“A Time of Rest”
Sound-Side Deck
Living Room (top floor)
Dining Area
Kitchen
King Master Bedroom (top floor)
Queen Bedroom (1st floor)
Queen Bedroom (1st floor)
Bunk Room (1st floor)
Covered Deck
Stairs off Deck
Walk-Way to Beach Access
Deck w/ Gazebo
Gazebo w/ Picnic Table
First floor
Second Floor
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

mavric361...
Canton, Ohio
“A Time of Rest”
Reviewed 21 August 2016 for a stay in June 2016

I took 4 friends along for a girls get away. Three of my friends are senior citizens, so we needed a place where we could enjoy the beach close and up front or from the property. We had the best of both.

My friend and I were able to walk, play and chat without leaving our senior friends too far behind. Most days, the seniors watched us from the deck or the private, half covered 12' x 28' deck, for relaxing, eating and partying built right on the dune!

This was an excellent private home on the beach. No packing up, driving or rest room issues.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, cleanliness and owner's willingness to neogotiate rate.
Liked least: Need more seating. House is for 10 people, but living room only seats 4-5 comfortably; need bean bags or other seating options.
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
OH
Reviewed 28 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
28 Jul 2013
Dear Kris,

Thank you for sharing your comments about this beautiful oceanfront property. It's great to hear that your stay will provide happy summer memories with your family. We have shared your feedback with the owner, and he has responded as follows:

For purposes of clarification, this newer home has a much sought after inverted floor plan which places three oceanfront bedrooms level with the dune. The ocean front master suite, living, dining room and kitchen are located on the top floor to provide 360 degree views of the island. For safety and security reasons, the owners choose not to build an outside staircase to the decks on the top level (over 30' high). There are three areas to access the ocean on the second floor as well as an access from the ground floor.

Thanks,
Gary
Chinquapin NC
Reviewed 1 November 2012 for a stay in October 2012

1 Nov 2012
Hi Gayle,
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so pleased to hear that you all had a wonderful family vacation! Let us know how we can assist you in planning next year's visit: 800-762-3961.
Cheers,
West Virginia
Reviewed 20 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012

A romantic getaway
20 Sep 2012
Dear Hilltop,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I am so happy to hear that you all had so much fun in the sun! Indeed, you all chose a beautiful new home that everyone seems to love. I'm glad it was so well suited to your needs. We don't advertize nor maintain beach chairs, umbrellas, etc., for obvious reasons; however, we can help you rent any of these items you may need if you'd like. Please give us a call whenever you all are ready to return: 800-762-3961. We look forward to welcoming you back to Topsail!

Cheers,
Apollo
Reviewed 13 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Luxury-minded travelers
13 Sep 2012
Hi BeachGoer,

Thanks for your review of this lovely home and for the photos. I am pleased to hear that you all enjoyed your stay despite the rainy weather.

I will share your comments about the top deck with the owner; however, per Onslow County building codes, decks must be detached from the home to prevent extensive damage in the event of a storm. The decks are safe and secure, but the feel of them is probably a little different from what you may be used to. Please let us know if you have further concerns. Give us a call whenever you are ready to book your next visit to Topsail: 800-762-3961.

Thanks again,
Amy
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Talk to the Manager
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing