“An enjoyable meal”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Whitwell
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We almost didn't visit the Noel, first impressions on driving into the car park were a little offputting. Only one other car in sight, and the outside of the pub didn't look especially inviting, but we were very glad we took a chance. We were the first guests of the evening (it was only just after 6.30), but the welcome was warm and friendly and the interior of the pub was attractive and smart.
The menu was interesting and varied, and the menu was explained to us, along with helpful suggestions. I particularly liked the availability of smaller servings, as I have a smaller appetite, and can be put off by the huge playful of food I am often presented with! Having said that my husband and I appreciate good and tasty food, and that was definitely what we got. The unexpected serving of a taster of tomato and basil soup was an enjoyable surprise, and we both enjoyed our main courses, and the dessert we shared.
We were joined by another couple of diners, but I'm sure the restaurant deserves to be busier, and we would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We were on a tight schedule but nonetheless tempted by the menu. We will definitely be back to sample the local foods.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We stopped here having fled the overcrowded "facilities" at Rutland Water. One of the best pub lunches we've ever experienced at reasonable prices. Excellent food and friendly service. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

What a great pub, with super-friendly staff and a yummy menu. I stopped here for dinner and found it to have a great selection of choices, with updated versions of classic British recipes and a large selection of vegetarian options. I had a slow-cooked lamb roast that was delicious, accompanied with mash and veg, with portion sizes that were humongous. The meat was fork-tender and gently and flavorfully spiced. I couldn't have been happier with this spot.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

My party of six had Sunday Lunch here today. It was faultless. The food was delicious - plenty of meat and a good range of well cooked vegetables, lovely starters and desserts. Service was friendly and efficient. Would definitely recommend.