Villa Voyage is located at Sandy Bay (if I recall correctly) which has a great view of the Devil's Tears on the left of the bay.
Crashing waves offer a dramatic view daily. We were advised not to go swimming out in the bay but a few of us still decided to check it out on one of the days when the tide and waves were ok for swimming/snorkelling/freediving. I wouldn't recommend swimming there unless you're a strong swimmer (we didn't see anyone else swimming out there during our stay), but I thoroughly enjoyed our 30 minutes out in the bay with a little overhang on the right of the bay which you can swim under (not too much of an issue for surfers or freedivers). Do wear booties or water shoes as the entry points there are rocky.
Sunsets on the beach right in front of the villa were brilliant.
We were there in December which is supposed to be the rainy season, but apart from the one day which was mostly rained out, the showers were intermittent - we could have been really lucky. Being cautious about having bad weather for whole trip, we took the first opportunity after a short rain to walk to the Devil's Tears. There are rock pools there, with a few blowholes about, and these are probably the best sights you'll have, and shouldn't miss, on Lembongan.
There are 5 rooms with 4 of them in the main villa (the rooms on the 2nd floor had the best views and are the most spacious ones with balconies, whilst the master bedroom had a huge bathroom area and bathtub) with the last standalone room near the entrance to the villa.
The villa's amenities were good and there were 2 bluetooth portable speakers UE Boom and Bose Soundlink (music is crucial for us) which we were able to bring around everywhere in the villa.
The staff were also spot on with the cleaning, quick with the provision of beach/pool towels when they saw us ready to jump into the pool (saltwater - I imagine it must be difficult to have the amount of fresh water transported there and most if not all of the pools in Lembongan are probably saltwater pools), and always ready to make your stay there as comfortable as possible. There are also floats for kids and adults alike to properly lounge in the pool.
The inhouse chef makes good Indonesian cuisine - we're fussy with our food as with most Singaporeans but we enjoyed the Indonesian food on offer. Just next to the villa is a beach club which we ordered take out for one of our dinners during our stay, and they serve decent western food - pizzas and the like.
Special mention has to go to Made, the manager of the villa, who was everpresent without ever being intrusive. Every detail was taken care of for all of us - we've stayed in many villas in bali previously but Made was absolutely first class and definitely impressed us with his care for the guests, and for me at least, was the best manager I've encountered to-date.
I didn't given a 5-star rating for our stay for two reasons: (1) it stormed overnight on our first night, and water leaked from the roof into the two 2nd floor rooms. I informed Made of this the next morning, since the water actually leaked onto one of the beds and a couple of us obviously didn't sleep well. This was probably a one-off as it was a proper storm that night, and we didn't have any issues the rest of our stay. I do think however that the waterproofing for the roofs should be improved. (2) there were a few electrical sockets which jut out from the floor in the living room area - to me this are design flaws, as it could cause guests to trip on them. One of these floor sockets was also not properly installed/protected and caused a mild shock to one of our friends who accidentally touched it. This is a safety issue which I believe definitely has to be rectified, but knowing Made, he will or has probably already taken steps to sort this out with the villa owners.
All in all, we definitely enjoyed our stay here and if we do return to Lembongan in a big enough group as we did this time, we would definitely stay here again.
Very kind staff and great service! Always available and ready to help with anything. Nice view! Love the ambience of the living room too. Thankyou villa voyage we're all so happy :)
Our first impression of the villa was one of awe, after all, we were greeted with the view of Devil's Tear at our doorstep. It's a spectacular sight.
It pretty much goes downhill from there.
1. Our biggest gripe with Villa Voyage has much to do with the discovery that the water source in the taps are NOT fresh water, but sea water, or at the very least, water tainted with sea water. We wondered if it might be the lack of proper fresh water piping throughout the island itself, but friends who have previously visited said that the accommodations they stayed at had fresh water in the taps, and we pretty much confirmed this when every establishment we went to had fresh water not sea water. Even the makeshift shower at the surf shack we went to had fresh water! We walked around the villa and did not notice any fresh water tanks (similar to the ones we saw at other establishments round Nusa Lembongan). We would be happy to receive a response from the Villa Management team on this. For us, it is completely unacceptable to publicize yourself as a luxury villa, without the basic fixtures of fresh water running out of your taps.
