“Wedding Week Fun”
Living Area
Dining Area
Kitchen
Kitchen
King Master Bedroom (3rd floor)
Master Bath & Jacuzzi
Hot Tub
Covered Deck
King Master Bedroom (3rd floor)
Master Bath & Jacuzzi
Queen Bedroom (2nd floor)
Oceanfront Deck
Queen Bedroom (1st floor)
Queen Bedroom (1st floor)
Bunk Room (1st floor)
Bunk Room (1st floor)
Sitting Area
From the Air
Generic Hot Tub Pic (not your HT). Heating Info
Smarthome
Aerial
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

jsdunning
Brunswick, Ohio
“Wedding Week Fun”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

I rented this property to house two families who's children were getting married. Parents had the two master suites. Engaged couple and siblings/friends in the remaining 5 bedrooms. Worked out great, but be ready for a workout. Alot of steps inside and out. Had a problem with mini fridge in master bedroom not being cold. House needed to be exterminated for water roaches. To many for my liking. Anyone with small children thinking of renting safety gates for the stairs, big or small gates will work. Had issues with hot tub not heating. Could not use it the first two days. Safety gate on the pool does not latch. Volleyball court does not have sand on it. It is covered in weeds. Not good for volleyball. We were told that there was not a grill on the property. There was a charcoal and gas grill. We had rented a charcoal grill also, so that was wasted money. The pool was great. Overall it was a good rental but needs a few updates.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being at the beach/pool
Liked least: Paying to heat a hot tub we could not use for 2 days and roaches.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
NY
Reviewed 1 August 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
NC
Reviewed 13 November 2012 for a stay in October 2012

13 Nov 2012
Dear beachbum,
Thanks for your honest review. I am glad to hear that this beautiful home exceeded your expectations. I wish you had notified us about the “huge roach issue” that you had. We would have been glad to send an exterminator out to provide an extra treatment. We do apologize for any unrest this may have caused you. These palmetto bugs, which are larger than the German cockroaches, are native to the island, and for whatever reason, they have been particularly prevalent this season. Sometimes it can take an extra spray to keep them away from and out of the homes, but we are always glad to take care of that for you. Thanks for your patience and patronage. Give us a call if we can assist you in the future: 800-762-3961.
NC
Reviewed 27 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
27 Sep 2012
Hi Keri,
Thanks so much for your review. I am pleased to hear that you all had a wonderful time. I do apologize for the delay in the repairs to the lights downstairs. Apparently we had to send two different vendors, which explains part of the reason for the delay. With regard to the pool lights, it looks like the timer for those was programmed for AM instead of PM. Again, please accept our apologies for the deficiencies. I am sending your review to our customer service manager, Bill. In the meantime, please give our office a call if we can assist you further: 800-762-3961.
Thanks again,
Clinton OH
Reviewed 31 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012

31 Jul 2012
Hi Sharon,

Thanks for your review. Congratulations on 50 years of marriage! Wow! That is wonderful. We rejoice with you, and we appreciate you allowing us to help you celebrate together at Topsail!

I am truly sorry to hear about the inconveniences you all experienced during your stay in this amazing home. I am glad that you did let us come back out and clean for you, and that you brought most of the other issues to our attention during your stay as well. From our records, it looks like there was a bit of a breakdown in communication with one of our vendors, so we weren’t able to take care of some of these things as promptly as we would have liked to. That’s part of what this review process is all about for us—greater transparency and accountability, and we appreciate your contribution to that.

Again, I do apologize for the trouble. I hope these things didn’t put too much of a damper on your celebration or keep you from enjoying yourselves overall. It looks like most of the issues you informed us about were minor, but when stacked up together, I know they were bothersome. They have all been dealt with since your stay. Thank you again for your patience and patronage.

Please give us a call whenever you are ready to come back to Topsail: 800-762-3961.

Amy
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing