Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$10
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Trip.comUS$37
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My 2 adult children and I recently stayed at Mar do Leste for 3 nights. Eloy was helpful. We arrived very late at night and he was there to welcome us. He also arranged for our taxi back to the airport. Our room had 3 beds and a kitchenette. Decor was functional. It was plenty of space for the 3 of us. We did not use the pool as the weather was cool and rainy. The pool area is very pretty and inviting. We did enjoy the belvedere/mirante. The pousada is very close to the beach and is located on a street with many other pousadas off the main commercial area.
Eloy was always very pleasant and wanted to help us in any way he could. We all felt very safe there. We all would recommend this pousada.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
EloySR, Owner at Pousada Mar do Leste, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Pousada Mar do Leste soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The pros of this pousada are the location close to the beach and helpful staff (although the reception is only open from 8 am-8 pm). Barra da Lagoa is a beautiful beach although the eating options in the village are not that great or plentiful.

Although the room/suite was big, there was very little natural light as the window had a covering to keep the sun out. The main problem was the box air conditioning unit which was very noisy and not powerful enough to cool the room. The maid would turn off the AC during the day so when you arrived back in the evening the temperature was around 80 F (27 C). It would then take 5 hours to cool the room to a comfortable temperature (72 F).

The breakfast consisted of fresh fruits and cakes which was good.
The swimming pool was a bit fake, like a large rectangular piece of plastic. A tiled pool would have been better.

It was a reasonable value for the money spent.

Date of stay: February 2014
Trip type: Travelled solo
EloySR, Owner at Pousada Mar do Leste, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Thanks for such a great review.

Unfortunately we can not allow guests to turn on the AC while they are not in the room. This is necessary as we are concerned about preserving the nature. But we did changed the box air conditioning unit for a new split one that is very silent and efficient.

We are happy you enjoyed the breakfast.

Hope to see you here again soon.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I went to Florianapolis for the first time this summer, November (2013) and I stayed here for 7 days. The owner, Eloy is a really nice and friendly person with the team of staff here are amazingly nice and welcoming.

The room we had It comes with a kitchenette, bathroom, and is very comfortable. The location is great its literally a 3 minutes walk from the beach and a few yards away from all of the shops at Barra da Lagoa, Barra da lagoa is an awesome, relaxed place with very friendly people and there's a nice beach 3 minutes walk from the pousada, restaurants, small supermarket, in a small village.

Barra da lagoa is one of the best places for me, i did travel all over florianapoli and Barra da conceicao has many nice restaurants along the Lagoa that is 10 minutes by bus. excellent food, the main speciality is fish and is excelent

Our room included breakfast every morning, and the entire place has great wifi connections so communicating with my family back in London was no problem at all.Next time i go back to Flori I will definitely be staying here and its very affordable accommodation. There is also a pool

Definitely i will stay again on Pousada Mar do Leste on my next visit, affordable, clean, friendly, and more than everything a quite and has a beach that i walk 3 hours along de sea and another 3 hours back doesn't have a single bad thing to say about barra da lagoa and Pousada Mar do Leste,, wonderful, 5 stars

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank thomasuk2013
EloySR, Owner at Pousada Mar do Leste, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Many thanks for your feedback. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay.
It was my pleasure. Hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I was very well treated at Pousada Mar do Leste. The proprietor offered personal assistance and checked in with me daily at breakfast to see what I might need. I am a woman traveling alone and he made me feel safe and even offered a ride to a bank. I spent most of my time on the beach but was happy to retire to a clean room with kitchenette. The convenience store clerk across the street was also a great ambassador and my cab driver, arranged by the Pousada, was a college student that seemed to be chosen with my career in mind.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Carrieoka
EloySR, Owner at Pousada Mar do Leste, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

We’re so happy to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us!

We also greatly appreciate your kind comment.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others and we hope to see you again soon at Florianópolis.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

We were very enjoy with care. Accommodation is normal and very clean (cleaning every day).
Breakfast is fresh (fruit, juice, cake ...) and various.
Pension is very good location at calm zone and near from beatifull beach.
We are recommended!

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
EloySR, Owner at Pousada Mar do Leste, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Thanks for you comments.

We do like to take care of our guests. It will be a pleasure to see you again here at Pousada Mar do Leste.