Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
adin j

Budget accommodation, you get what you pay for.

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Jun 2019
Room negatives:
-curtain hook was broken but we made a plan to close the curtain by folding it on the rail.
-reception did not give the aircon remote had to go back to ask for one.
-shower door took some effort to open an close, the wheels were broken off the rail.
-tap was leaking had to turn it tight to stop the dripping.
-the mattress plastic cover was not removed so u slept with plastic under ur sheets
-our bottom neighbors were loud an they were many ,we made louder sounds than them to get them to quiet down.
-our room was on the second floor on the corner by the restaurant, the loud music travels into the room if there is a party and the kids were switching on the jumping castle at 7am an u could hear the loud motor in the room
-We requested an extra blanket twice as it can be cold in June at night, this was never provided, we settled for using the single blankets on the bunk beds.
Room positives:
-We were right opposite the restaurant on the corner, we basically had the perfect balcony view to the ocean.
-the balcony made good pics at sunset.
-we could catch the restaurant wifi from the room.
-the shower pressure is lovely
-you can change the shower head settings
-the aircon does really help during the day
Food negatives:
-We ordered the full chicken it was lovely, the next day we ordered the same an got boiled chicken that was put on the grill after, the whole presentation an taste of the chicken was different, that was disappointing that the food is not always the same in certain cases.
Food positives:
-French breakfast is a winner.
-The peri peri they serve is very tasty.
-The breakfast bake beans is lovely, wish they gave more though.

Would I stay there again, probably not but you are right on the beach, the view is lovely. I'm sure you get better value by staying in the houses if u a big group or can afford it. I enjoyed my stay the place served its purpose to fill my stomach an allow rest at night. Ponta is a beautiful place an u should spend more of ur time enjoying the beach and activities and use the resort only for sleeping.
Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
    • ZenHotels.com
    2.1 km from Paraiso do Ouro Resort Budget Accommodation
    Beachfront
    View more hotels in Ponta do Ouro
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 27 May 2019 via mobile

This was an awesome holiday! The accomodation is very low key bud you dont need anything more than this! It is right on an amazing beach and in close proximity to everything you might want. The restaurant also has pretty good food.

1  Thank MoNigrini
    Reviewed 30 April 2019

We stayed here over the weekend and we truly enjoyed it. When we arrived one of the aircon and a TV control were not functioning. I reported to the reception and they fixed it right away, the only issue is that to fix the aircon they had to put a long extension to reach the next room plugging as the other was not working. A bit annoying to have this long cable in the middle of the room's floor. The staff if very helpful and the place is well located!

Date of stay: April 2019
    Reviewed 11 April 2019

Words cannot describe the level of disgust. Nowhere near Budget Accommodation standards. The rooms were dirty with even old pubic hair was on the shower drain that we needed to remove ourselves just to take a shower. The are no ventilation in the room so the stench of mold hit you in the face as you open the door. At the back of the bed are dirty stains of guests leaning their heads against the wall. We were booked for 5 nights, only to stay 3 nights as it was too unbearable. The last night we actually slept in our car. Talking too the owner (Johan & Diane) does not help your case at all. He would assure you that he will sort out the matter and would refund as he does not want to see you unhappy. If you want to sort out your refund there, you have a better chance of becoming the king. The only comment that you will get from the owner is " Either you trust me or you don"t, but I promise I will sort out your refund". His wife who is in charge of the room check would rather say that the rooms are fine and that your complaint seems "Fishy!!!" too her.The local staff are very kind and try to help wherever they can, but are being treated unfairly and have no morale support from the owners nor the facilities to better themselves. It is very, very sad to see. And we actually heard how the owner spoke to the staff over the radio. I will most definitely not recommend Paraiso do Ouro Resort to anyone that I know or going to meet in the near future. Absolutely pathetic!!

Room tip: Ask photos about accommodation or any facility as the website is of no help
    Date of stay: April 2019
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    1  Thank MosselbaaiMarelize
    JohanvJ, Manager at Paraiso do Ouro Resort Budget Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2019

Dear Mr Henk Truter

Thank you for your review: Though I think it is time to tell the truth of what the real issue is. Your Room was clean and inspected before you checked in - All was fine when you paid your key deposit and stayed in your Room. Not once did you report anything to our Receptionist or Bar until the Sunday morning. I also saw your Wife on Saturday Morning at Reception she was friendly and handed your key in for the Room to be served for the day. I greeted her while she was there - she at that point had nothing bad to say. She then left.

The Reason you slept in your car is also known:

You had drinks at the Bar on Saturday night and misbehaved, made racial defamatory remarks to my staff and spoke loud and aggressive, you then left the Resort went out with your car to other Bar's came back in the early hours of Sunday morning, you were totally intoxicated to the extend that Security could not even wake you up.

It is so strange that at about 4 the Sunday Morning you had coffee with you wife on the Beach made in the same "dirty" Room - you did go to the same room "Dirty Shower" to shower.

When I met you at about 8h00 you were still smelling of Alcohol - You then proceeded to tell me about 2 things: pubic hair was in the shower drain and a mark on the wall.

I told you that I will investigate it and even offered you a free upgrade to a self catering house (very nice) - you clearly had other plans or wanted to get out of Mozambique. Diane with 3 other managers inspected the room and could find nothing wrong???? You were trying to get some money from us?? "Refund" - We were full the Weekend with a lots of people who all enjoyed their stay with us with lots of compliments??? Your sudden unhappiness; I seriously fail to understand.

We really try our best for everyone of our guests and have many happy customers returning - unfortunate we are not prepared to be intimidated by people who can not behave themselves and then try to extort money from us for their wrongdoings - Thank you. Let the truth be told!

Reviewed 17 March 2019 via mobile

I would 100% recommend a stay here. Some friends and I went here and I can wholeheartedly say that it was a brilliant experience. The stay was very pleasant and the view is beautiful, if you're considering vacationing in Mozambique I definitely recommend going here.

Reviewed 17 March 2019 via mobile

Hey me and my bestfriends was there at Paraiso du oura and it was just so fun. It was just so beautiful and mindblowing there. It was one of my best vacations i ever had. I would like to go back again BECAUSE it was just so much fun. And the people there was so friendly. I think that it is one of the best places to visit for a vacation. And me and my friends enjoyed every moment of it.