“Great location, beautiful barn and lovely people”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Barns

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 31 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Scoph
“Great Cottage shame about the Neighbor!”
Reviewed 29 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

I have stayed at this cottage 3 times, the first 2 trips were great and we all enjoyed ourselves a great deal. The cottage is lovely with a great outdoor space, close to the beach and there is a fab little pub just up the road.
The neighbour (who is also the cleaner) however was rude, aggressive and continually hounded us about the fact she didn't have time to clean up after people as she had another job and how we were recycling wasn't right. We sorted the recycling out twice to how she demanded it be and also followed the instructions within the house yet she persisted, putting everyone on edge. I ended up emailing the landlord with regards to this as we had family with us from America who felt their trip had been ruined as they felt very anxious, I am yet to get a response.
When arriving we cleaned the kitchen as you could see where she had just wiped around things rather than cleaning under them and the downstairs toilet was left with a thick layer of dust (see photos)
Good luck also getting your damage deposit back within the time on the T&C's all three times we have had to continually chase the landlord for the return despite no issues being raised. The last time we stayed the cleaner apparently complained we had left the house in a mess, which we hadn't as we had spent 2 hours cleaning the house including bed linen as we were conscious she 'didn't have time' Knowing that the neighbour is the cleaner I assume she had a bee in her bonnet. The landlord did send photos of the curtain to the back door, which had several splatters of mud on it (bear in mind it was December and it was muddy and raining outside) however I did apologise for this. He also sent a picture of a mattress with a mark on however the bedding for this room was taken off just before leaving and no one had re-entered that room so I would suggest she hadn't checked it before hand.
All in all I am extremely sadden by the distress this trip caused not only myself but family we had over, especially after telling them what a fantastic time we had previously had!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cottage and local beaches
Liked least: The neighbor's rude and aggressive manner
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
26 Feb 2016
I returned your damages deposit in full, as I explained to you, despite some stains on the curtains, bedding and walls, presumably as a result of you bringing FOUR dogs to the house (not permitted) as I did not want your holiday memories spoilt. I am therefore most upset by your comments here. I wish I had taken more time to investigate before returning your deposit as my "rude and aggressive" cleaner has since advised me the dry cleaners have had three attempts and failed to clean the dog mess from the bedding you used and it has now been replaced. Like all properties in Pembrokeshire National Park there are simple rules on recycling which all other guests seem to appreciate and understand without needing any additional help from neighbours. While I welcome all feedback I would like to draw all readers to the overwhelmingly positive reviews. This property remains very heavily booked with new and returning visitors who particularly appreciate the cleanliness of this property and the wealth of garden facilities (zip wires, barbecue, swings; some guests have even been allowed use of their boat and to ride on their horse) and hospitality which incidentally is all provided and maintained by my previously-mentioned neighbours.
tracya727
Phuket
“Great location, beautiful barn and lovely people”
Reviewed 8 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

I would highly recommend this barn. It was a well equipped home from home. Surrounded by beautiful countryside and stunning beaches.

Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
ClareandD...
“fabulous garden activities”
Reviewed 22 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

We literally had to drag ourselves away from the fantastic garden and the zip wires. The children (and adults!) Had so much fun. What a beautiful location, will definitely be back and have recommended to our friends and family

Liked best: the garden
Liked least: unable to connect to WiFi but meant kids didn't have heads in devices
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
16 Apr 2018
I'm really glad you enjoyed the garden facilities! Future guests please note that for safety reasons the zip wires are no longer available. However these have been replaced with a fabulous set of new garden activities!
Helen W
Torfaen, United Kingdom
“Best dog friendly accomodation we have ever stayed in.”
Reviewed 17 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Accomodation was excellent, and an amazing garden. Yes i did have a go on the zip wire!!.Would have liked to stay longer. Would definitely recommend this accomodation.The welcome pack (especially the wine) was a lovely touch.We always travel with our Goldie Jake and this is the best dog friendly accomodation we have ever stayed in.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
16 Apr 2018
Thanks for your superb review! Future guests please note that the zip wires are no longer available. However, we've now supplied lots of new fun activities!
Trish T
Porthcawl, United Kingdom
“Wow!”
Reviewed 21 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

What an amazing place. Myself , sons, their partners and my grandchildren had the absolute pleasure of staying here for the weekend. The barn itself is very well equipped and clean and very comfortable.
The garden!!Massive hit with my adult sons and little ones alike! Zip lines, huge trampoline, lovely swing chair, rope swing, ducks...stream...bridge to the beach...a short walk away. It was brilliant and we all loved every single second!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the garden and the location
Liked least: ummm....cant think of anything we didnt like
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Families with young children
16 Apr 2018
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing