“It's a Shangri-La of Beauty, Love and Comfort...”

Review of Villa Octavius

Dinning Room
Super King Blue Room
Red Room
White Room
Dancing camels bedroom (twin)
Master bathroom
Hammock Tower
Main shaded terrace
Warm evenings
Shaded patio and Hammock Tower
Fire Table lounge under the stars
Ideal place to unwind
Enjoy the sea view from the Fire table lounge
View from the Red Bedroom Balcony
Super yachts in the bay! You have the best view
Enjoy Star filled nights from the Hot Tub
The pool eye
Cozy Jacuzzi seating area
Villa Octavius the ........Hilltop Retreat
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jacquie C
Panama City, Panama
“It's a Shangri-La of Beauty, Love and Comfort that rises up as you drive towards it through a small road”
Reviewed 8 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

Villa Octavius is located in a perfect place. You have mountain, sea… everything right there.
Every corner of the villa is filled with so much attention and detail. You will be impressed every moment.
The beautiful views it offers of Scorpio Island, Nidri and the surroundings is just breathtaking.

We just had our wedding at the villa and it was PERFECT! We were able to have a Greek traditional wedding with live music and fantastic catering. Steve went the extra mile to make sure this day was unforgettable :)

Steve and Monica were extremely attentive to our needs and were wonderful hosts.

If you want to breakout of the traditional sightseeing routine, try any of Steve's trips such as octopus wrestling, boat trips, night in the stars, etc. It will be a unique experience.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The friendship and human kindness we received from Steve. It truly made the difference.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Families with young children
Carriad7
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Holiday!”
Reviewed 19 May 2013 for a stay in October 2012

Villa Octavius is an amazing place to stay! All the reviews are so right. Every detail in the villa is well thought thru. Thanks to Steve our holiday was customised to our needs. He organised great boat trip for us and gave us a huge history & biology lessons. Lefkada is a beautiful island and October was a perfect month to go as it was very quiet and the weather was just so ideal for us (25-30 degrees). You must go and see the church on the top of the mountain! The views are stunning and the feeling of stillness and silence is fabulous. Car rental is recommended as the island is worth exploring. We stayed for a one week and had a very good rest.

We would love to be back!!! However for the same value you can have a Carribean holiday for a week too, therefore it will take some time before we go back there. We definitely highly recommend the place, you will not be disappointed and you will have a magical time. Thank you Steve!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hammock Tower and the view from the villa.
Liked least: Cats around begging for food.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
British-s...
Cowbridge
“A Stylish Gem with stunning views over islands and sea”
Reviewed 11 February 2013 for a stay in October 2012
person found this review helpful

I stumbled upon Villa Octavius by accident with no intent or direction re my destination. It was simply the Villa itself that caught my eye. Soon the enchanting music and beautiful pictures on Villa O's website began to hypnotise and I became a little spellbound. I was looking for a REAL Villa. A Villa with real furniture where I could stretch out in comfort, both inside out. I wanted quality, style and comfort. It certainly looked stylish with unusual detailing but 'paper is patience', a saying translated from Afrikaans.....often things look good but in reality are disappointing. This was a special treat and therefore had to be good, it had to come up to expectations! Villa O is indeed a very special place with an owner who puts his heart and soul into tending it and advising his guests (I also did not fancy the idea of the owner living on site - but it all worked out for the best). I would not hestitate to return to Villa O. It somewhow feels like home. It is extremely clean and well looked after. The welcome pack is over and above what one might normally expect. The takeway restaurants deliver quickly and deliver quality at excellent prices. The fixtures and fittings are quality. The views are as described. There is a sense of calm about the sea and it appears as if a quiet lake. The island itself is manageable and easy to get around. We wanted quiet and a cooler temperature so went in October 2012. We could walk to the main town in about ten mins but a car is a must for exploring the island. For those seeking excitement at the height of the season - there is a huge selection of restaurants. For us it was exactly the out-of-season experience we were searching for - peace and quiet. Steve offers a boat-trip for the day where he plays tour guide. It a must! Do not go to Villa O without taking Steve's day trip around the islands. He is knowledgeable and has years of experience of the island, and many other skills and interests. He puts a lot of effort into making sure Villa O has a lot of added extras both within the Villa (Sonos music system), and outside the villa with the snorkelling, astronomy, etc. The kitchen is a delight. Everything you see on the website is the reality of the experience. The fire-pit! There are candles everywhere for your use. There is a beautifully unusual table on the veranda. It is a special place. I chose this holiday purely based on the Villa and what I thought it could offer. I was not concerned about where it was in the World. It did not disappoint. It stands regal and has commanding views. It is truly a gem amongst Villas and I would not hestiate to return. It already feels like home, somehow and I am loathe to write this review - I am not sure I want my little piece of Heaven discovered by anyone else. My husband and I stayed at Villa O with my brother and sister-in-law and we are all in total agreement re our wonderful experience and might even return this year or at least very soon. Villa O has been built and styled with a lot of thought and love.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The setting on top of hilltop with 360 degree views, peace, and not wanting to go out.
Liked least: Lefkada airport is small, and needs attention to update it and the staff needs to be friendlier
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
vancouver...
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Dream villa in a unique location and hosts with flair and attention to detail.”
Reviewed 27 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

I composed a review praising this holiday , then I checked what previous customers had said only to find that Steve Byfield had already said virtually everything I intended to say : see his review. It is no coincidence that two totally unrelated groups have had such a delightful experience. The Villa has been designed and built from the bare rock up with love and constant attention to detail this continues particularly with the addition of plants and carefully chosen decorations in the grounds.
The other unique strength is local knowledge,where to go, where to eat ,where to buy the best ingredients; in our case that the local taverna was arranging an extra music night with two of the most talented musicians ever.Great food ,great music and a dancing demonstration and lessons from our host made a most memorable evening.
The bottom line is we have booked for next year !

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hosts had anticipated our needs ,they were there when needed invisible when not.
Liked least: Having to leave.
Travelling group: Friends
electricr...
oxford
“In the Lap of the Gods”
Reviewed 15 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

My partner and I booked a week in the Villa Octavius to break up a long cycle journey and invited some friends to join us from the UK. Steve and Monica, who run the villa, organised a transfer for the airport for our friends and met us with warmth on our arrival.
I had e-mailed Steve a few times over the previous month and all my enquires were met with swift replies to my complete satisfaction. As we cycled nearer my expectations had reached such heights, I wondered if the place could live up to the photos on the website.

They were surpassed. The villa is jaw-droppingly beautiful. From the outlook of the hammock tower to the seclusion of the jacuzzi, every area is amazing. We found ourselves at a loss for the first few days as to which area to be in. There is a fantastic sound system throughout the property, and you can have Mozart in the hammocks and Morrissey by the pool.

Inside, every little detail is covered, from wine, water and beer in the fridge on your arrival, to a fully equipped kitchen with more spices and cooking gizmos than in my place at home.

We hired Steve to take us out on a boat trip to go snorkelling in a bat cave, on Jackie O's private island and octopus hunting utilising Steve's knowledge of the area. He also gave us some tips where to hire quad bikes for a ride around the amazing island of Lefkas.

The nearby resort of Nidri may be packed in the summer, but was lazy and warm when we stayed in early October. I can't say much about the place because we spent most of the time in Villa Octavius.

The views are 360 fantastic and there is little reason to go elsewhere. That's the only complaint I have. I didn't do much exploring during our week, because I didn't want to leave.
Cheers Steve and Monica

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The superb views and tasteful decor
Liked least: mosquitoes
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$3 176
/ Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing