“Simply...lamb chops...”
Review of Rota dos Sabores

Rota dos Sabores
Ranked #3 of 66 Restaurants in Cabanas
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Description: It is a space with closed room, and discovered interior space (uncovered terrace). The food is typically Portuguese. At lunch and dinner we have the normal menu, summer salads, mixed grilled meat and mixed grilled fish. Some dishes needs request days before. They can make up group lunches or group dinners, with special prices if the menu is previously chosen.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

No longer have words to speak about this restaurant ...
Simply magnificent...
Food that has the taste it should have ...
SIMPLY...

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Food and service were both excellent but beware the portion sizes especially the hot stone steak which must have been well over 400g !

1  Thank Neil W
Reviewed 19 June 2018

My mum and I had the steak on a stone - it was delicious and a huge portion! The service was lovely even though they were super busy. My mums gin and tonic was amazing too.

1  Thank Emma A
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

So apparently we caught them on a rough night and ended up waiting around 1 hour before we got served the main dishes, even though we had a reservation. Staff was friendly but could be more attentive as we were left unattended for a while, at times.

Now for the good part. The tuna was very good and served in big portions. We tried the “chef” tuna (comes with sweet potatoes and covered with an orange sauce made of onions and ginger) and grilled tuna (which we preferred).

Ambience is nice and they have outdoor seating. Overall, we were expecting more of this place but it turned out a nice dinner.

1  Thank Pedro C
Reviewed 12 June 2018

We have been coming to Cabanas for over 10 years, but it was our first time trying Rota dos Sabores! I went there once during the holiday, but the rest of my family loved it so much they went back a second time.

There is great choice and the food is very reasonably priced. I got the steak on the stone and I thought it was lovely. My father got the lamb chops and my mother got the house steak which she has been talking about ever since. We also got 2 deserts to share and would recommend the mousse.

The staff were very friendly offering great recommendations. We had a great waiter with a brilliant sense of humor.

We ate outside in the courtyard with beautiful surroundings, and it is not too far away to stroll down to the main town after to walk off your food!