All reviews kitley house murder mystery cream tea stately home long driveway wedding venue scones grounds are stunning log fire some tlc standard room four poster bed top floor sunday lunch lovely location cooked breakfast churchill suite
Reviewed 28 June 2018

stayed for 1 night for hubby's 70th birthday.Hotel has been refurbished ,keeping the unique history & ambience of the area.Splendid gardens & stunning lakeside walks through natural woodland.Excellent dining & award winning breakfasts.A secluded paradise only short distance from Newton Ferris & Plymouth.A stunning wedding venue & open to the public for lunches & dinners & scrumptious afternoon teas!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Twice I have been for afternoon tea, both times pre-booked, and twice I have been bitterly disappointed. On both occasions dietary requirements were pre-arranged and assurances given by the chef that gluten free options could be accommodated. First visit I received no food at all as I'd been forgotten about and was left with only a cup of tea and the second visit I was served scones which had been bought in and which were served completely raw in the middle. On both occasions the experience was ruined and I was left feeling hungry. How hard is it to make a scone?!! Will not be returning. Dreadful.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Fabulous large stone house set in the wonderful Devon country side down by the river Yealm. We were shown to a large and airy dining room with elevated views over gardens and the river....large windows, lots of original features, generous sized table with crisp white cloth, comfy chairs and a attentive friendly waitress ....all made our afternoon tea rather special.
All the food was delicious, made in the hotel....couldn't fault it.
Very relaxed and a fabulous thing to do for a special event.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2018

On driving to the Hotel I was little concerned at the rough road, but realised later this is a good thing it keeps others out.

If you want a town hotel with the noise of traffic, concrete, lost of people carry on down the A38 to Plymouth, if you want peace, space, clean comfortable airey, rooms with a fantastic view this is the place, then theres the food and the B fast superb and the staff, what can I say other than it was the first time I have ever left a tip with Reception when leaving in the morning.

Apparently they were busy the night I stayed, there were certainly plenty of cars on the carpark, but it all works so well that it did not seem busy at all.

Room Tip: You will be spoiled for choice
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We visited on the spur of the moment and got a very reasonable room rate for three adults. Having read the reviews we were not expecting the room to be brilliant but what a surprise! Our room on the top floor, accessed through many doors and a couple of flights of stairs, is brilliant. In fact it is two rooms. The main double with an adjoining room with two beds. Admittedly the views are restricted, but who sits in a bedroom looking out the window?!

The bathroom is nice and clean, with a good shower, better than many hotels we have stayed. My 6’2” son also commented that the shower was nice and high!

The grounds are beautiful, with lovely walks and views. We enjoyed sitting on the terrace sampling the extensive range of gins and rums. We had a superb, and reasonably priced meal in the restaurant.

The staff are friendly and helpful. And everyone is right about the driveway!

All in all an excellent stay. I would highly recommend Kitley House Hotel and will be coming back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
KitleyHotel-GM, Manager at Kitley House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Dear KtK2,

Thank you for your comments.

We are all delighted you had such a pleasant stay.

We have been working hard to to offer the best possible service.

The driveway is actually getting resurfaced. This is getting completed the week off 11th June.

We will look forward to seeing you in the future,

Kind regards,