Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mariana
Belo Horizonte, MG

AMAZING!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Apr 2024
I have no words to express my happiness at being able to be in this Club Med Village! Everything perfect, impeccable! Amazing food, entertainment, hospitality! Thank you to the whole team! Special thanks to Jonas from the Bar, Juliana and Karla from reception, Rafaela from Boutique and Village Chef Gilles!! It was beautiful and unforgettable! ❤️
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Amazing experience!
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviews (2 695)
2 695 results
2 177
2 177
All reviews exclusive collection gourmet restaurant ski room ski instructor chef de village family experience facilities were top notch main restaurant housekeeping team quiet lounge ski school amazing week summer holiday ski resort geneva airport families with kids restaurant staff
Selected filters
4 - 9 of 2 695 reviews
Reviewed 19 April 2024

I loved this hotel and everything about it, HOWEVER you need to appreciate the hotel is unable to cope with an outbreak of Norovirus. In peak season with winterbugs.... good luck if you are visiting.

My husband returned from a week in another branch only two weeks ago in March (La Rosiere) where multiple group members were sick with norovirus, and he warned me its been a problem with the resort all season. I had my suspicions and felt hesitant about the upcoming trip to Club med panorama, but i kept an open mind.

Of course we checked in on Sunday, and by Monday night we both had contracted norovirus (fever, diarrhoea and vomiting). It ruined the week. Out of our group of 17, 12 of us caught it like dominoes all week, including children, even on the long journey home. After talking to other guests from our classes, (22 families) of the 85 of us, 65 of us had suffered from the virus (data was collected by another guest by email).

It was really miserable, and unpleasant to hear and see what everyone was going through. Everyone had either had it, or had someone in the family that got hit by it. What a depressing atmosphere to be on holiday on? We missed out on good memories and quality time with our friends, as our group got sick over the week. It was quite stressful for all of us.

What annoyed me is that the reception staff said smugly "only 40 people have it", i think that should raise a bit more concern that the hotel doesn't really care that "only" 40 can turn into 100-400 very quickly as it probably did the week i was there. It is so contagious, it doesn't take an epidemiologist or mathematician to work that out. They offered no discount on your ski pass, lessons, the fact you spent two days in bed, missed out on entertainment, food and alcohol that you have paid for.... and then more time away from skiing due to family and friends getting sick.

If you read another review from April, the guest said "the nurse said it was even worse the week before". No wonder why we contracted it so quickly. The fact she said this and yet another week goes by with more people getting sick just shows the ignorance of senior management.

Since my husband had a similar experience in La Rosiere only a few weeks before, its really a Club med management issue on a large scale. They need to re-think their protocols and invest into public safety measures better. They don't have the staff numbers to keep cleaning and disinfecting the high traffic areas, especially in peak season. I appreciate it is hard for any company to control. Since this seems to be a repeating pattern (read the 1 star and 2 star reviews over the last few years of a few of the club meds) the company need to rethink about their protocols. I have seen buffet restaurants in the carribean change their concepts to "served buffets" post covid, there are ways of doing this but it needs investment and serious thought to make an effort to protect your guests.

In that particular week there should have been an excess of cleaning staff on each floor, one dedicated staff per toilet, others constantly wiping down elevator buttons with bleach at each use, cleaning the finger printed mirrors with bleach where children touch, the high traffic areas like the leather sofas in the theatre after the 5pm apres festivities, perhaps changing the ladles in the buffet restaurant every half hour etc etc, quarantine areas of the hotel for deep cleaning. There were staff handing out sanitising gel at the restaurant, but I don't think that kills norovirus anyhow? The week was not relaxing as a result, and I grew sick and tired of worrying that my children were going to contract it next; tired of constantly forcing them to wash their hands 30 times per day.

Ski lessons - On a separate note, my ski class had on average 11-13 people in it everyday, less when people were sick with norovirus. Even other groups had this many, we all noticed, I heard one instructor saying that he cant take any more as he already had 15! So if you think you are going to get good ski lessons, its virtually impossible with number of people, in fact you are more likely to collide with a group member skiing around in groups this large - this happened to me, and I chose not to go the next day, it was not fun.

General room cleaning - is VERY LIGHT. Given that my husband and me were both ill, i would have liked the room deep cleaned, every wall and surface wiped with bleach. I really did not want my children to get ill too.
Even when we first entered the room at check-in you can see splash marks and other stains on the walls, in the bathroom on the paint - the rooms are not deep cleaned between guests. One day after the cleaner had been in and done the rooms, I had to call reception to get the room hoovered (my toddler had left visible cracker crumbs) - its not a daily part of the cleaning routine. This is not what you expect from a 4* hotel (esp with a virus!), it was more like a chalet-type simple clean.

Room tip: Sad to say... be careful when there is a virus going around.
2  Thank nez97
Reviewed 18 April 2024

The hotel is lovely, new, clean, going skiing is very convenient, the room service is excellent, the food is delicious, the massage is excellent, but most of all I want to praise Johanna from the clinic, she is charming, very helpful, professional and took excellent care of me after I injured my hand 💗🙏

Reviewed 11 April 2024

Just a note to say how excellent the staff at the Infirmiere were on our stay. Johanna and Dr Chopin went above and beyond for our family, with the Doctor kindly attending to my daughters to write their medical certificates even after he had clocked off for the day. Nurse Johanna also was very friendly and attentive and helped me strap up my knee after a pulled ligament. I think many people forget to leave a review about the medical staff, with trips to the infirmary not being a highlight of their trip per se, but I wanted to make special mention of these staff as they were kind, friendly and professional and a real credit to this club med facility.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2024

This was our second Club Med Ski (we went to Tignes last year (spoiler alert, it's better than Les Arcs - go there instead)).
The hotel is fine, the food is great, childcare is good. Usual Club Med fare.
But two major problems (i) vomiting bug. Kids being sick everywhere - we saw two on the floor of the buffet and many, many families had kids being sick. The nurse told us it was even worse the week before, which suggests a hygiene issue to me and (ii) so many torn ACLs in the resort (including mine). This wouldn't normally be the hotel's problem, unless the hotel also fits all the bindings! In the week I was there, six people (at least) tore their ACL. The major cause of this is bindings failing to release when they should. My binding did not release = torn ACL. Same story for all the other injured people I spoke to. If you don't know, a torn ACL is at least a nine month recovery, including surgery, so this is a major problem. Also, the hotel don't include the basic insurance on the lift passes that they sell to their customers! So, on a £14K holiday, they saved EUR50 or so per person and didn't add insurance. When lots of the guests are then badly injured because of an error in the ski room, and need to be taken down the mountain with no insurance - again, a major problem.
I've tried to sort this out with Club Med after the holiday and they do not care. At least ten days between each email response. Very poor service and lack of compassion.
So, overall, I'd say good hotel, good childcare, good food, but is that worth nine months of injury because their ski room staff don't set bindings correctly?! You be the judge of that.....

Date of stay: February 2024
1  Thank I3388QXkatiec
Reviewed 8 April 2024 via mobile

Great if you are happy to let your children run totally wild - even feral (that you would never allow at home) while you get totally blotto on the free alcohol !! Good food and great skiing, but not a relaxing holiday - basically Butlins on speed!! (and not cheap).

Date of stay: March 2024