Reviews (1 058)
1 058 results
All reviews girls night in package relaxation room afternoon tea leisure facilities sauna and steam room spa pool wedding venue health club bar prices food was lovely couldn't do enough restaurant staff wedding reception changing rooms course evening meal following morning the barn
86 - 91 of 1 058 reviews
Reviewed 26 March 2018

First visit to this hotel. Beautiful place rooms very nice. Breakfast good. However the whole purpose of our visit was to go into the spa and pool. I did this Saturday afternoon only to find it very cold even the hot tub was barely warm. This made the weekend a waste of money has we known we would have come another time.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 28 March 2018

Hi sue1963milly

I apologise that the Pool & Spa pool were not up to temperature - we have very recently had brand new boilers fitted in the Leisure Club and it has taken a little longer for the pool to reach its optimum temperature so that all of our Members & Guests have full use all our facilities.

I hope, if you do revisit us, we can offer you a fully functional Leisure Club to enhance your guest experience of the hotel

I look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Beautiful setting with a good size and clean room. Pool area really nice and all staff friendly and helpful. My bed was not comfortable at all, though, which was a huge shame because I loved the place otherwise. Great Breakfast in a dining area with a pretty view.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 28 March 2018

Hi Catherine E

I am delighted too hear that you fell in love with Hellaby Hall ! i am only upset that you found the bed not to be comfortable ! If you could contact me directly at the Hotel l will investigate your comments further with an inspection of the room in question so that a replacement can be made.

I hope we can welcome you back to Hellaby very soon

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Well I must say that the start of our spa day did not get off well as the hotel was having a new boiler installed and the temporary boiler was not keeping the pool to a good temperature for swimming, but the sauna and the spa rooms were very good. The treatment and relaxing area after treatment was very good. Whilst our disappointment about the pool was still in our minds, David the General Manager came to meet with us in the bar apologised, also offered us Day passes to use the pool and spa areas when the boilers had been fixed, he understood our frustration and helped as much as he could. The hotel itself is very, very clean, the food is excellent and
The staff were good especially Jade and Charlotte who served our evening meal. In the morning again we were not disappointed in the food, there was everything one could want to eat, and the gem on hand to help you was a lady called Wendy. Wendy was the final part which turned a possible disaster into one of the most enjoyable stats we have had in any hotel. Thank you and we will be seeing you again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 21 March 2018

Hi Lesley W

Thank you for leaving your 4* review after your Spa day & Overnight stay.

We were having a lot of issues, that were way beyond our control with the heating & new boilers installation but with every cloud there are Silver linings ! The Leisure Club is almost back up to speed ( 2 more days and we should have cracked it !!)

As a GM, its really pleasing to hear that so many Team Players have been mentioned in your review - as its the Team that make any business and l have too say l front a great Team here at Hellaby Hall.

We all look forward to seeing you soon either in the Leisure Club or in the Hotel

Reviewed 16 March 2018

some rooms weren't cleaned towels not changed. lots of dirt under the beds. bed sheets were not changed or clean. food was disgusting no real sense of taste. when they did make the beds they just folded it round and one of the rooms had the door handle hanging off.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Dan H
Management response:Responded 17 March 2018

Hi Dan H

If l may ask you to contact me directly at the Hotel l can go through your experiences on a 1-2-1 basis. I believe you were staying here on the Apprenticeship Scheme, where you do have the facility to speak to myself & any member of the team, any time during your stay but l do not see any requests from you to do this. I will speak to your Training Provider so that we can resolve any further issues in the future.

Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and l look forward to speaking to you

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We would like to thank all the staff especially Wendy the waitress who looked after us at breakfast. All the staff were helpful and attentive.
The room was warm, clean, quiet, and fit for purpose, good shower modern bathroom.
Bed was large and comfortable.
Leisure facilities are being updated with minimum disruption
We will not hesitate in a return visit.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 16 March 2018

Hi fredaStokeOnTrent

Thank you for leaving your review after your short Wedding Anniversary break

We are in the process of upgrading all departments of the Hotel as well as our Leisure Club which will hopefully improve our Guest experiences. I am pleased too hear that you appreciated the all aspects of the stay and more importantly that Wendy looked after you at breakfast which she does with all of the guests with aplomb.

I hope you keep to your word and will not hesitate to come back soon when we will look forward to seeing you again