Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
OMW23
Woodford, United Kingdom

This is not a 5 star premium holiday

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 May 2024via mobile
Terrible experience, took toddlers skiing in the pouring rain on the first day and we’re all screaming. cancelled learn to ski course due to bad first day and sent on a wild goose chase around the hotel to get a refund for equipment that was never given back to us. Put stuff on our bill that shouldn’t have been included in learn to ski package and we were accused of lying. asked for bath mat 1&3 year old for from reception as bath so sloppy 5 times and it never arrived. No reception staff hardly spoke English or could help when you wanted anything. no information on arrival on kids club or learn to ski courses. Really isn’t a 5 start hotel. Breakfast all the tables are dirty and they don’t bother to clean them. One morning at 8.30 every table around us was dirty. No child seat provided for our 3 hour return trip to the airport and had 1 and 3 year olds on our laps the whole way. Cleaning service was terrible, stained carpets in room, cheap fittings and fixtures, Had already booked for next year and after our terrible experience told them we didn’t want to return and asked for our deposit back and club med have refused to give us our £350 back even though we had a horrible holiday with them. Would never travel with them again.
Date of stay: March 2024
Room Tip: Don’t go
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviews (2 703)
2 706 results
2 188
2 188
All reviews exclusive collection gourmet restaurant ski room ski instructor chef de village family experience facilities were top notch main restaurant housekeeping team quiet lounge ski school amazing week summer holiday ski resort geneva airport families with kids restaurant staff
Selected filters
1 - 6 of 2 706 reviews
Reviewed 28 April 2024 via mobile

As other reviewers have mentioned a sick bug had a major detrimental impact on all of my family and WITHOUT EXCEPTION, every other family who was there.

I spoke to the general manager who advised that it happens in every school holiday and that it starts in the crèche - brilliant!

It is clear that the hotel has just accepted the fate of their guests and are unwilling to do much about it - other than a marginally pathetic attempt to reduce infection by getting restaurant staff to wear plastic gloves.

All in all the hotel was what you would expect from clubmed. Ok food, decent entertainment and overcrowded ski classes (until the majority fell to the dock bug.

Room tip: Don’t go during school holidays
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Avinagoodtime
Reviewed 23 April 2024

Wonderful stay in this luxury resort ! We appreciated the location, right on the slopes, the food and the village atmosphere thanks to the dynamics G.O.s, especially Lucas the animation supervisor! I strongly recommend it for families or friends

Date of stay: March 2024
1  Thank Leopol4v
Reviewed 21 April 2024

I have no words to express my happiness at being able to be in this Club Med Village! Everything perfect, impeccable! Amazing food, entertainment, hospitality! Thank you to the whole team! Special thanks to Jonas from the Bar, Juliana and Karla from reception, Rafaela from Boutique and Village Chef Gilles!! It was beautiful and unforgettable! ❤️

Room tip: Amazing experience!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2024

I loved this hotel and everything about it, HOWEVER you need to appreciate the hotel is unable to cope with an outbreak of Norovirus. In peak season with winterbugs.... good luck if you are visiting.

My husband returned from a week in another branch only two weeks ago in March (La Rosiere) where multiple group members were sick with norovirus, and he warned me its been a problem with the resort all season. I had my suspicions and felt hesitant about the upcoming trip to Club med panorama, but i kept an open mind.

Of course we checked in on Sunday, and by Monday night we both had contracted norovirus (fever, diarrhoea and vomiting). It ruined the week. Out of our group of 17, 12 of us caught it like dominoes all week, including children, even on the long journey home. After talking to other guests from our classes, (22 families) of the 85 of us, 65 of us had suffered from the virus (data was collected by another guest by email).

It was really miserable, and unpleasant to hear and see what everyone was going through. Everyone had either had it, or had someone in the family that got hit by it. What a depressing atmosphere to be on holiday on? We missed out on good memories and quality time with our friends, as our group got sick over the week. It was quite stressful for all of us.

What annoyed me is that the reception staff said smugly "only 40 people have it", i think that should raise a bit more concern that the hotel doesn't really care that "only" 40 can turn into 100-400 very quickly as it probably did the week i was there. It is so contagious, it doesn't take an epidemiologist or mathematician to work that out. They offered no discount on your ski pass, lessons, the fact you spent two days in bed, missed out on entertainment, food and alcohol that you have paid for.... and then more time away from skiing due to family and friends getting sick.

If you read another review from April, the guest said "the nurse said it was even worse the week before". No wonder why we contracted it so quickly. The fact she said this and yet another week goes by with more people getting sick just shows the ignorance of senior management.

Since my husband had a similar experience in La Rosiere only a few weeks before, its really a Club med management issue on a large scale. They need to re-think their protocols and invest into public safety measures better. They don't have the staff numbers to keep cleaning and disinfecting the high traffic areas, especially in peak season. I appreciate it is hard for any company to control. Since this seems to be a repeating pattern (read the 1 star and 2 star reviews over the last few years of a few of the club meds) the company need to rethink about their protocols. I have seen buffet restaurants in the carribean change their concepts to "served buffets" post covid, there are ways of doing this but it needs investment and serious thought to make an effort to protect your guests.

In that particular week there should have been an excess of cleaning staff on each floor, one dedicated staff per toilet, others constantly wiping down elevator buttons with bleach at each use, cleaning the finger printed mirrors with bleach where children touch, the high traffic areas like the leather sofas in the theatre after the 5pm apres festivities, perhaps changing the ladles in the buffet restaurant every half hour etc etc, quarantine areas of the hotel for deep cleaning. There were staff handing out sanitising gel at the restaurant, but I don't think that kills norovirus anyhow? The week was not relaxing as a result, and I grew sick and tired of worrying that my children were going to contract it next; tired of constantly forcing them to wash their hands 30 times per day.

Ski lessons - On a separate note, my ski class had on average 11-13 people in it everyday, less when people were sick with norovirus. Even other groups had this many, we all noticed, I heard one instructor saying that he cant take any more as he already had 15! So if you think you are going to get good ski lessons, its virtually impossible with number of people, in fact you are more likely to collide with a group member skiing around in groups this large - this happened to me, and I chose not to go the next day, it was not fun.

General room cleaning - is VERY LIGHT. Given that my husband and me were both ill, i would have liked the room deep cleaned, every wall and surface wiped with bleach. I really did not want my children to get ill too.
Even when we first entered the room at check-in you can see splash marks and other stains on the walls, in the bathroom on the paint - the rooms are not deep cleaned between guests. One day after the cleaner had been in and done the rooms, I had to call reception to get the room hoovered (my toddler had left visible cracker crumbs) - its not a daily part of the cleaning routine. This is not what you expect from a 4* hotel (esp with a virus!), it was more like a chalet-type simple clean.

Room tip: Sad to say... be careful when there is a virus going around.
2  Thank nez97
Reviewed 18 April 2024

The hotel is lovely, new, clean, going skiing is very convenient, the room service is excellent, the food is delicious, the massage is excellent, but most of all I want to praise Johanna from the clinic, she is charming, very helpful, professional and took excellent care of me after I injured my hand 💗🙏