2. Sticky Floors - probably a consequence of using sea/salt water to be cleaning the entire villa, that no matter where we walked, everything felt sticky. Which was puzzling because at various times of our stay, we would see the villa staff busy cleaning/mopping the floor, and our only explanation could be that because they're cleaning the floor with sea/salt water, regardless of how often they clean it, it will STILL be sticky.
3. Pool - Again, not chlorine but sea water. This is probably not an issue for most but it was also quite deep, most of us stand above 1.6m but had to constantly tip toe in the pool.
4. The two bedrooms on the top level had leaky taps issues - one bedroom had a leaky faucet which the team tried to fix but still persisted. Second bedroom had a leaky showerhead, which made it sound like someone was consistently in the shower.
5. State of bedding - Pillows were too soft, there were not enough pillow, some of the pillow were dirty and with no cases, even big square sitting pillows were used. We understand if it might have been difficult to accommodate 13 people in a 10 person villa, but our booking was made more than 2-3 months in advance of our stay, and we were charged for the additional 3 people. Surely the necessary living arrangements would have been made to accommodate all 13 of us comfortably. Some of the spare beds were only given thin sheets as blankets, and when we requested for blankets, we were told these were all there were at the villa.
6. I would be remiss to criticise any of the villa team on site, they really did try their best, and Pak Made (the villa manager) really did try to accommodate our requests but we believe these are maintenance issues beyond his control and something the owners of Villa Voyage REALLY need to address. After all, the staff can't give us more pillows/blankets if there are none, nor can they immediately install fresh water tanks at source. We rated the villa 2 stars just for the service we received from the staff.
Their website states that Villa Voyage offers a once-in-a-lifetime experience, they're not wrong, we definitely won't be back, once in a lifetime was enough for us.
The views are spectacular, but really, not much else was.
Villa Voyage, Nusa Lembongan is a 4+1 bedroom upmarket absolute beachfront villa. 4 Bedrooms are in the main villa with 3 having sea view. There is a bedroom in the annex in the garden.
We were 11 (8 adults and 3 children) who travelled to Lembongan. We had a ball of a time at the villa. The villa has a nice sized pool, nice living room and dining room (not air conditioned - it would have been great to have that during mid day, when it gets hot. The deck areas were absolutely super. While overall, I would rate the villa a 4+, there were a few maintenance issues and a rat to deal with a couple of nights.
Pak Made, the villa manager is an absolute delight. I believe there is nothing he said no to and was ever available to assist us and guide us, organising motorbikes, boat rides, return tickets and and other island visits. I think by himself he makes up for all the minor glitches in the villa.
The cook was average by our standards, especially since he was cooking at an upmarket villa. I am not sure whether he did not have access to ingredients, was limited in cuisine and menu options - though he did try to please us. Breakfast was never a problem, we did struggle a bit for a couple of other meals. But he too was always happy to cook anytime and always. The other staff and security were always there in the background, ensuring the villa was maintained clean, we had clean towels, beds turned down/up etc. They turned up when needed and disappeared into the background leaving us to our privacy.
Overall a great stay.. nice villa, superior views.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|
We had a wonderful stay at villa Voyage. The villa layout is perfect for entertainment with a fantastic outdoor deck area, decor was tastefully done and view on sandy bay beach/Devil's point is breathtaking. The rooms are spacious, Sam the villa chef at the time cooked great indonesian dishes and the staff were helpful. Sandy Beach Club is right next door so it's convenient. The only drawback is the beach is not swimmable (quite trecherous) but there is Dream beach about 5 minutes away.
Nusa Lembongan is a perfect quiet get away from Bali and diving/snorkeling is fantastic there.