“Terrible takeaway”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 October 2021 via mobile

Ordered a takeaway, they said an hour because they were busy, fine. Got there and they said they'd start cooking it and I was in a queue for that outside on the pavement. Not how to run a takeaway, glad it wasn't raining.

The food is generally alright though but won't order from somewhere that cooks when you arrive with now where to wait/park.

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (164)

Reviewed 30 August 2021 via mobile

We have been coming here now and again for over 10 years and the food is always fantastic; authentic Thai food that is well presented and delicious.

The service however is often quite poor. I have been made to feel rushed here in previous visits but the latest occasion was so bad that sadly I may have to stop recommending to friends and may not visit again.

When we booked the table we were told the restaurant would need the table back after 2 hours - ok, it was a busy Saturday night, that’s fine. But as soon as we were seated it felt like they were keen to get us in and out - started off with small things like not really giving us enough time to consider the menu, then repeatedly and obviously checking to see if we had finished our mains. I could live with that but the worst part was at the end of the meal. We asked to see the desert menu - after asking to order two items we were told very abruptly that ‘the kitchen was too busy’. This was despite us having at least 30 mins of our allotted 2 hours left. How can a restaurant be too busy to serve two deserts??
There were people outside queuing to get in so I can only presume they wanted us out to get more people in. It spoiled what was up to that point a lovely meal.

I’ll go to Henry’s Chinese up the road next time. The food won’t be as good but at least I’ll feel welcome and they won’t be too busy to serve it to me.

Date of visit: August 2021
2  Thank pompey_monkey
Reviewed 28 December 2020 via mobile

Superb Thai food, really lovely staff and a lovely cozy atmosphere. Can't wait to go back when they re-open, in the meantime, their takeaways keep me happy!

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank janers88
Reviewed 29 November 2020 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant a couple of times but this was the first takeaway we have ordered. It was absolutely wonderful. Just as the food is so beautifully presented in the restaurant so was the takeaway. The food was delicious, hot and well packaged. We opted for the set menu B. For ease of ordering. Take out to help out in these difficult times. Thank you.

Date of visit: November 2020
2  Thank 388mania
Reviewed 22 October 2020

I came here recently and it was hands down the best thai food I have had in a long time. I normally don’t write reviews but I feel as though the food was too good to go without a good review. This place was recommended to me by my friends and if you love authentic thai food you need to come to this place. I recommend the mixed starter if you come it was delicious!

Date of visit: October 2020