Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$168
View deal
PricelineUS$168
TripadvisorUS$168
eDreamsUS$168
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Villa Canu for the first two nights of a cycling tour where we stayed at six different 3 star hotels or agritorismos. They were all very nice but Villa Canu was our favourite.
When you first arrive at the pretty front of the hotel, you might think it's a tiny place but there are lots of rooms, (I'd guess about 25) which circle gorgeous little courtyard areas, scattered with olive trees and with a small pool at the very back.
The rooms themselves are a good size and clean, with a big enough and spotless shower room.
The breakfast was one of the best we had during our trip and all of them were good. I'm really surprised to read reviews that say the breakfast was just ok. For a 3 star hotel we thought it was great. The layout of having the self service buffet in the corner was a bit of a pain but if 16 hungry cyclists on a schedule can work it out it, then it can't be that much of a challenge!
There's a wide choice with great quality, including hard boiled eggs, ham, cheese, cereal, fruit, bread, home made jams, croissants and a lot of cake! Cake seems to be popular at breakfast in Sardinia and Villa Canu had a really lovely selection, including a big fresh home made fruit cake every morning which was delicious.
And the coffee. Wow. I thought I knew decent coffee but the Sardinians have elevated my addiction to new levels. Silky smooth and so strong, I always found myself having two cups.
Another thing to mention is the red wine. We enjoyed a couple of glasses from the small bar in the hotel in the evenings. It may have been the surroundings, it may have been the thrill of sitting outside on an early October evening but the wine was fantastic.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I spent 5 very pleasant days in this very nice, well-run hotel. I took a single-room which was large enough for one, very comfortable and good value in the middle of the tourist season. The grounds of the hotel are also very pleasant.

The staff are very welcoming and efficient. The location is very good right in the middle of Cabras and close to many nice restaurant. Overall, an excellent hotel!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2016

I was a single traveller staying at Villa Canu for one week - B&B basis. The hotel does not offer lunch or dinner, but has a partner restaurant a short walk away that is Michelin star rated for several years 2016 included. The breakfast had cereal, fresh fruit and pastry options, and a decent cup of tea! The pool was small, but adequate and very clean. Drinks can be ordered from the bar throughout the day, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. A little gem of a place!

Room tip: I was on the upper floor, so difficult carrying case up. Try and get a ground floor room if this presents a problem for you.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Comfortable, clean and mid range hotel. Nice outdoor courtyard. Helpful staff. Breakfast really let the place down. Whilst food choices ok - and good gluten-free options. But fruit well past its 'sell by date', poor quality fruit juice, crushed self serve bar, with other guests on top of each other. Good coffee though!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2016

The room – we were given a choice of two – was comfortable, the wifi worked, but the best thing about this hotel in a small working town was that once through the doors you entered another world...the rooms were distributed in three (?) small buildings interspersed with sitting areas amply furnished with sunshades, tables and chairs, all leading to a wonderfully refreshing pool with lemon tree, grotto/waterfall and flowers. The overall effect was exceptionally refreshing, especially after having been walking all day. There were bug shields on the windows, but may not have been needed during our visit...a bit early in the season for mosquitos, perhaps. Breakfast included good jam and breads, and local speciality pastries. We had dinner at the restaurant (Caminetto) nearby owned by the same brothers who own the hotel...see separate review.

Room tip: They all looked good to me!
Date of stay: May 2016