2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreamsUS$206
PricelineUS$206
TripadvisorUS$206
ZenHotels.com
Agoda.com
StayForLong
All reviews roaring fire main hall dining rooms afternoon tea beautiful hotel country house hotel christmas tree grand hall sandwiches meringue lamb shank kippers comfortable sofas huge open fire the main hotel first class nothing is too much trouble
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 May 2021

I booked afternoon tea for my wife's birthday on Monday 24th of May. We arrived just before 3 for our 3 o'clock booking. We were welcomed from the moment we came through the door. Monday was a cold wet day but the sitting room where we sat until our food was ready had a lovely log fire going. This is my second visit to the hotel but I still looked in amazement at the lovely décor. We were then brought through to the dinning room and placed at a window table with a lovely view of the garden. The lovely sandwiches, scones and cakes arrived along with the tea and coffee. All the sandwiches were generously filled, lovely presented and tasted great. The scones were certainly prize winning and probably best I have tasted and they were freshly made. The cakes again were all beautifully presented and all tasted amazing. Anything you cannot manage can be taken home and they provide a box to take it. All in all a great experience. The staff treat you well and know when to come and top up your tea and coffee but also respect your privacy. We will be back for another special occasion in our lives.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 23 May 2021

Great stay - Owner and all staff very nice all staff very welcoming - rooms very high standard loved our 4 poster bed - Evening Dinner and breakfast 1st class will hopefully manage another long weekend soon

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2021

The hotel was warm and comfortable and both breakfast and dinner were excellent. Staff were very professional. The dogs enjoyed their walks around the beautiful and quiet grounds. We will return as soon as possible!

Reviewed 7 May 2021

I stayed a night here with my partner. Once checked in, we walked through a door from reception into the main sitting area with people lounging about and a roaring fire. It seemed a bit staid and daunting at first. We walked through this and went upstairs, being taken to our lovely room with a four poster bed.

Once settled in we sat in the sitting area and were quickly served tea by the friendly staff. This is when we started to realise the charms of this unusual place. We also then walked around the grounds and got a taste of life for those who originally lived here in different times.

We caught onto the atmospheric lounge area being the focus of everything. You come and sit down and then you are served what you want. In the evening, we wanted dinner and after initially sitting in the lounge area, we were taken to the atmospheric dining room where we savoured the high quality food that was served by smiling staff who took the time to talk.

We had a very comfortable night in our four poster bed with excellent views, from the bed, of the Angus countryside through the large window.

In the morning we again sat in the lounge and were then taken for a breakfast that was of a very high quality. It was further enhanced by a very patient staff member who managed to laugh as my partner struggled to make her choices.

We savoured the very tasty breakfast with a smile on our face as a result.

I will savour the memories of our visit and find myself wanting to revisit this atmospheric, friendly and unusual place with members of my family who loved the pictures that I shared with them.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2021 via mobile

Had an amazing few days/nights at The Lands of Loyal this week! Scenery was beautiful with mindful walks. Evening dinner and breakfast all room service but so tastefully well executed. Just what I needed to relax during these strange times... Amazing and I’ll definitely be back! Sooner the better!! Many thanks to the lovely staff.

Date of stay: April 2021