US$49
T Hotel(Tawau)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$17
  • Room Service
All reviewsscuba junkiedive sitesmabul beach resortturtle hatcheryfishwell oiled machinemarine lifefun divesbuffet stylevip roomgreen turtlesgreat divebig thankslocal communitydevil raysmy advanced open waterbeach clean ups
Reviewed 3 June 2017

Long long overdue review. Dived here back in August 2016 and it was a great experience. I'll keep it brief so the key points:

- Diving: wonderful, varied diving around Mabul and Kapalai (great macro) and of course, Sipadan (pelagic heaven). All the divemasters were very professional, friendly and knowledgeable. Despite there being a lot of divers due to the size of the operation it still felt personable which is a credit to everyone who works there.

No issues with equipment and never any confusion, always knew where I was going, who I was diving with well in advance.

- Accomodation: Resort is clean and beautiful, stayed in the dorm which was spacious enough.

- Food: pretty banging to be honest. Varied and tasty and always with plenty of options. Buffet style which was perfect for my backpacker self. Gorged.

Overall best thing I can say about it is that I've already decided to return.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

7 years ago got my open water here, came back to check again and found even better service! Great rooms, dive shop is big, but efficient, guides are awesome and gear is well maintained. Food could be better. A place to stay and dive if you want to visi Sipadan.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Can't speak highly enough about Scuba Junkie - we did their 4 day / 3 night package and would gladly have stayed longer if we could! The accommodation is great, the food is delicious (and in plentiful supply) and the staff are incredibly helpful and organised. Every thing is taken care of for you - all you really have to do is show up and dive! Must give a special mention to Amanda behind reception who made sure everything ran as smoothly as possible for us and a big shout out must also go to Kai who was our guide for most of the week. He was brilliant, great fun, always smiling and also a thorough professional in what he did when diving. The four dive day on Sipidan is of course the highlight of the trip but we were also taken to a different dive site on each of our other 9 dives and none of them disappointed - seeing everything from aggressive titan triggerfish to huge green turtles, tiny nudi branches, a tornado of trevally and a 2m long sea snake...all before we ever reached Sipidan! What I liked about Scuba Junkie was their dedication to the maintenance of this special place - they run educational programmes with the local fishing villages, have a turtle hatchery and run a fantastic programme where local youths get sponsored to progress all the way to dive masters. These dive masters in training accompany the dive masters each day and as a result in our group of four divers we had a fully qualified dive master at the front and a dive master apprentice at the rear. Very reassuring on the off-chance that anything were to go awry. Thanks to Scuba Junkie for making our trip so memorable and a special thanks for allowing me to see (and swim with) sharks in the open ocean --- an experience and a feeling I won't forget!

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

The transfer to the island was well organized on the way back we had a delay, but it was still ok, cause our flight wasnt leaving till 9pm. Our stay on the island was phenomenal. The diving was really professional and they made groups of only 3 people and the divemaster which was great. We felt enormously safe all the time. and they where so flexibel in adding dives and changing plans. The staff was great, the food was really good and our bungalow was simply amazing. We'd highly recommend staying there while exploring Mabul. It is pricy but its worth every penny. the only thing they can improve is the cleanness of the bathrooms in the commen areas, they wherent great.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend just spent 6 days on the island diving and I did my AOW. We had the most amazing time and can't thank you ALL enough. A huge effort goes into each day to make it run very smooth from the yummy food from the best kitchen staff to the dive masters and reception and boat captains...the list goes on! You are all wonderful.

We found that booking with you was great. We gave you an idea of what we wanted and you sorted the rest and everybody knows exactly who you are and what you have booked on the island and always happy to help with anything.

Our room was huge, the beach is nice and the food hall and bar are all great social spaces we loved. It is a shame about the rubbish but the couple who are trying everything to sort it are doing great. We done a beach clean with them and hope all the divers continue to help!

My AOW course was lots of fun. I loved learning and diving off the jetty and my instructor Asmil was really great, and took the time to sit with us at night and do log books and chat about diving/life. All the dive masters are amazing like that. Thank you all.

We really enjoyed all the diving - especially Sipidan. I can go on forever about how much fun we had and that's thanks to everybody at Scuba Junkie. What a great team.

Thanks again