pubs in town was electric with tartan hats & scarves & Celtic shirts everywhere. I anticipated delays due to additional security so opted for very small bag, that was searched & tagged then the fun began, we had our tickets checked & grabbed drinks which were excessively priced @ £5 pint, the queue for the toilets was ridiculous & totally inadequate, approached security at reception to see if there was an alternative somewhere as I suffer from IBS & when you need to go, that's it, he was quite rude & dismissive & stated I'd have to queue like everyone else, so if you have a disability don't expect any considerations, we made our way as directed to the steps for pitch access, as we attempted to climb them were told we couldn't even though there was no one using them, so we tried the next set, same thing then told to go right to the end, this was farcical, unclear why they were being so idiotic, once down at the other side we had to show our tickets again for a wrist band stating pitch access, then another seven times before we could get to our seats, the rows were numbered to around 40 & to me if someone is in the low numbers you'd send them to that end, oh no not this lot, it was like some form of game to them & they were getting lots of back chat from unhappy fans voicing the same, the focus was all wrong there was limited crowd control & it was in the wrong places, I was appalled by the volume of women in their 50's & 60's who were paralytic & should not have been allowed entry never mind served more alcohol, those that were dancing in the aisles between A1 & A2 were constantly reprimanded by security & asked to return to their seats however there were gaps between block A, B & C & those were full of people who weren't asked to move & made it like an assault course to get to the toilets or bar, the end of the evening was the most shambolic, we were herded like cattle to 1 or 2 exits, it felt claustrophobic & I was anxious as following recent terrorist atrocities elsewhere we were like sitting ducks, those in wheelchairs, on crutches & on mobility scooters were not provided with any assistance but left to fend for themselves, they should have been allowed egress from a dedicated gate, the overall management of this event was totally shambolic they are unable to deal with crowds of this magnitude this was echoed with the chaos in the roads outside, it took us over an hour to get out & there were insufficient buses & taxis available in the town, I will never set foot in this ground again, I am so angry with the organisers, I do hope they read this, just had to vent but that aside, Rod was amazing

1  Thank SharonJT67