Reviews (1 056)
1 056 results
All reviews girls night in package relaxation room afternoon tea leisure facilities sauna and steam room spa pool wedding venue health club bar prices food was lovely couldn't do enough restaurant staff wedding reception changing rooms course evening meal following morning the barn
9 - 14 of 1 056 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Eight of us went to this murder mystery and we all really enjoyed it. The three course meal was excellent, the best Beef Bourguignon I have had. The staff were exceptional and it was well organised. This is the first time I have been to Hellaby Hall Hotel and I would definitely go to another event.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank 800sophie
Relax749152, General Manager at Hellaby Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi 800sophie

Thank you for leaving your 5* review.

Its great too hear that you & your party enjoyed yourselves at the Peaky Blinders Murder Mystery evening - your comments about my Team here at Hellaby Hall are greatly appreciated and its pleasing too hear that your thought the Beef Bourguignon was indeed the 'best you ever had' - that's gone down very well the the Kitchen team !!

If you would like to contact my Sales Team they can send out our 'Forthcoming Events' calendar so that we can look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed over for a wedding. It was a fabulous occasion in a lovely setting, with efficient and attentive staff.

The young barman who greeted everyone that walked in, was a joy. Friendly and fun. Then when he wasn't interacting with us all, busy polishing glasses and holding them up to the window inspecting them. I loved to see that! Credit to him.

There was a young girl who was also so kind and showed real initiative pre the ceremony, by offering and providing cushions so I could elevate my leg/foot. I really appreciated this gesture so much, especially because I hadn’t asked. Those big cushions that they moved about for me, really helped me to be able to enjoy the whole day.

This thoughtfulness and care was then further extended by the Wedding Planner who was brilliant. Clearly loves his job and again, an asset to Hellaby Hall. He was so discreet passing me tissues during the ceremony, and generally checking in with me throughout the day. I was in a wheelchair but I know he extended this to the other guests just as much.

The service was efficient throughout the meal with happy staff and nice food and drink.

The family room was large with a ? king size and a double. This was perfect for me to relax in and had lots of hotel amenities. Nice big bathroom too. Clean throughout.

Good reports from all the next morning regarding breakfast.

We had a great time, and to note, The hotel was wheelchair friendly throughout all the areas I went.

The dining room looked like it would be a nice setting for meals. Intimate tables for two in the windows, or larger tables for bigger parties.

Stayed: September 2018

Hi dltmcfc

Thank you for leaving your 4* review after you attended a wedding

I am very pleased to hear that all the Team here at Hellaby Hall helped to make it a fabulous occasion for you - even though you had to endure being in a wheelchair for most of the day !!! As l always say to my Team 'its the small detail's that guests notice more' and for you to acknowledge my sentiments is paying dividends.

I hope by now you are firmly back on your feet and making a good recovery

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked this hotel as a wedding Anniversary treat as we saw it advertised as a luxury hotel.
The problems began on check in and ended on check out.
We were told on checking in the restaurant was fully booked even though in our booking we’d stated this was an anniversary visit.
Our room was not luxurious at all, in fact I’ve seen better budget hotels advertised. The shower was broken, the toilet flush was broken , the sink, shower etc were all dirty. The carpets were dirty and smelly, not all lights were working, the mirror was broken too.
During the evening all the power went off, the emergency lighting was not working outside our room and the ones that were working were inadequate to light your way. We tried to ring and email reception but didn’t get any response until the power returned.
At breakfast there was no food rotation in place, staff looked shabby with creased and dirty uniforms, another member of staff watched over us like a hawk.
On checking out I tried to give the member of staff my constructive feedback only to be rudely interrupted by another member of staff, I ended up leaving at this point.
Both my husband and I have successfully run restaurants to a high standard in the past and have happily taken onboard both positive and constructive feedback but this team, both staff and management don’t appear to have any accountability.
We will never return to this hotel and would definitely not recommend it.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Diane W

Hi Diane W

I am somewhat surprised that you have posted your review now in October, as ALL the issues that you have raised, were indeed sorted out back in July after your stay, because there was communication between myself, my Operations Manage and even our Group General Manager via personal emails !

As for not being 'accountable', we did relay to you our course of actions that we carried out on each & every issue that you had raised- which were addressed immediately - we even agreed a discount on your stay to which you accepted !!

regards

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed the previous night for a wedding & attended the restaurant the next morning for breakfast. The table was dirty. Two members of staff walked by & not one of them thought to wipe the table for us & set it with cutlery & cups etc. After few minutes of staff walking by I managed to get the attention of one, who came & started to place cutlery down. I had to stop her & tell her the table needed wiping first ! She went away & didn't return ! I then asked another member of staff if we could get the table wiped & set... eventually after about 10-15 minutes we had a table set for breakfast ! Then I still had to get the attention of staff to get tea & coffee !
I take this as poor service, the staff were not interested in clearing up & wiping tables ready for the next service. For the amount of money paid for 1 family room with breakfast, I would expect to be able to sit down to a clean table ready to have breakfast !

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Simon S
Relax749152, General Manager at Hellaby Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Hi Simon S

Thank you for leaving your review after your recent stay

There seems to be an oversight when the staff walked past you when you were at the a dirty table !! I would have thought they assumed that you had been there a while and not just turned up. I will speak with the Breakfast Supervisor to be more vigilant and to make the team more aware of when guests may sit at an already dirty table.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

We came here for a wedding, services wasn’t great, didn’t really receive any good service from staff apart from the manager (rod Stewart) he was a cool guy. Was very expensive for drinks, toilets clean and well presented in public areas. Great for weddings, just too expensive for drinks.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank OJNesfield

Hi OJNesfield

Thank you for leaving your review after the recent wedding that you attended

I am sorry that you found the drinks to be expensive but l am pleased to hear that all public areas and our toilets are well presented.

kind regards