“Very odd experience”
Review of Indigo Divers

Indigo Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Indigo Divers is a 5 star PADI dive center based at Anahita World Class Sanctuary on the east site of Mauritius island. For certified divers we offer over hundreds dive sites around Mauritius, for none certified divers we offer every afternoon a Discover Scuba Diving program of our prestigious dive resort.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Whilst staying at the nearby Four Seasons, several members of our party undertook PADI training with Indigo Divers. It was a very strange and not entirely pleasant experience. It started off poorly when after many emails and confirmations, there was no one to meet us on the booked first day. After much rushing around the people at the dive centre explained that they could not find Kenny our diver instructor and no one knew where he was. We were told all manner of weird stuff - how he might be in hospital, or not....who knew...no one apparently. After HOURS, it was decided that we would return in a couple of days. This was pretty stressful as holidays are by definition limited in time and we wanted to have several specialty dives completed as well as 2 Open Water courses completed.

In due course we did complete but this was not without complication, aggravation and hassle. My young daughter who was new to diving ended up being terrified of Kenny who was rude and aggressive. They fortunately brought in Raphael who was absolutely fabulous. I am so disappointed therefore to read a review here by Raphael who says Kenny did not pay him for the 4 months he worked for him. Raphael confirms our concerns that Kenny is not a very good person.

Kenny frequently 'forgot' to bring the right equipment, he was extremely rude and aggressive to one of our party and the worst thing of all, MY 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER RAN OUT OF AIR ON A DIVE requiring her to be fed air from an emergency BCG off another person's tank. This centre is run by an incompetent and unhinged individual.

2  Thank thebasecamp
Indigo D, Owner at Indigo Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are very concerned that upon reflection of your experience with us you are unhappy. As the owner of the dive shop I take full responsibility for the experience of each and every guest and strive to ensure that every experience is not only safe and carefree but also amazing. While I do the majority of pre-booking correspondences, I am not always available to instruct. As we discussed, I’m sorry if there was confusion around this. Courses delayed by events like sea conditions are out of our control.

Also as the owner of this business I take full responsibility for the health, happiness, and wellbeing of my staff, who work together professionally and with love. As with all family-like teams in the age of social media, private disputes can be displayed as public conflict. My staff receive completive wages and benefits and are proud to work together and with me. I began my career in diving cleaning equipment and I have worked in each and every job needed to ensure the success of our team. I have empathy for each member of my staff and have created a strong culture of professional development. I look forward to when one of them, maybe the equipment cleaner, can take over from me. Meanwhile I have learned the hard way that not everyone is ready for increased responsibility.

I do apologize if you did not feel satisfied with your experience. If you are ever in Mauritius again we would be delighted to serve you. We look forward to changing your mind. Please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything more I can do.

With appreciation,

"sea"
"mauritius"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

When booking a diving course with Indigo Divers at Anahita you must be very careful. Make sure that course standards are scrupulously being adhered to. Also make sure that all paper work are done and ask for a record of your training and open water dives be handed to you upon completion of the course.
I know what I am talking about because I was an instructor there and we had had many complaints by guests who did their diving courses and they were still waiting for their cards or logbooks (a couple of months after having completed their course).
The owner who is also a diving instructor focuses too much on how much money he will make from a course and neglects performance requirements.
I have been a 'victim' while working for his dive center. Made me work for 4 full months (August -November 2017) and did NOT pay me a cent for all the courses that i taught while being there.
Instructors and Divemasters be on your guard when dealing with Kenny R. He is a CON MAN

1  Thank Raphael J
Indigo D, Gérant at Indigo Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Mr Raphael thanks you very much for your comment, this will help us in the future to improve our quality service and our professionalism, As from now we will make sure that all Diving Instructor will complete all the PADI requirement forms to be filled and please send us all the complaint of your Student that who has not been Certified and their record form to complete their Certification.

I think our Dive Customer have the right to judge if our company care more about their money or their Safety and happiness.

Our Company today have 2 Passionate Instructor and 2 Divemaster sharing their passion to our Customer on a really good healthy condition and I am sure they are here for a reason and again they have the choice to judge our company.

Kenny R.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

My husband and I did a DSD ( Discovery Scuba Diving) with them, both our first time. The guys were all very helpful and professional. Michael, our instructor, could see my husband was nervous as we were practising in the pool before the dive. He calmed his nerves and reassured him, which was great.
There were also two 10 yr old girls who was being taught by another instructor, called Raphael and he was really great and funny with them and teaching them.
Our dive went really well , Michael kept his eye on us the whole time. If we had more time, would have loved to have done the 3 day course! Great school. Thanks to all the team.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I did my advanced padi on the encouragement of the dive team - taking me on deep and drift dives ! The team were helpful, encouraging and made the experience a fantastic one ! Would highly recommend!