“Sunday lunch ”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

WOW. We found this place by doing a Google search for local pubs.
We were so impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the layout.
We were most impressed with the food. Some of the best food we have had in a long time.
The very best home cooked Sunday lunch with all the trimmings served piping hot.

1  Thank Heather A

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A great little place for a bite to eat with the family. Lovely helpful staff, great food, extensive menu, welcoming fire and they welcome walkers straight of the trail with all the mud that comes with it.
This is the second time for us at the Vaynol Arms and again we absolutely loved the food, between us (family of 4) we had chicken curry and the lamb burgers, really lovely food and reasonably priced.
Definitely go again next year!

1  Thank PatRoe
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited twice whilst staying in the area - would definitely feck mend a visit. We went for a Sunday afternoon dinner and had the chicken and leek pie and my wife had the beef suet pudding . Both were great with plenty of veg and lovely gravy. Then yesterday we both had the Tuesday steak offer, beautifully cooked and great value. Owner and staff were very welcoming and made you feel like a local. If you're in the area pay the Vaynol Arms a visit!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Recently visited here with my boyfriend on our first visit to wales we were greeted a blonde lady I’m assuming was the owner who was really friendly - restaurant area was clean and had its own quaint atmosphere ordered garlic bread for starters which arrived in 10 mins we then both had steak cooked rare which is exactly how it arrived and honestly the best peppercorn sauce I’ve tasted! We both left with full belly’s! As it was our first visit to wales we wanted a little momento and the staff were lovely enough to write me thank you and you’re welcome in welsh to take home! We will definitely be returning on our next visit thank you!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Called in without a booking and luckily there was s free table for me. Lovely friendly staff and they had Trooper beer on ! Great start !
The roast trio was delicious and lots of it ! Too full to have dessert . Have already booked to go again in a couple of weeks !! After living in the area 18 years I finally discover I have a really decent local pub !!!