Lowest prices for your stay
US$156
Priceline
eDreamsUS$156
Reviews (1 104)
1 104 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
6 - 11 of 1 104 reviews
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately I have to say I did not enjoy my stay at Terme di Stigliano and I would not recommend it.

I went there with my wife and 18 year old daughter. When I made the booking, a number of weeks before departure, I was very clear that I needed an extra bed in the room for my daughter. The room price for 4 nights was around 850 Euro. At 11pm the night before we were to arrive I got a note telling me that I would have to pay an additional 200 Euro for the extra bed in the room. While I am ok with some extra charge I felt this was very high and telling me this information the night before I was to arrive was not appropriate.

On arrival you are greeted with the smell of sulphur from the thermal baths. In case you do not know, sulphur smells like rotting eggs. You do get used to it after a couple of hours.

Reception team were courteous. They offered us a coffee while we waited for the passports to be checked. I thought this was a nice gesture until they gave me the bill for 14 Euro for the coffee.

Our room was nice and the surroundings were very pleasant but be aware that it is in the middle of the countryside, 25 minutes drive from next town.

You can pick out the staff who were present, smiling and delivered high quality service, because there was only two of them. A lovely lady at the spa reception and young lady serving at the outside bar. Unfortunately our experience with other staff was very poor. Disinterested, not engaging, no smile, going through the motions and our requests for a coffee at breakfast or suchlike were an annoyance rather than a customer service duty.

The bar closes at 11 pm, no flexibility. There was no entertainment, no life, no fun and constant stares making the four days uncomfortable. To be fair I think this establishment is geared for the older generation and when I am 70 I may consider returning.

I know it’s difficult for hotels to get this type of feedback, but this was truly our experience. It would not have taken a lot to move this hotel up the ranking as the environment is very good. Ask your guests how they are getting on during the stay, or at the meal. Show some flexibility for reasonable requests. Make it a welcoming environment. Thanks

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 589rayc
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our way to our villa in Umbria. Completely agree with previous reviewer regarding the hotel. Beautiful location and was probably once a smart hotel but the room was fairly basic and the reception staff disinterested. We didn’t have a meal here as we arrived too late so had to make do with a tuna sandwich which was two slices of the cheapest white bread. Breakfast was extremely poor. Juice served in plastic cups, unappetising cheese and ham, stale bread and a few dried out looking pastries. The coffee was the worst we have ever tasted (and in Italy- the home of coffee). All in all very disappointing and now understand why it is constantly offered at a discount on Booking.com

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Eleanor-7
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel is set in beautiful hills behind Rome. Unfortunately it is under the flight path of planes coming and going from early morning until late at night. To add to that garden strimmers also start early and go on late.

It is a strange hotel. The location is beautiful, the building imposing. However, the outside terrace overlooks the car park. That sums it up.

The breakfast counter dominates the dining room. The bread is stale. The food complete lacks flair. When we asked for vegetables we were told they were not on the menu. So different to our lunch in a local village. We had fresh, local and wonderful Italian tastes.

Our room was cleaned but the rubbish wasn’t taken away. Staff are friendly and helpful but I suspect management sets a very low bar.

Oh and don’t be put off by the smell of drains when you enter the hotel. It’s the smell of sulphur from the spa!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank alisonk818
Reviewed 4 January 2018

We have spent here a couple days around Xmas (Hotel, Spa, Massage, Dinner package): great value for the price. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The massage was superb and the 3-course dinner deserves a 5 star rating (foodies will be pretty satisfied with the culinary options and rich breakfast buffet). Inside the spa they have a relaxing room where it's just impossible not to fall asleep and you can please yourself with relaxing teas/ infusions anytime.Highly recommended both for locals and not: drive there to escape from noise, stress and go back to the basics dont forget to switch off your phone and take off your watch :)

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2017

We were a large family group and spent there a couple of days across Christmas.

The structure/building is beautiful, characteristic, with period features well preserved. Overall well maintained. The landscaping is well maintained, perfect. Great views.

Rooms spacious enough are clean in general.
Some of them are fairly basic in terms of furniture and bathrooms.

Social areas (indoor and terraces) are nice, well furnished and cozy.
Plenty of comfortable space to meet and chat with family and other guests.

The spa is good and well organized. The staff is very professional. Massages were good.
The pool under the porch is simply fantastic even when the outside temperature is quite cold.The pool on top of the hill is fine as well.

The staff is very friendly and professional.At reception, bar, restaurant, Spa.

Food was good. Set menus were good in general for the price charged. We dined on the 24th and 25th and found the 25th better.
On the 24th we struggled a bit with the availability of wine.
No problem at all on the 25th.
Breakfast was good with good selection of food and drinks.

Overall, we spend a great and relaxing Christmas. Recommended.

Date of stay: December 2017