All reviewscooked breakfastpeddars waythe main housenorth norfolkgarden roomown devicesquality furnishingsmini barthought of everythingstayed longera fantastic place to stayget away from it allwelcoming hostscooked optionsself containedb and bthe barn
Reviewed 26 June 2018

If yo feel you need a real get away, Magazine Wood is perfect. The room was luxurious: very well decorated with a comfortable bed, and equally attractive en suite. Food for breakfast was in the room: all you could eat and more, with good coffee and amazing selection of teas. The situation if peaceful and we could see the sea glinting in the distance.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Philippa B, Owner at Magazine Wood, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you Pip. I know you needed a break and we are so glad you got to relax at Magazine Wood. Hope to see you again. Pip

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We stayed a week in "walkers" room. From the moment we arrived everything went beautifully.lovely terrace overlooking idyllic countryside and aah...the garden with its magnificent flowers,trees and shrubs. The birds and wildlife, not forgetting the family chickens(so cute) were around all the time to keep your interest.
When you tear yourself away to all the numerous attractions in the area there is simply not enough hours in the day to even scratch the surface. Amazing eateries at all levels of prices. Our favourite was a few minutes drive away at The Lodge in Old Hunstanton, quite popular so book if possible.I
We can't speak highly enough of Pip, Jonathan and their delightful children not forgetting the beautifully well behaved , sweet dogs. We could find no fault with Magazine wood and would recommend it to anyone looking for a sanctuary in a mad world!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Philippa B, Owner at Magazine Wood, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you so much it was lovely to meet you both and I am so glad you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us. We hope to see you again. Pip xx

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

My partner and I had our second trip early we this month and as with our first visit we found the place beautiful and quiet. Our first issue was on arrival. I had phoned in earlier in the day and was told by a gentleman to let ourselves in as no one would be there on our arrival. On arrival we received a ‘snotty’ phone call concerning us ‘letting ourselves in’ . I went to the main house to explain and was told ‘typical communication between myself and my husband’ but no apology for upsetting my partner. Everything else went fine until I went to pay our outstanding balance the night before our departure early the next morning. I was told the bill was £129 as the bill for our dog would not be added as ‘ there had been an error on booking’ but they would kindly not add the additional £20 as we had had to leave a night earlier than expected on our first visit due to ‘the beast from the east’. At this bill paying meeting I was not asked if we had used anything from the minibar. On arrival home I received an e mail stating that they had added up the items ‘missing ‘ from the mini bar and the charge for the dog and they had deducted £61 from my bank card for these items. This was done without discussing the matter first. I stated I thought the items in the mini bar were gratuities as they are in the same fridge as milk, orange juice and other items. There is no price list anywhere on the fridge or in the room at all. I was told the mini bar is not free and the prices are listed under ‘concierge ‘ on the room I pad ( that we did not use). I stated we had had items on our first visit and not been charged and so we thought they were free but the reply was we didn’t charge you last time as you left early. I feel they need to be clearer with their ‘extras policy’ as we had no verbal indications on arrival what extras could be charged. Our overall feelings were that the owners were talking down to us on every occasion and that included when we reported the tv was not working the reply on dealing with the issue was ‘ someone has been playing with this’ implying we had been the guilty party. One last point , we took our pet Westie with us and on one occasion our dog went close to the house but still on the communal grass area and the owners Labrador went for our dog and pinned him down luckily without causing injury. Please ensure your dog does not go near the main house. Overall a beautiful property in a beautiful area but the whole experience has left a slightly bitter taste.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank snapie11
Jonathan N, Owner at Magazine Wood, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

A bitter taste indeed…

You stayed with us in March but left early due to your concerns with the weather and getting home. You left a healthy mini-bar tab but we didn’t pursue it as you had cut short your stay. You returned in June and arrived with your pet and there was some confusion as you hadn’t booked it in but you said you didn’t realise you had to book them in or pay for it. Upon check-out we awkwardly waived the charge as you thought it was free. You said you had a lovely stay.

Our housekeeper then noticed that everything in the minibar had gone but there was no empties in the room. You had taken everything home with you! We emailed and you responded that you were unaware again that these were chargeable and you didn’t know there was a Concierge system and yes there were no empties in your room. You stated that you ‘didn’t act dishonestly’ but merely out of ‘ignorance’.

Upon looking at your previous booking we realised you were very familiar with the Concierge system as you had used it to book breakfast on two occasions. You had also booked your dog in on the previous booking and paid for it.

I think that mistakenly taking the entire contents of the minibar home and saying that you thought pets were free was no longer credible. I don’t really understand why you responded here rather than simply replying to my last email.

It was not my intention to talk down to you but I do think you should feel a little bit embarrassed about all of this.

Regards

Jonathan

PS Our labrador is very friendly…

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We loved our stay at Magazine Wood. Wonderful secluded setting. High standard accommodation. Delicious breakfast with flexible options. Great area for tourist attractions. Local information provided which was very helpful. Would definitely return and recommend.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Philippa B, Owner at Magazine Wood, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Many thanks for your lovely review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay

Pip

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We had a really nice time at Magazine Wood. Ideally situated in beautiful and peaceful sorroundings, we had a warm welcome and absolutely loved our room. The view was outstanding, looking over the open countryside and all the way to the sea. Everything from our breakfast table to the bed and other facilities were superb. Extremely relaxing, will be coming back for sure and would definitely recommend a visit. Excellent location to explore the gorgeous villages and coastline, with some very good pubs and restaurants nearby. Thank you to Pip and Jonathan!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple